Thread: Ran across this little jewel. No way we're not a top 5 SEC DL......NONE.......

vCash

Ran across this little jewel. No way we're not a top 5 SEC DL......NONE.......

Much less worse than UM.........For all the wooly articles I've seen out there, there are a lot not giving us much respect and historically we seem to do better when that's the case.......

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-de...eason-29830903
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    We were the best defense in the sec by the end of the year IMO. No way we're outside top 3.

vCash
    Garbage article. Zero research. Ask Auburn if we struggled against the run. Ask ole miss if we struggled on defense. I remember the same thing being said about us by another idiot right before the bowl game. "MSU struggles stopping the run and Rice is a heavy running team". I laughed at that then watched as we completely shut down the run once again.

vCash
    We were 66th in yards/rush last year. That's obviously got(and going) to improve this year, but statistically I can understand why they ranked us down a little bit. Now, we faced a tough rushing schedule last year as well. In terms of adjusted stats, we were #22 in this regard. We were also not a great TFL or Sack D last year. #93 in sacks and #63 in TFL. Both need improvement to be considered an elite DL...

vCash
    Our stats are probably skewed by the Oklahoma State game, LSU game, and Johnny Manziel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    We were 66th in yards/rush last year. That's obviously got(and going) to improve this year, but statistically I can understand why they ranked us down a little bit. Now, we faced a tough rushing schedule last year as well. In terms of adjusted stats, we were #22 in this regard. We were also not a great TFL or Sack D last year. #93 in sacks and #63 in TFL. Both need improvement to be considered an elite DL...
    You know what would help with both of those? Playing Chris Jones at DE. That would allow us to get PJ Jones and Nick James on the field all at the same time as well.

Won't happen though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You know what would help with both of those? Playing Chris Jones at DE. That would allow us to get PJ Jones and Nick James on the field all at the same time as well.
    I disagree with this. Would much rather have an elite DT causing disruption up the middle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our stats are probably skewed by the Oklahoma State game, LSU game, and Johnny Manziel.
    We actually held aTm under 100 yards total rushing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    I disagree with this. Would much rather have an elite DT causing disruption up the middle.
    This man knows what he's talking about. But there will be some situations where we'll see CJ at DE, I think. The fact is, we're ridiculously deep on the DL. Maybe the deepest we've been since '99.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Ask ole miss if we struggled on defense. I remember the same thing being said about us by another idiot right before the bowl game. "MSU struggles stopping the run and Rice is a heavy running team".
    Exactly.

Sour grapes? Maybe. But it really just boggles my mind. I'm truly dumbfounded as to how OM somehow finds themselves being put in lists like these, only to have quite the opposite outcome before or by the end of the season.