Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overall Secondary Rankings ESPN

vCash

Overall Secondary Rankings ESPN

Banned
    vCash
    Pathic. I'm about done with ESPN. I guess they look at the crootin' rankings and determine this stuff?!

We had a higher damn pass defense and lost nothing, while they lost possibly their best two corners. What a joke.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998Dawg View Post
    Pathic. I'm about done with ESPN. I guess they look at the crootin' rankings and determine this stuff?!

We had a higher damn pass defense and lost nothing, while they lost possibly their best two corners. What a joke.
    What is this higher pass defense you're talking about?
    http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Por...l/confonly.htm

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    I think Florida and LSU have the two best secondaries in the SEC this year. We're in that group right behind them though- our corner play is outstanding, but I can see how people from the outside would question our safeties. If Cox can be the player we think he can this year, we're right there with Florida and LSU.

As for UM, they have very good safeties but shitty corners- they should be top 5 but not number 1, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblyh View Post
    What is this higher pass defense you're talking about?
    http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Por...l/confonly.htm
    That's SEC-only numbnuts. TSUN had the 8th best pass defense in the SEC last year and loses 4 players who contributed. State had the 5th best pass defense and loses 1 player who contributed....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    That's SEC-only numbnuts. TSUN had the 8th best pass defense in the SEC last year and loses 4 players who contributed. State had the 5th best pass defense and loses 1 player who contributed....
    So you're saying games against Troy, Bowling Green and Alcorn State pushed you ahead of OM? OK. So why did MSU give up 8 more TDs passing?

vCash
    Someone please ban this douche. It's starting to feel like sixpack

Banned
    vCash
    If you think MSU has a better secondary than OM, fine. But don't throw out comments as if they are undeniable when facts say it is at the very least debatable.

vCash
    If you think MSU has a better secondary than OM, fine. But don't throw out comments as if they are undeniable when facts say it is at the very least debatable.
    First off, its not like TSUN played the hardest OOC schedule in the country. Also, TSUN played Texas and State played OSU. State gave up 146 to OSU and TSUN gave up 196 to UT. TSUN also gave up 326 to Troy (lol), State gave up 139. Those are facts.

vCash
    So what are you saying exactly? that our secondary is bar none better than OM? can you elaborate on why we still gave up 8 more TDs passing? Just trying to wrap my head around this logical argument

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate88 View Post
    So what are you saying exactly? that our secondary is bar none better than OM? can you elaborate on why we still gave up 8 more TDs passing? Just trying to wrap my head around this logical argument
    no logic here ... just a bear troll that slipped through the filter
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    I admit I'm tried and true MSU and bleed maroon but I was wrong. This covercorner guy needs to go back to Genes with this rationale. Just because you love MSU and hate tsun doesn't mean we're automatically better son. How old are you? 15?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate88 View Post
    I never said we were "bar none" better than TSUN in the secondary. This whole thread is about TSUN being ranked #1 and State being ranked #5. To that point, I just don't see how that much of a discrepancy exists, especially to the extent that TSUN IS bar none the best secondary in the SEC, when State was in the top half of the SEC last year in passing yards allowed and TSUN was in the bottom half. AND TSUN loses 4 contributors and State loses 1. Im actually uses facts, no troll "logic" involved here.

vCash
    I admit I'm tried and true MSU and bleed maroon but I was wrong. This covercorner guy needs to go back to Genes with this rationale. Just because you love MSU and hate tsun doesn't mean we're automatically better son. How old are you? 15?
    Coming from the guy who is gushing over Dak Prescott's physique "below the belt."

Banned
    vCash

vCash
    Is this the same #1 pass defense that Dak shredded in just over a quarter last year to win the Egg Bowl? Or our #5 secondary that completely shut down
    Little Bo Peep last year giving up only a FG?

Banned
    vCash
    So you're saying games against Troy, Bowling Green and Alcorn State pushed you ahead of OM? OK. So why did MSU give up 8 more TDs passing?
    Just read that kid.

After further research, the bears bring back all of their starters too. While we have some stud CBs, we can't say that.

This kind of arguement doesn't belong here. Take it Genes or some place else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    First off, its not like TSUN played the hardest OOC schedule in the country. Also, TSUN played Texas and State played OSU. State gave up 146 to OSU and TSUN gave up 196 to UT. TSUN also gave up 326 to Troy (lol), State gave up 139. Those are facts.
    Exactly

the OM Secondary is not better than ours- but they are good at Safety. Nobody disputes that.

OM should be very on D also this season- they just won't be State or Bama good.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Why? Because they rated Ole Miss higher than us? 5th is honestly a little higher than I would've thought. We have a lot to prove at Safety going into this year. For the record, I think we can be a top 5 secondary, but I'm surprised that ESPN recognizes that. OM has a good secondary too. Conner, Elston (sp?), and Pruitt are legit. I don't know that I would have them at #1 though, because I dont know what they have behind those 3.

BUT - to the bigger point, people on here are freaking out at every list. Phil Steele, Athlon, Lindy's, Sporting News, and ESPN have all been called out as being biased, uninformed, lazy, stupid, etc. Just take the lists for what they're worth; almost nothing. They are preseason lists for entertainment purposes. They won't look anything like the post season lists. Everything I've seen says we are middle of the SEC to top third. That means we're very talented and that we have a chance to surprise a team or two and finish in the top 5 of the SEC. Let it play out and quit getting pissy at everyone that's not on our jock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Exactly

the OM Secondary is not better than ours- but they are good at Safety. Nobody disputes that.

OM should be very on D also this season- they just won't be State or Bama good.
    I like that. State or Bama good. Now that were getting a little media recognition that has a chance to catch on outside of our fanbase if we play as good as were capable of.