Thread: Danley just said on the twitters.......

vCash

Danley just said on the twitters.......

Jamal Danley? ‏@JDanley54 3m
    I will not be visiting #OU on July 14th. I would miss too much school work. Grades come first . I will visit before the summer is over !

I will be at the Big Dawg camp on the 18th though with @ghostmays12 !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    I will not be visiting #OU on July 14th. I would miss too much school work. Grades come first . I will visit before the summer is over !

I will be at the Big Dawg camp on the 18th though with @ghostmays12 !
    Come on, coaches....CLOSE HIM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Come on, coaches....CLOSE HIM!
    It's time. We've gotta him. Wish we could get sherrod on campus during camp

vCash
    Interesting that Todd Mays is also coming to Super Bulldog Camp. Not really sure where Mays would fit for us, but he's an elite athlete...

vCash
    We've caught a break with this after stumbling with his recruitment, and we'd better capitalize on it. Need to get him in the boat next weekend.

vCash
    Todd Mays would make a great slot but with Myles, Graham, Gray, and Dear there is no room at the inn I wouldnt think

vCash
    I would say this is def a positive for MSU's efforts with Danley. He is a must get for this staff. I would really like he and Rankin both.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Danley has some work to do if we wants to get to an SEC school in January. There's a reason why Oklahoma became such a threat. Also the reason he's not going to Oklahoma Monday can't afford to miss any school. He can get out in January for the Big 12 but he's going to have to really keep his nose in the books to be able to get to Starkville by then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Danley has some work to do if we wants to get to an SEC school in January. There's a reason why Oklahoma became such a threat. Also the reason he's not going to Oklahoma Monday can't afford to miss any school. He can get out in January for the Big 12 but he's going to have to really keep his nose in the books to be able to get to Starkville by then.
    This guy is dead on. There is alot of doubt as to whether Danley can even qualify for SEC enrollment in January
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Dang, the Big 12 has been killing us lately on JUCOs that they can get in (or get in early) that we can't.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Dang, the Big 12 has been killing us lately on JUCOs that they can get in (or get in early) that we can't.
    Yep, Lacolton Bester was just down the road and ended up at OU.

vCash
    I thought he was a full qualifier out of high school and wouldn't have to graduate from juco to be eligible? That's why we were thinking about signing him last year, because he didn't need to graduate juco. He would be a regular transfer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonState View Post
    I thought he was a full qualifier out of high school and wouldn't have to graduate from juco to be eligible? That's why we were thinking about signing him last year, because he didn't need to graduate juco. He would be a regular transfer.
    My understanding as well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    My understanding as well...
    I hope that is the case. We definitely need him and don't want to see the Big 12 take him from us due to a academic technicality.

vCash
    thats not the case- he wouldnt be in juco had he qualified out of HS

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonState View Post
    Not anymore. If you start school after Aug. 1, 2012 if you go to a 4yr school transfer to a Juco you must graduate with an Associate's Degree & a 2.00 gpa. It's called a 4-2-4 Transfer Rule. You also must complete an avg of 12 hrs each term you're at Juco & have 1 calender year elapse from entering juco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    thats not the case- he wouldnt be in juco had he qualified out of HS
    Danley started out at Louisiana-Monroe.

vCash
    Not anymore. If you start school after Aug. 1, 2012 if you go to a 4yr school transfer to a Juco you must graduate with an Associate's Degree & a 2.00 gpa. It's called a 4-2-4 Transfer Rule. You also must complete an avg of 12 hrs each term you're at Juco & have 1 calender year elapse from entering juco.
    ahhhh- here is our answer.

This is also why that juco couldnt sign with us in basketball and had to go somewhere else