Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
Why? Because they rated Ole Miss higher than us? 5th is honestly a little higher than I would've thought. We have a lot to prove at Safety going into this year. For the record, I think we can be a top 5 secondary, but I'm surprised that ESPN recognizes that. OM has a good secondary too. Conner, Elston (sp?), and Pruitt are legit. I don't know that I would have them at #1 though, because I dont know what they have behind those 3.

BUT - to the bigger point, people on here are freaking out at every list. Phil Steele, Athlon, Lindy's, Sporting News, and ESPN have all been called out as being biased, uninformed, lazy, stupid, etc. Just take the lists for what they're worth; almost nothing. They are preseason lists for entertainment purposes. They won't look anything like the post season lists. Everything I've seen says we are middle of the SEC to top third. That means we're very talented and that we have a chance to surprise a team or two and finish in the top 5 of the SEC. Let it play out and quit getting pissy at everyone that's not on our jock.
You're correct. I had a knee jerk reaction and admit I was wrong. If you would read further, you'd see that.

I'm with you, I think tsun will be stout in secondary. Just like us. SOME people on the board cannot fathom that the bears can be good too. Which is why their either kids or Gene's regulars.