Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

Not sure what I'll do but my wife totaled a car today and I'm in a wedding this weekend. A cocktail may be in my future

vCash
    Damn. She OK?

Manhattan night here. Whiskey, sweet vermouth, bitters. I'm using Old Charter because its got high rye content. Anything with rye works.

vCash
    It's an obsession but it's pleasing

vCash
    "They say it cost a lot to win and even more to lose"

Tuna steak and leftover box Pinot noir
    It's an obsession but it's pleasing

vCash
    Ya she's good. We've been insane busy at work. Might need a brew tonight

vCash
    Kayak fishing in LA this weekend. Got here early and decided to fish for a bit. Bad idea. Weather got nasty in a hurry and fish weren't biting much. Sandwich and miller lite at the hotel for me.

vCash
    Tomorrow I'm doing grilled corn, field peas with snaps, butter peas, and some boneless center cut pork chops...

vCash
    Made beef carnitas. Simple and tastey.

Take a flank steak, onions, garlic, red and yellow pepper and put it in a crock pot. Turn on low for 8 hours. The beef will shred apart. Make sure and season with salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, etc. no need to add liquid as the steaks far renders off for juice.

Corn tortillas, queso fresco, cilantro, a slice of avocado and the meat. Best taco you will ever eat. Seriously the easiest meal to make as well .

vCash
    Question for the ODs: Tonight I have a rehearsal dinner for one of my best friend's wedding. He's a rebel but he's marrying an MSU girl. Dress is casual. Should I (A) wear a red or blue shirt to honor my friend (B) wear a maroon shirt to show my support for the bride (C) just go plain white (runs the risk of spilling something; think pictures)

vCash
    Youre a grown man. Wear what the eff you want. Haha

vCash
    I went to the half shell in biloxi for lunch. We had oyster rockefellers and oysters on the half shell. Then split a blackened tuna sandwich. Very good food and the staff was great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWillScrewItUp View Post
    I went to the half shell in biloxi for lunch. We had oyster rockefellers and oysters on the half shell. Then split a blackened tuna sandwich. Very good food and the staff was great.
    I went to the half shell oyster house in Gulfport last week. Had the speckled trout savannah and we had the oyster rocker fellers too. Great restaurant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWillScrewItUp View Post
    Half Shell is great. GPT is the original one, but I really like going to the Biloxi location and then walking across the street. They have one in Hattiesburg now and are supposedly opening one in the Madison/Ridgleand area.

vCash
    ha - been there myself , sometimes there's nothing better
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    These 2 are going to become fish tacos real soon...

vCash
    Nice speck. My dad fought bad weather in ms this weekend. He had tough fishing. How were the conditions in LA?

vCash
    Smoking a beer can chicken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Nice speck. My dad fought bad weather in ms this weekend. He had tough fishing. How were the conditions in LA?
    Rough. The wind was pretty relentless. Quite a few rat reds and not many keepers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    Smoking a beer can chicken
    I have had that only once (some one else cooked it) and wanted to do it myself every since ... I know it must be more than just a half can of beer under the chicken ... how do you do it ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Pretty simple. Just gut the cavity of a full bird, shove half a can in it and presto. I put olive oil and salt and pepper all over the skin.

Yesterday I stuffed it with full garlic cloves and onions and wrapped the top in bacon. You can do whatever you want.

I bought a $5 beer can chicken stand at bed, bath and beyond. Good purchase