Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

What's on tap for the weekend? I'm cooking fish on Saturday for the fam. Not sure about anything else

vCash
    Reds on the half shell tonight. Not sure what on it or sides yet.

vCash
    Love reds on the half-shell. I'm doing that and frying trout tomorrow

vCash
    hospital food for us I'm afraid ... wife just had surgery for a ruptured appendix late yesterday afternoon ... I hope it wasn't my beer can chicken that did it
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    hospital food for us I'm afraid ... wife just had surgery for a ruptured appendix late yesterday afternoon ... I hope it wasn't my beer can chicken that did it
    Sorry to here that. A quick prayer in your direction sir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Love reds on the half-shell. I'm doing that and frying trout tomorrow
    Opened up the bag of red filets after they thawed and they smelled awful. Not sure what happened. Froze them and handled them as usual. Didn't want to take a chance on that, so emergency back up is some deer steaks.

Hate to hear that FISHDAWG. Hope all goes well.

vCash
    that sucks Fish. sorry to hear that. They caught my sons about to rupture when he was 2. Had to do emergency surgery. Sure y'all had the same. Not fun!

On the grill: Butterfly pork chops with a paprika smoke rub topped with honey cinnamon apple cider vinegar cooked apples. Dogfishhead to wash it down because I didn't like the Pinot we had and will night cap with some Morangie 10... if I don't get frisky and go for the 18.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Dogfishhead to wash it down
    Consider me extremely jealous. I wish I could get my hands on some 90 minute more often.

vCash
    Hate to hear that, Fish. Hope all goes well...keep us posted.

I will be diving into the Glenlivet tonight. Steaks and craft beer tomorrow night (likely Abita AndyGator). Beer and maybe a dock rocker on the reservoir Sunday afternoon. You guys have a great weekend.

vCash
    Sorry to hear that fish. Got the family down drinking cold beer and frying fish, shrimp, homemade hush puppies, and mom made slaw from scratch.

vCash
    thanks everyone - she will be ok ... Cadaver, go easy on the Glenlivet... it goes fast and very expensive to replace
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    thanks everyone - she will be ok ... Cadaver, go easy on the Glenlivet... it goes fast and very expensive to replace
    #Truth

vCash
    Bout to hit up the grocery store for my fish fry tonight. We'll have fried trout, redfish on the half shell, slaw, fries, squash puppies, cold beer, and my signature summer party drink.

BeastMan summer drink:
    -2 gallons chick-fil-a lemonade
    -1 fifth Smirnoff strawberry vodka
    -1 fifth Smirnoff blueberry vodka
    -1 fifth Smirnoff raspberry vodka
    - razzmatazz to color (I like it light purpleish)
    -mix all ingredients in a big pitcher. Ice and enjoy

Women absolutely lose their mind over this drink and I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoy it myself in the summer. Refreshing but packs a punch. In my 30's it's called Berry Lemonade but in my bartending 20's I would have called it Everybody Gets Laid

vCash
    how bout berry lemonlaid.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Lol great drink!

Fish hope all is well

Had my usual cowboy ribeye last night.

Tonite doing grilled sea bass tacos. A little spicy rub on them. Fresh slaw with some steamed then grilled corn salsa. Wife is making pur?e for blackberry margs.

Tomorrow doing my version of emerils snapper a la Rome. Stupid.

Bought ice cream maker too. Not sure what's going on with that.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Oh and my drink....Charbay Tahitian vanilla bean rum with fresh squeezed lime juice, a little sugar, splash of soda and splash of grenadine for color. Wow. Pioneer better watch out tonite! Lol

vCash
    Prayers for y'all fishdawg... I just did some quick ribeyes a while ago.. been looking at a house I'm going to buy... a beach house in the middle of the woods on a hill...

vCash
    My lemonade drink

Redfish on the half shell pre-grilling

Redfish after grilling

Fried trout

Fries and squash puppies
    Last edited by BeastMan; 07-12-2014 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    squash puppies? that sounds glorious. My mom makes fried squash patties and they're unreal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    Prayers for y'all fishdawg... I just did some quick ribeyes a while ago.. been looking at a house I'm going to buy... a beach house in the middle of the woods on a hill...
    Nothing like your getting away place...