Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so there's no SEC Network for Directv so far... BUT....

vCash

so there's no SEC Network for Directv so far... BUT....

There's a new FANTASY FOOTBALL NETWORK?? that's only available to REDZONE MAX subscribers?

GTFO

http://http://bleacherreport.com/art...014-nfl-season

Banned
    vCash
    Danny will get it for you for $10

NSFW

vCash
    DirecTV will have the SEC Network, the pressure for both sides to sign will ratchet up as the kickoff gets closer. Helluva lot of dollars being negotiated on this one so I don't blame direc for holding out a while bc whatever they pay for the network will eventually get passed off to us consumers anyway.

vCash
    haha I know the deal will get done. I just thought I'd use that title to slam DTV a little more and to rant about this goofball fantasy football/party cooking show that airs at the same time as RedZone. who in the hell is going to watch this bull shit while redzone is on?
    Last edited by huffy; 07-08-2014 at 06:14 AM.

vCash
    I will watch the fantasy football network...
    Give me more Kay Adams any day!

vCash

In the Memphis area

I've seen no less than 4 billboards for Dish saying switch to Dish and get the SEC Network. They either know something or they are really going to milk this over the next few weeks since everyone is convinced Direct TV will give in.

By the way, I have Direct and I posted on their Facebook page I would switch to Dish if they didn't carry SEC Network and they didn't bother responding. Not so sure it's in their plans for the next few weeks.

UPDATE: I just called Direct and they said every provider has a window to negotiate. She claimed Direct's window to negotiate just started (I don't believe that, but whatever). Anyway, she said she just hung up with someone else over the same thing. She also claimed Dish and Uverse are putting out "propaganda" that Direct will not carry the SEC network.

Anyway, I think they are feeling the pressure. If you have Direct, I would call them and find out how to cancel and tell them why.
    Last edited by gtowndawg; 07-08-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: update

Banned
    vCash
    If it posts standard ESPN points for fantasy players than you'll have lots of people switching over to check their scores if they are too lazy to look them up

vCash
    I expect Comcast to announce a deal with in the next two to three weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryGondorff View Post
    I will watch the fantasy football network...
    Give me more Kay Adams any day!

wow! well that host is definitely easy on the eyes.. but I need to see the live action as it happens. I always have my laptop logged in with the Score Tracker going while watching Redzone.. the network just seems like it's for the lame-ass fantasy football players... not so much the hardcore ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huffy View Post
    haha I know the deal will get done. I just thought I'd use that title to slam DTV a little more and to rant about this goofball fantasy football/party cooking show that airs at the same time as RedZone. who in the hell is going to watch this bull shit while redzone is on?
    RedZone is the only way to watch the NFL - gotta hope they stick to zero commercials.

gtown - Theoretically, you want Direc to hold out for the best deal, the SEC network will feel some pressure to get the deal done as well in order to keep the biggest footprint possible.

Banned
    vCash
    I'd have to see it to understand. Sounds like that's exactly the crowd they're going for. Dorks n chicks.

Banned
    vCash
    If Direct doesn't pick up SEC Network, I will seriously consider switching. No joke. I would leave them over that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    If Direct doesn't pick up SEC Network, I will seriously consider switching. No joke. I would leave them over that.
    ESPN knows that and Direct TV knows that. The only question is how much of that is going to be reflected by your bill going up and how much is going to be reflected in other channels getting dropped. They are both going to play hardball, but eventually Direct TV is going to pay something equivalent or very slightly less than what Direct TV and large cable providers like Comcast pay. The only question is who benefits from holding out until the end. I think ESPN network does, as lots of people not under contract will jump ship if Direct TV doesn't have it locked up at least 3 weeks before opening week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    ESPN knows that and Direct TV knows that. The only question is how much of that is going to be reflected by your bill going up and how much is going to be reflected in other channels getting dropped. They are both going to play hardball, but eventually Direct TV is going to pay something equivalent or very slightly less than what Direct TV and large cable providers like Comcast pay. The only question is who benefits from holding out until the end. I think ESPN network does, as lots of people not under contract will jump ship if Direct TV doesn't have it locked up at least 3 weeks before opening week.
    I'll pay more for it.

vCash
    Moved into a new home last month and went with ATT-uverse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I'll pay more for it.
    Yes, but there are a lot of people that will be paying more for it that won't care about it. I'm guessing ESPN is going to basically demand that it be included in a fairly low tier cable package. I assume it won't be in the most a basic package, but they need it to be in a fairly common package (and not a sports specific package) to pump up the value of the advertising they sell. So whatever price bump there is will also be paid by a lot of people that don't care about it.

vCash
    "Directv is trying to keep itself lean for at ATT buy. Don't be surprised if DTV doesn't get it."

Quote from a stock broker friend of mine. No inside knowledge, but it does make sense.

vCash
    Any one heard what Metrocast is doing on the SEC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yes, but there are a lot of people that will be paying more for it that won't care about it. I'm guessing ESPN is going to basically demand that it be included in a fairly low tier cable package. I assume it won't be in the most a basic package, but they need it to be in a fairly common package (and not a sports specific package) to pump up the value of the advertising they sell. So whatever price bump there is will also be paid by a lot of people that don't care about it.
    I would think from the Choice Package on up. ESPN will not allow them to put it in the Sports Package from what I have heard.

vCash
    It's going to be a first/second tier package depending on the provider...