Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

I have a request to Cooke what I cooked last Saturday, again this Saturday. Besides that, no idea

vCash
    I'm boiling shrimp tomorrow night for our full cabin at the Neshoba County Fair. Tonight will be whatever I can get my hands on here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    I'm boiling shrimp tomorrow night for our full cabin at the Neshoba County Fair. Tonight will be whatever I can get my hands on here.
    Sweet. The fair is awesome. Haven't been in years.

vCash
    Just finished some boiled shrimp and am now enjoying some Timber Beast.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Started with fat tire. Had a gorgeous veal chop and nothing else but Malbec then a beautiful cab.

vCash
    Sunday I'm making French onion soup, and apps of fried okra (pickled from last year's garden; which gives them an awesome flavor once fried) and green heirloom tomatoes with a scratch made Caesar salad and blue cheese dipping sauce.

I'm sure I'll end up drinkin' quite a few home brews, as it's generally impossible for me to cook a big meal and not drink

vCash
    I bought a 24oz Andy Gator last night and decided to save it for today when I'm cooking tonight. Grabbed a miller lite and did my prep. I coated speckled trout filets in olive oil and blackening seasoning and tossed it around. Covered and in the fridge.

vCash
    I held back a cpl filets for myself for lunch. Fried trout, fresh cut curly fries

vCash
    home made jambalaya straight from Baton Rouge delivered to the MSGC and Miller Lite. Burgers, Dogs, and more miller lite for about 70 people today.

vCash
    All my stuff is packed up in boxes and the house is spotless... I'll be eating take out (probably Mi Toro, because it's around the corner) for the next month until I close on the new house in 3 weeks... I'm jealous
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Andygator in my recliner

vCash
    Pirates Cove for dinner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Pirates Cove for dinner.
    Nice. Pass Christian?

vCash
    I've been wanting to stuff some burgers so tonight I tried it with bacon, swiss, and jalapenos. Got five burgers out of 2 pounds of beef. They turned out pretty damn good. Prepared them and washed them down with the Yazoo summer brew and Sierra Nevada Summerfest. Also picked up the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 12 pack today so I'm looking forward to trying them this week.

vCash
    Did the same ad last weekend. Blackened trout, cream pasta, garlic bread. More andygator

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Slow cooked ribs on the egg. Grilled corn. Feta and cream cheese with sweet marinara baked in oven for app. More wine

vCash
    Home visiting my parents and mom is cooking homemade chicken and dumplings and nursing a few miller lites. About Togo ride around and look at some bean fields and see if I can see any deer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Nice. Pass Christian?
    yeah. I was down there this weekend.