Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Beer You've had lately thread

vCash
    Working on a hopzilla with my deer tamales tonight. One of my favorites, but it can sneak up on you.

vCash
    Leinenkugel Summer Shandy at the beach.

Dogfishhead 60. Stone IPA. Rebel IPA. Bells Two Hearted Ale. Jai Alai.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU97 View Post
    Ghost river golden, yazoo pale ale, wiseacre ananoda and sweet water 420 have all been enjoyed this summer
    Have you had Wiseacre - Tiny Bomb yet? Good stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Leinenkugel Summer Shandy at the beach.

Dogfishhead 60. Stone IPA. Rebel IPA. Bells Two Hearted Ale. Jai Alai.
    Damn. I wish I hadn't even seen this. Four of those are some of the best beers anywhere and I can't buy them in Mississippi. I may have to move just for a better beer selection.

vCash
    Stone Enjoy By 8.16.14 IPA. Piney hop character....very good...also happens to be my 40th, so there's that. The NB Summer Helles has been a good find, and my go to summer brew is Sierra Nevada Summerfest.

vCash
    I know it's not beer, but I've got a batch of black currant wine fermenting right now. I put about 10lbs of sugar in it, to go along with 2 quarts of Mississippi Honey. To say it was too sweet, is an understatement, lol. I let it ferment for 1 month in primary. I sampled it, and it was still way too sweet, so I pitched another yeast, and after 2 more months in the primary, the sweetness has gone down a lot (still a bit sweet), but.....its so damn boozy. It will literally be a liqueur by the time I'm done with it. It's probably about 25-30% right now.....

I've also got a batch of Irish Red going as well. I'm brewing with an Abby yeast, so it should be fairly high gravity, prob about 8.5abv.

vCash
    Working on a Monkeynaut IPA now. Pretty good stuff. Stopped by Hops & Habanas in Madison and they have a way better selection than anywhere I've been on the coast.

vCash
    Yeah, that Liney Sunset Wheat is pretty good.... has an almost blueberry taste to it...

Had me a couple Red Jackets the other night... sooo smooth!
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    We went to Sams today, and I got the 24 Mexican Beer pack. It has Dos Equis 'Azul'. Never heard of it, but it's really tasty. It's brewed with blue agave nectar.

vCash
    I have been working through my Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 12 pack. There are 12 different styles and each one is a collaboration between Sierra Nevada and another brewery, most of which are breweries not distributed in Mississippi. It's a great way to try different styles and to try different breweries.

vCash
    mama's little yella pils and old chub scotch ale. Both from Oskar Blues, both extraordinary