Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire - Theories Thread - **SPOILERS** for Game of Thrones Show

vCash
    Bump for Bear. 3 weeks. We're still waiting.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash

vCash
    I haven't forgotten WMD. Just finally declared flea final victory last week, kids just started school and my mind is squarely on COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! But I will expound on a few before kickoff as promised. Thanks for the bump.

bgdog, thanks for the link. I wonder how he knew I figured it out*****
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    WMD,

BulldogBear = Mud

I just back from Atlanta and was gonna write some stuff up tonight but I'm just ready to unpack and hit the hay. Excited about tomorrow and going to leave early. I will try to get on it during the week sometime though.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    No problem. It's football!!!!!! Doubt we'll be spending much time here until mid-December/early January, ha!
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post
    I can't believe you sticking to your guns regarding the Howland/jojen theory.
    Can't anymore. There's a rumor that he's taking a head basketball coach job at some place far from Westeros.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Can't anymore. There's a rumor that he's taking a head basketball coach job at some place far from Westeros.***
    Hahaha..I heard he's hiring Ned stark as his assistant.

I did see that the writers of the show confirmed that the show is going to pass the book up but they'll both have the same ending...

Also..I saw that there is going to be a POV character death this season that hasn't happened in the books yet...

Now at first I thought it may be the character that was stabbed at the end of "A dance with dragons"

But George pretty much confirmed that he is not dead

I hope it's not barriston selmy..badass character that everyone likes..that's pretty much the recipe for Martin to kill off a character

vCash
    Hmmm.....wonder if it might not be Victarion, Davos, or Theon. I could see any of them going down as a shocker. Selmy might be a little too obvious.

And yeah, there's no way Jon is dead. My money is still on him being TPTWP as the son of Rhaegar and Lyana, marrying Dany, and them combining to wipe out The Others and their forces.

vCash
    One that hasn't died in the books yet? Hmmmm...

One thing the TV show has already spoiled is which storylines are going to be important to the endgame. For instance -- not including the White Harbor storyline at all thusfar -- sending Rickon to Last Hearth instead of Skagos, no Arianne Martell, no Aegon, no Jon Con, etc...

Seems Umber is going to take the role of Manderly in the feast at Winterfell that we are no doubt destined to see -- if he ever falsely aligns with Bolton in the first place and isn't still in open rebellion. Let's remember that in the tv series, Greatjon is looking for Howland Reed and wasn't there for the Red Wedding, so he's presumably still free and fighting for the cause.

Seems the Riverlands storyline is just going to be glossed over. Jaime is headed to Dorne and could very well be filling the role of Arys Oakheart as well.

I have a feeling that this season is going to leave us hanging with Jon the same way the books have. And by season 6, hopefully we'll have TWOW...

vCash
    I wonder if Arianne is supposed to show up this season. There may still be time for White Harbor.

If they killy Theon it will get rid of one AA theory!

vCash
    Arianne is not. Or else, it's being kept secret...

Only Doran and Trystane Martell confirmed -- along with a couple of the sand snakes. And Areo Hotah will play a role as well(which really only would serve the purpose for the Oakheart storyline being taken up by another character)...

Someone is going to die in Dorne in the Oakheart role or some variation thereof IMO... Hope it isn't Jaime, but it very well may be -- as in the books -- his situation seems dire in the riverlands...

vCash
    IF there is going to be a replication of the Oakheart/Myrcella fiasco I think it will be Brohn that will be taking Oak's place. As for the other theories, some are flat out ridiculous. Jon is Danny's nephew, he is one of the heads of the dragon. Tyron is the 3rd head. On Tywin's wedding night the mad king didn't allow a traditional bedding between him and Joanna and that's where they're affair started, eventually producing Tyrion. Tywin claims Tyrion is in fact not his son in the book and says there is no way to prove it. Tyrion has blonde hair and different colored eyes, half Lannister half Targaerean. He's fascinated with dragons and lives in books like Rhaegar. That's pretty much all ingot except that I think Sanda ends up a queen finally and all of her fantasies come true but she still isn't happy.

vCash
    This is really funny if y'all haven't seen it.

vCash
    reading this thread has taught me that I know way less about this show than I thought I did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This is really funny if y'all haven't seen it.

I was waiting for it... and waiting ...and finally my patience was rewarded at 4:36... I knew there had to be a "You know nothing Jon Snow" in there somewhere. But I like the way Ygritte says it: "You know nothin' Jon Snuh."

vCash
    I'm going with R+L = J. Jon is the combination of Stark and Targaryen...Ice and Fire. The black dragon that Dana can't control belongs to Jon. They will combine to melt the **** out of the Others.

vCash
    With the show changing how Tyrion gets to meet Danerys, is the whole nephew thing a dead end? Are they also leaving the whole baby switch at the wall out of the show?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    With the show changing how Tyrion gets to meet Danerys, is the whole nephew thing a dead end? Are they also leaving the whole baby switch at the wall out of the show?
    I think the first is not dead yet. The second really has me wondering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I'm going with R+L = J. Jon is the combination of Stark and Targaryen...Ice and Fire. The black dragon that Dana can't control belongs to Jon. They will combine to melt the **** out of the Others.
    Except Dany has already ridden Drogon... Pretty safe to say he's hers...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    #1.) by nephew, what do you mean?? Aegon/Jon con?

#2.) they never introduced dalla in the show much less their child...

It will be interesting to see how the show portrays the mance/rattleshirt ordeal