Thread: Quick Fishing trip report

vCash

Quick Fishing trip report

Wife is with me so we just fished from the bank in BSL for 2 1/2 hours this morning. Caught 5 redfish. 1 18.25 inch keeper, 1 that was 16.25 and his dang tail was chewed off (w/tail he would have been legal), and 3 rat reds. The 16.25 incher was much fatter too. 1 puppy drum. Also got 4 croakers and 1 was big. 2 small specks and 1 obligatory hard head. All caught drowning shrimp. Nothing outstanding but we have enough for fresh fish lunch today. Just goes to show you that the bay holds fish all year round.

vCash
    Here's the 18.25 red on the cutting board. He was skinny but got 2 nice filets off him. I'll post a pic of all of them cooked

vCash
    Nice red. Yes, the bay always has some fish. I fish sheepshead/drum there in winter and can catch trout in there from march through October. Even in the dead of summer when most trout have moved out, there are still always some near the mouth of the bay.

vCash
    My son and I fished the Thursday Night tournament last night. We wound up with 2 fish for 3.93 and finished 9th, one place out of the money...

37 boats, 7.25 (three fish limit) won. fish from 5:15 till 9:00 weigh in. 14" minimum length.... there were only 5 limits caught. We actually caught about 10 bass and a Grinnell (8 lbs) but only two would weigh.

You can check out the tournament results on The Fiberglass Shop's facebook page...

vCash
    Nice work Barking. Sounds like y'all had to grind it out

vCash
    always a grind on Columbus.. I think we had the fish on to win it, but you know how that goes...

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    That's awesome Beast, I'm jealous that you can catch them whenever! How you plan serving them up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    That's awesome Beast, I'm jealous that you can catch them whenever! How you plan serving them up?
    I wish I could catch them whenever. I'm just down on the coast for a few days

vCash
    you're gonna have to school me up on the inshore fishing when I move ... I would love to do it but I'm rigged for offshore.... also cool that your wife came along
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Beast, where are you from?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastDawg View Post
    Beast, where are you from?
    Madison but lived in D'head from late elementary to jr high