Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire - Theories Thread - **SPOILERS** for Game of Thrones Show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post
    #1.) by nephew, what do you mean?? Aegon/Jon con?

#2.) they never introduced dalla in the show much less their child...

It will be interesting to see how the show portrays the mance/rattleshirt ordeal
    I watched through first 4 episodes and it seems Tyrion might get to Mareen different than in the book unless something changes.

vCash
    Well, does this mean Ja'qen is NOT at the Citadel as we all thought?

Or can any FM be "Ja'qen," which makes sense in that they are "no one?"

Or is the description of the guy at the Citadel just GRRM smokescreen?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Well, does this mean Ja'qen is NOT at the Citadel as we all thought?

Or can any FM be "Ja'qen," which makes sense in that they are "no one?"

Or is the description of the guy at the Citadel just GRRM smokescreen?
    Ja'Qen is just a FM "face" kept in the room in the House of Black and White... I don't think any FM will ever be directly distinguishable...unless they want to be or the plot needs them to be...

A lot of seemingly important book stuff hasn't made the first 4 episodes of season 5... The TV deviation is, for the first time in my opinion, reducing itself to being supremely dumbed down and less interesting than the books. Too bad George is likely to be behind from here on out...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Ja'Qen is just a FM "face" kept in the room in the House of Black and White... I don't think any FM will ever be directly distinguishable...unless they want to be or the plot needs them to be...

A lot of seemingly important book stuff hasn't made the first 4 episodes of season 5... The TV deviation is, for the first time in my opinion, reducing itself to being supremely dumbed down and less interesting than the books. Too bad George is likely to be behind from here on out...
    I personally think it will suck beyond all suckdom to fiinish before the books. If the show catches up I may buy dvds but not watch till all the books are read. But it will take a lot of discipline.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I personally think it will suck beyond all suckdom to fiinish before the books. If the show catches up I may buy dvds but not watch till all the books are read. But it will take a lot of discipline.
    Pretty sure it's going to pass it in many respects this season. Problem is the show is diverging into a bunch of boring storylines no one cares much about. I feel like the show has mishandled everything for the past 3 episodes. Jamie in dorne? Who cares? Fixing the Riverlands and the strategic steps of his redemption would have been way more interesting. With all of the foreshadowing in the books of the Dayne importance, it drives me nuts that the show has excluded them. The Poppy storyline? Dgaf. Arya? Necessary but not really interesting yet. The only overly interesting storylines to me are the ones with Sansa and Jon Snow/Stannis..

I guess I do find the point they are driving home about Dany's inability to control the dragons interesting. They have keyed on that twice in two episodes. Zero white walker impending doom discussion. Hopefully that becomes key soon...

The show's primary intrigue has been its ability to eliminate loved characters and replace them with equally/more interesting characters that were tremendously interpreted to the screen. The Sand Snake storyline is way more interesting when Momma is trying to keep her daughters from turning into the war-embracing big sisters. Arianne's role just can not be filled in the way they are trying and it be as interesting to me
    Last edited by engie; 04-22-2015 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    So who all has seen the first 4 episodes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Pretty sure it's going to pass it in many respects this season. Problem is the show is diverging into a bunch of boring storylines no one cares much about. I feel like the show has mishandled everything for the past 3 episodes. Jamie in dorne? Who cares? Fixing the Riverlands and the strategic steps of his redemption would have been way more interesting. With all of the foreshadowing in the books of the Dayne importance, it drives me nuts that the show has excluded them. The Poppy storyline? Dgaf. Arya? Necessary but not really interesting yet. The only overly interesting storylines to me are the ones with Sansa and Jon Snow/Stannis..

I guess I do find the point they are driving home about Dany's inability to control the dragons interesting. They have keyed on that twice in two episodes. Zero white walker impending doom discussion. Hopefully that becomes key soon...

The show's primary intrigue has been its ability to eliminate loved characters and replace them with equally/more interesting characters that were tremendously interpreted to the screen. The Sand Snake storyline is way more interesting when Momma is trying to keep her daughters from turning into the war-embracing big sisters. Arianne's role just can not be filled in the way they are trying and it be as interesting to me
    Just watched ep5-3. Well, Sansa seems to have been inserted into the whole Jayne Poole role. Does this mean the Sansa book storyline is unimportant garbage? This divergence from the book feels big. I'm really kind of uncomfortable with it. She can work in the role. What I mean is the wasting of her book storyline unless you can think of some way to merge it that I'm missing.

As to who is going to die next episode I wonder if it's going to be Brienne. Show Brienne knows too much, especially that Arya is alive. And she won't be rescuing Sansa. That is.... unless the show Theon dies and Brienne sort of takes on the role of jumping from the walls at Winterhell.

vCash
    Seems that HBO is taking a sharp turn away from the Book.

vCash
    Just watched ep5-3. Well, Sansa seems to have been inserted into the whole Jayne Poole role. Does this mean the Sansa book storyline is unimportant garbage? This divergence from the book feels big. I'm really kind of uncomfortable with it. She can work in the role. What I mean is the wasting of her book storyline unless you can think of some way to merge it that I'm missing.

