Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derek Mason - "We don't believe in redshirting at Vanderbilt."

vCash

Derek Mason - "We don't believe in redshirting at Vanderbilt."

He said that he expects 17-18 freshmen to play. Interesting.

Banned
    vCash
    recruiting tactic that almost always brings early recruiting success but never ends well.

vCash
    yep

vCash
    Interesting but understandable. Vandy goes 0-8 or 1-7 in the conference this year.

vCash
    Wow. Famous last words. He doesn't have the talent or the depth to play straight up with anybody in this conference. If any team needs to redshirt, it's Vanderbilt.

vCash
    That sounds like something Croom say. It's out of touch with reality.

vCash
    Vandy lost alot of starters last year. Young guys will have to play.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    "Derek Mason has been fired"

-Vandy in 3-4 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That sounds like something Croom say. It's out of touch with reality.
    Yes, that's a very careless statement. If a freshmen can't crack the 2 deep, he needs to redshirt.

vCash
    Did he also bang his fist on the podium and declare we are going to run the West Coast offense I don't care what anybody says?

Banned
    vCash
    Why would you not believe in redshirting? That is a very odd comment. It doesn't matter if you don't believe in it when the other 13 SEC schools do. You have no choice. Well I guess you do have a choice but you're then choosing to get your ass kicked. Vandy has no chance. The talent they sign is already less than the rest and now they will be younger less experienced and not as physically strong as their direct competition. This is suicide. Good luck with that Vandy. Bet you redshirt next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderclap View Post
    Did he also bang his fist on the podium and declare we are going to run the West Coast offense I don't care what anybody says?
    Yeah, He said "Gulf Coast Offense" though.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Why would you not believe in redshirting? That is a very odd comment. It doesn't matter if you don't believe in it when the other 13 SEC schools do. You have no choice. Well I guess you do have a choice but you're then choosing to get your ass kicked. Vandy has no chance. The talent they sign is already less than the rest and now they will be younger less experienced and not as physically strong as their direct competition. This is suicide. Good luck with that Vandy. Bet you redshirt next year.

Because he's obviously an idiot. The only team in the SEC that could maybe make that kind of comment is Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, and maybe Texas A&M. And guess what ALL of them do? Redshirt people.

But Vanderbilt....hell no.

I can't figure out why they are so devoid of talent because I thought Vandy was recruiting better under Franklin?

Banned
    vCash
    Vandy gone be Vandy again. 2-10 here they come.

vCash
    Didnt OM play most their freshmen freezes first year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Why would you not believe in redshirting
    He's trying to get as many good recruits as possible that want to play immediately and not work for playing time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    He's trying to get as many good recruits as possible that want to play immediately and not work for playing time.
    I mean I get that but from the sounds of it he actually is serious and doesn't believe in redshirting. This isn't the Pac-12. Believe has nothing to do with it. Haha. There is no choice here. And even if he is just saying that to get recruits he just tied himself into actually doing that or everyone else will just point out how he's full of shit to every recruit from then on. He won't last long.

vCash
    I like it. Franklin proved you can win at Vandy. And a strong argument can be made that Bama redshirts and then processes you out for younger five star players. If I'm Vandy, I tell those recruits you can play for a good coach with nationwide respect, play early, get an education at damn fine private school for free, and start making money in the NFL sooner.

vCash
    It's a train wreck waiting to happen, Vandy gone be Vandy again indeed.

vCash

SEC Media Day

Derek Mason was unimpressive at his first SEC media day. After the first 100 umms he uttered it was obvious that he does not have the media polish that he needs to follow up James Franklin.

In other news, did y'all see Muschamp looking like a deer caught in the headlights? The look in his eyes spoke volumes. That dude knows he's fired and there is nothing that he can do about it. He is just showing up and collecting a paycheck for as many games as he can make it to this year. Gator nation is going to chomp him up and spit him out a la Ron Zook. Let's start working on Muschamp now as a replacement at DC after the big boys throw big money to Geoff Collins. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 07-15-2014 at 02:06 AM. Reason: punctation
    Death penalty or bust!!!***