Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dixon tweet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Dixon tweet

Rashun tweeted "can't wait to get on the field, I'm ready to grind for #MyState"

Does that make it official?

vCash
    Sounds like it does to me.. That's a big walkon. Adds depth

vCash
    Yep. Was just about to post this.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Just saw it too. Good to have Dixon coming home after his minor league mission trip.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    What is he like? Anyone seen him? I know it's been a while...but what are some comparison, or what should we expect?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    What is he like? Anyone seen him? I know it's been a while...but what are some comparison, or what should we expect?
    I dug up some old info on Scout.

Scout had him rated as a 3 star prospect in 2008, and here is his highlight video. Looks like a player that may be able to contribute and add depth to special teams and possibly safety. Maybe like a Kivan Coman type player.

http://mississippistate.scout.com/a....iaids%3D358138

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I dug up some old info on Scout.

Scout had him rated as a 3 star prospect in 2008, and here is his highlight video. Looks like a player that may be able to contribute and add depth to special teams and possibly safety. Maybe like a Kivan Coman type player.

http://mississippistate.scout.com/a....iaids%3D358138
    Personally I love the fact that he is mature and experienced as a professional in another sport. I don't know about you guys, but I've often thought about how much better I could have been at a certain sport or position if I knew what I did as an adult....and Rashun is one of the few that will actually get a chance to do this. I wouldn't be surprised if he contributed in a big way down the road. Will he have 4 years of eligibility?

vCash
    he should have 4 years just like everyone else. And I bet his baseball contract is paying for his college.. So he could potentially be a walk-on for 4 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Personally I love the fact that he is mature and experienced as a professional in another sport. I don't know about you guys, but I've often thought about how much better I could have been at a certain sport or position if I knew what I did as an adult....and Rashun is one of the few that will actually get a chance to do this. I wouldn't be surprised if he contributed in a big way down the road. Will he have 4 years of eligibility?
    Very good point, and, since he has never been enrolled in college, I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't have 5 years to play 4 like every other freshman.

vCash
    Very good point, and, since he has never been enrolled in college, I see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't have 5 years to play 4 like every other freshman.
    If Mullen and Co. can turn Banks and McKinney into a NFL draft pick in 4 years....no reason they can't mold all of the talent and maturity this kid has into one in that amount of time. I wish he'd redshirt to get back in a football state of mind, and then be ready to compete for a starting spot in 2015.

vCash
    He has 5 to play 4, but baseball generally only agrees to pay for 4...

I'd be surprised if he redshirted personally...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh94 View Post
    he should have 4 years just like everyone else. And I bet his baseball contract is paying for his college.. So he could potentially be a walk-on for 4 years
    Since he was recruited out of hs, doesn't he count toward 85?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Nope. He's a walk-on like any other walk-on, except baseball is paying his ride. Pretty standard for wash out minor league players. Damn excited to have Rashun on the team. Time for some fun, fun, fun.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I would have to believe there is a statute of limitations on that rule. Furthermore, I think that rule only applies if you are on academic or some other scholarship, other than a football scholarship, at the school. Dixon is not on scholarship. Dixon has a non-MSU associated benefactor paying for his college education in the same way a company pays for employees to get their Master's degree, or a grandparent leaves college education money in their will for their grand children. Dixon's benefactor juts happens to be the Oakland the A's instead of Bank of America, Ikea, or his grandfather.

vCash
    Gonna be a great locker room guy

vCash
    I suspect that he is back early to get in on the off-season conditioning to get back into football shape. It may be later in the season before he really gets his stride but hopefully by the LSU game this guy will be ready for action. His bloodline alone says that he could be an important part of State's success on the field this year.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I suspect that he is back early to get in on the off-season conditioning to get back into football shape. It may be later in the season before he really gets his stride but hopefully by the LSU game this guy will be ready for action. His bloodline alone says that he could be an important part of State's success on the field this year.
    I doubt being in shape is going to be a big issue for him. I suspect that by the time he regains his feel for the game (footwork, angles, etc), he'll be in plenty of good shape. I'm guessing he's in good enough shape from baseball that even if it's not football shape, he'll be able to handle the spot duty that he starts with. Will probably suck for him in practice though.

vCash
    I think he could be a big factor at FS. Our first and second string guys there(Cox and Evans) are elite athletically, but thusfar prone to the same mental mistakes we saw from Nickoe over the years. If there's one position on defense that is unsettled currently, that is it...

vCash
    Just out of curiosity, with him being a walk on, is he still held to the same set of asinine rules as every other player as far as NCAA rules go or can he do whatever he likes since he's paying his own way?

vCash
    I heard the other brother is also done with minor league baseball and coming back to MSU to play football.