Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
Hitler was an insane megalomaniac by that point. As evil as he may have been, Hitler was actually a pretty brilliant dude and a scholar of history. He knew damn well how the Russians defend their territory, but he thought he was the guy that could actually succeed. Plus, if I'm remembering it correctly, he was convinced that Russia was going to attack them, so he decided to invade Russia first. But he didn't have the resources to back it up, especially when he split his army to do it. And as I pointed out, it forced him to fight a war on two fronts. It's really a good thing he went insane. If he hadn't, there's really no telling how WWII would've turned out. Hell, if he'd just decided to finish off the Brits before invading Russia, it might've been different.
This is true. They put the first turbojet into service, the ME 262, although by the time it was operational with the Luftwaffe, they had already lost the air war. It was a terribly unreliable airplane and dangerous airplane to fly, but if the 262 had been operational just a year earlier, the allied bombing campaigns would have had to deal with them in larger numbers as the war progressed. Plus, the Germans would have refined it, and worked out some of the design flaws. That would have made the war even more costly and drawn out.