Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
I'm not questioning you, but if they are State guys why would they make beers specific to Ole Miss and Hattiesburg but not Starkville? Looks like "Reb Ale" has been rebranded but they still have "Southern Gold" that you can only buy in Hattiesburg.
I emailed them about seven years ago and kind of blasted them for this. They (I can't remember exactly who it was) emailed me back fairly quickly and their explanation was that they didn't think Starkville could support a beer just for Starkville and they couldn't rely only on students to buy their beer because of the premium price. I emailed back and told them I would support them but I would never drink a Reb Ale. The sales manager them emailed me and said they appreciate my business and gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him if I ever had a problem with their beer or if I needed help finding their beer.
They later changed Reb Ale to Deep South Pale Ale but left the label red & blue. I guess the colors alone turned people off because they recently discontinued the beer which I find hilarious.