Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: English Premier League idea

Banned
    vCash

English Premier League idea

Ok so I have a really stupid idea that could turn out to be very fun if I get enough participants. Here goes. It seems like we have a good amount of posters that would like to start following the EPL more and really have no clue which team is their favorite so I will assign you one team randomly through the draw of the hat. Each poster gets one team and your responsibility for your team is to keep up with them for this next season and give at least one post about their week. There are twenty teams in the EPL for this next season. Who wants in? I need 19 more names. These are the teams for this upcoming season.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...gue-table.html

Ok so this seems to be popular so far. We are taking names for the third draft. You will have a buddy to root with. I'll keep doing this as many times as demand warrants. 2 owners are currently waiting for 18 others to join for a full 3rd draft.

team owners
    Burnley: DudyDawg, Tbonewannabe
    Leicester City: Ref, dickiedawg
    West Brom: Statefan, WeWillScrewItUp
    West Ham: Beerfarley, Dawgowar
    Stoke City: BrunswickDawg, preachermatt83
    Arsenal: Hacker, msu4life07
    Aston Villa: MSTATEFAN91, SignalToNoise
    Chelsea: BIG4DAWG, FatDrunkandStupidDawg
    Crystal Palace: C_RICH22, Smitty
    Everton: INTRAMURAL ALL-AMERICAN, LiterallyPolice
    Hull City: War Machine Dawg, BulldogDX55
    Liverpool: CBRUNT29, ebdawg
    Man City: Brad Stevens, BULLDOGBEAR
    Man U: Pioneer Dawg, DanglyGiant
    Newcastle: WEWONITALL(most), bgdog
    QPR: Smootness, DistrictDawg92
    Southampton: DAWGHOUSE, DawgHouseUnited
    Tottenham: Dawg61, It_Could_Happen
    Sunderland: GulfCoastDawg, thedawg
    Swansea City: Cadaver, David Luiz's Afro
    Last edited by Dawg61; 07-23-2014 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    I'll do it. I'll also be doing a la Liga post along w Refs monthly EPL update

vCash
    Think this is a good tool for us to do to get people involved. Also, if you wanted to we could just let everyone have whatever team they want. That way more than one person can have a team and they can talk to each other about them. I can just be with ref and do the league wide stuff, and those looking to find a team and get into the sport can have their own teams. That way no one gets stuck with a shitty team and loses interest
    Last edited by DudyDawg; 07-02-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Think this is a good tool for us to do to get people involved. Also, if you wanted to we could just let everyone have whatever team they want. That way more than one person can have a team and they can talk to each other about them. I can just be with ref and do the league wide stuff, and those looking to find a team and get into the sport can have their own teams
    I'm going to stick to the random team per poster idea otherwise we just get the same five teams being followed and I think this way is the most fun.

DudyDawg is in, 18 spots left

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm down.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    Ref joins the party, 17 spots left

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I'm going to stick to the random team per poster idea otherwise we just get the same five teams being followed and I think this way is the most fun.

DudyDawg is in, 18 spots left
    Yeah, just an idea. I'm in and if you want I'll volunteer to take a crappy team since I'm a huge soccer fan regardless. That way I won't take a good team from someone who is on the fence.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Yeah, just an idea. I'm in and if you want I'll volunteer to take a crappy team since I'm a huge soccer fan regardless. That way I won't take a good team from someone who is on the fence.
    Deal!! I will not pass up your willingness to fall on the grenade known as Burnley. I have never heard of that team before haha. DudyDawg gets team Burnley.

vCash
    Haha I've heard of them. I'll take it. DudyBurn I shall be known

Banned
    vCash
    I'm in

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer Dawg View Post
    I'm in
    Pioneer Dawg joins the party and will be happy to know there is zero bunting in soccer, I think. 16 spots left

vCash
    I'll take Swansea since they are the MSU of the EPL
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I'm in, but I think you're going to have a hard time getting 20 to keep up with it. Might work better to have everyone with 2 or 3 different teams. That way everyone can have at least one fairly good team as well.

vCash
    Ahh screw it. I'll do it. When do we find out our teams?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm in, but I think you're going to have a hard time getting 20 to keep up with it. Might work better to have everyone with 2 or 3 different teams. That way everyone can have at least one fairly good team as well.
    Smoot has joined the party!! 15 teams left. Since we have filled 25% of the spots in a half hour I'm going to leave it as is for awhile. Ref has thrown himself on the grenade know as Leicester City. Congratulations Ref you're the proud owner of Leicester City. Love them long time.

vCash
    Smoot has joined the party!! 15 teams left. Since we have filled 25% of the spots in a half hour I'm going to leave it as is for awhile. Ref has thrown himself on the grenade know as Leicester City. Congratulations Ref you're the proud owner of Leicester City. Love them long time.
    I thought I said Swansea but meh...whatever
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Yea baby we are cooking with gas now, welcome to the party mstatefan91. 14 spots left. You'll find out your team when all spots are filled and I randomly draw them or you can volunteer to fall on a grenade right now and I'll pick your team for you. I don't recommend falling on a grenade although it is very generous for the other participants.

14 teams left

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    He's in. That's 6 so far

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    I thought I said Swansea but meh...whatever
    Oh you definitely said Swansea but that's the thing about grenades, they blow up in your face. Would you prefer to be put back in the pool and have the chance of getting Swansea or are you now a proud owner of Leicester City? Either is fine with me I'm glad you're in the party.

vCash
    Oh you definitely said Swansea but that's the thing about grenades, they blow up in your face. Would you prefer to be put back in the pool and have the chance of getting Swansea or are you now a proud owner of Leicester City? Either is fine with me I'm glad you're in the party.
    Haha...I will gladly own the foxes
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner