Thread: Listening to Saban...

vCash

Listening to Saban...

And two things quickly come up...

1) there is zero reason to wonder why he is so successful. From a coaching and leader standpoint he is absolutely 100% on point with his approach. I hate bama as much as anyone but have extreme respect for the man and any coach can take a lot away from what he does that would lend itself to success.

2) holy shit...is someone asleep next to a mic or just an obese reporter trying to breathe?!?! This is absurd to have to listen to

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Best players= best coach .nothing genius about it IMO .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Not talkin about an X's and O's vs jimmies and joes argument. But for the record I agree that good players make good coaches and no coach wins without any talent. I'm saying that simply from a coach's standpoint and his approach to his job as a coach he is spot on every time. Again, not discussing scheme or strategy. More along the lines of what he views his overall job as a coach is. I have yet to hear him say anything in that regard that I disagree with...and I feel that plays into his success to a certain extent.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    There is a reason he gets the best players. This guy is alot better than most in his profession and arguably the best and I dont think it can be argued. He has BUILT a dominate program through his own program. The players dont just come to Alabama because its Alabama...if so what happened to those years after Stallings and before Saban?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Not talkin about an X's and O's vs jimmies and joes argument. But for the record I agree that good players make good coaches and no coach wins without any talent. I'm saying that simply from a coach's standpoint and his approach to his job as a coach he is spot on every time. Again, not discussing scheme or strategy. More along the lines of what he views his overall job as a coach is. I have yet to hear him say anything in that regard that I disagree with...and I feel that plays into his success to a certain extent.
    His approach don't work in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    A Z6 Corvette can't beat a F150 4x4 up a mud hill.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    No it doesnt but it absolutely is arguably the best college program thought process and structure. I could never blame a kid for going there if given the opportunity. When that player leaves, if they buy into Sabans program, that player has a leg up on alot of people who are just getting out of school (with taking away the fact they played football at bammer and people would pay them handsomely to come stand in their office bc they were bammer football) due to their exposure to the leadership and structure they get for 4 yrs.

vCash
    Awesome point...very relevant to my post**

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to crap on your point.

However, I do think that basically he wins because he gets the best players. Granted he is the one getting them. I will say the best argument agaisnt my point is LSU, because they were much better under him, and they still get great players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    There is a reason he gets the best players. This guy is alot better than most in his profession and arguably the best and I dont think it can be argued. He has BUILT a dominate program through his own program. The players dont just come to Alabama because its Alabama...if so what happened to those years after Stallings and before Saban?
    I think urban Meyer is on his level.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think he is getting there but has more time to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think Saban is on a level all by himself but Meyer is one click below.

And now to hi jack my own thread: if we could have any current football coach in the country and be guaranteed they'd stay for 10+ years who would it be?

Besides dan of course

Denver Airport Director
    vCash

And now to hi jack my own thread: if we could have any current football coach in the country and be guaranteed they'd stay for 10+ years who would it be?

Besides dan of course
    uhhhh Nick Saban?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    uhhhh Nick Saban?
    Blasphemy. Has to be Hudspeth.

vCash

Besides dan of course
    Jim harbaugh.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Blasphemy. Has to be Hudspeth.
    HUD HUD HUD HUD HUD!!!!!
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I bet it would have worked a lot better if Ricky Williams didn't quit on them in the middle of the summer and if he had been there longer.