As to who is going to die next episode I wonder if it's going to be Brienne. Show Brienne knows too much, especially that Arya is alive. And she won't be rescuing Sansa. That is.... unless the show Theon dies and Brienne sort of takes on the role of jumping from the walls at Winterhell.
    Who actually cares that Arya is still alive? Bran is off doing his thing and Jon is sworn to the Night's Watch. Sansa is in the middle of Littlefinger's plans. I don't know other than just following around a Stark what Brienne will end up doing. I guess she could go protect Rickon.

vCash
    People who've read the book and knows where her story is going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    People who've read the book and knows where her story is going.
    I meant in the actual story. Sansa is just worried about herself. Jon is completely dedicated to the wall. Bran has dedicated himself to the 3 eyed crow. Arya realized there wasn't anything left for her in Westeros. Brienne realized she didn't want her to follow her around. Arya is one of my favorite part of the books. Jon, Tyrion, and Arya are the best part of the books.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I meant in the actual story. Sansa is just worried about herself. Jon is completely dedicated to the wall. Bran has dedicated himself to the 3 eyed crow. Arya realized there wasn't anything left for her in Westeros. Brienne realized she didn't want her to follow her around. Arya is one of my favorite part of the books. Jon, Tyrion, and Arya are the best part of the books.
    IMO that's the point -- seeing how far they can all drift before a climactic event puts them back together. Starks are the Kings of Winter -- hence how IMO their fortunes improve in WOW. Wish we were getting it this year...

vCash
    Well. Ser Barristan then.

Does this mean he will die early in the WoW? IOW, they've moved it up? If not, I have trouble seeing the significance.

vCash
    I'm pretty upset if they actually killed off the greatest fighter in Westeros in that fashion... I get that it's trying to build up the threat of the Poppy, but still... Let Greyworm be the one that goes...

vCash
    I was really trying to think who would die but I didn't think of him. If they hold anywhere close to the books, what goes down in Dorne will be interesting to see the aftermath.

vCash
    Didn't expect that last night, especially since Barristan is a viewpoint character in the next book. With the way the scenes were playing out with Zo Loraq back and forth I think verifies that he is the harpy. He's also not at all what I envisioned when reading the book. I'm getting a bad feeling about Shireen and greyscale as well. I don't think hers wil come back but something will happen. With her bringing out emotions in Stannis the Mannis, her mom pretty much calling her an abomination, Red Woman saying she HAD to go with them to the wall, then her saying she has kings blood and we all know what that means to her. As far as grey scale someone will get it. I'm going with Jorah. Oh yeah, sand snakes are lame. Especially Obara, don't like how they changed that storyline.

Everyone says Barristan is the greatest fighter in Westeros. If Barristan is greater than Raegar, Robert killed Raegar, shouldn't Robert be considered?

vCash
    Are they completely eliminating the Griff story line? Jorah getting greyscale saving Tyrion is different. I have started rereading the books. Does the TV show let you know that Lady Stoneheart and Griff aren't important?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Are they completely eliminating the Griff story line? Jorah getting greyscale saving Tyrion is different. I have started rereading the books. Does the TV show let you know that Lady Stoneheart and Griff aren't important?
    I think both of those storylines are going to be avoided in the show. The supporting characters in those stories aren't where they should be..
    With griff..They're using a different route for tyrion
    With stone heart..Brianne and pod aren't where they are in the books

It's starting to become clear that GRRM just isn't that good of a writer..he did a good job of creating a fantasy land/setting..but his story line just has too many tangents/loose ends

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post
    I think both of those storylines are going to be avoided in the show. The supporting characters in those stories aren't where they should be..
    With griff..They're using a different route for tyrion
    With stone heart..Brianne and pod aren't where they are in the books

It's starting to become clear that GRRM just isn't that good of a writer..he did a good job of creating a fantasy land/setting..but his story line just has too many tangents/loose ends
    Well, we did get a sort of "The North Remembers" in this episode. I still think that storyline will occur but without Stoneheart's involvement. I also think (fake)Aegon will show up at some point. There probably gonna accelerate a few eastern things this season so they can bring it in with next season. Why pay an actor for more seasons than you need to? More surprised that Tristan's storyline is still in it. This makes me wonder if it is more important than I thought. Now, my mind is opening more to the thoery that he is not dead and in fact did succeed in stealing a dragon, with Drink covering for him.

vCash
    Part of your theory is correct, Trystane is in fact alive and well. Unfortunately his brother Quentyn was burned alive by the dragons. Wrong Martell.