Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game of Thrones Season Finale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I just can't buy Rhaegar still being alive. He was killed IN BATTLE. Too many people would have seen him die for it to be anyone else. If Rhaegar was alive, it would have leaked from someone. But I can certainly go along with the idea that there might have been at least one more survivor at the TOJ.

Btw, rumors are flying that GRRM is going to have to split his book aGAIN. Apparently one of the editors sent a tweet implying that WOW will be split. I hate that fat bastard. Kill some more POV people, start narrowing down the story, and get the damn series finished already. Hell, the TV show is starting to rapidly catch up with the books. If GRRM doesn't get WOW released in the next year, the TV show will be approaching a point of bypassing the books in some places.

ETA: Why don't we title TV threads GoT and book threads ASOIAF so we can easily differentiate and TV only people can avoid spoilers? Just a thought I had.
    i actually find that somewhat comforting. it implies they have a date set for the release, and that he can't make it but can if the book is split, so that date has to be SOON. like spring/summer 2015. falls in line with my theory that WoW was set for Fall 2014, but they realized GRRM wouldn't make it so they pushed back the LoIaF to then. If you know much about major book releases, it's like movies, they set the release date WAY ahead of time after considering competing releases, peak purchase periods, etc. If he splits the book, he can focus now on finishing the storylines that the show is threatening on ruining, and put the others in the next book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    i actually find that somewhat comforting. it implies they have a date set for the release, and that he can't make it but can if the book is split, so that date has to be SOON. like spring/summer 2015. falls in line with my theory that WoW was set for Fall 2014, but they realized GRRM wouldn't make it so they pushed back the LoIaF to then. If you know much about major book releases, it's like movies, they set the release date WAY ahead of time after considering competing releases, peak purchase periods, etc. If he splits the book, he can focus now on finishing the storylines that the show is threatening on ruining, and put the others in the next book.
    I'm really hoping it is not split again UNLESS that means we get a book quicker. Question I have is... if it's split, has he resigned himself to making it 8 total?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    God I hope not. It is already getting boring. Cut the characters and speed it up!

vCash
    Stoneheart ain't happening btw it looks like. Don't read if you don't want spoilers!

http://theweek.com/article/index/263...ady-stoneheart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Stoneheart ain't happening btw it looks like. Don't read if you don't want spoilers!

http://theweek.com/article/index/263...ady-stoneheart
    That's depressing as hell. I was ready for the internet to melt down when Lady Stoneheart appeared. Also, gotta agree with the article that this likely indicates her arc in the books isn't going to have a huge impact on the outcome of the story. I'd suspected as much, but it would seem GoT's decision confirms it. It'll also be interesting to see how much this changes the stories for Brienne, Pod, and Jamie.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    That's depressing as hell. I was ready for the internet to melt down when Lady Stoneheart appeared. Also, gotta agree with the article that this likely indicates her arc in the books isn't going to have a huge impact on the outcome of the story. I'd suspected as much, but it would seem GoT's decision confirms it. It'll also be interesting to see how much this changes the stories for Brienne, Pod, and Jamie.
    Yeah that article just depressed me about the show and books altogether.

vCash
    Quoting someone on that article: "It just makes no sense to claim 'Not enough time' when the show is clearly wasting time with new material invented just for the show."

This disappoints me because it somewhat waters down the "great northern conspiracy." Maybe they don't want too many characters coming back to life. I'll tell you what it does almost confirm to me.... I've half-thought that GRRM just fires the arrows out there (myriads of story lines) with no real freakin' idea where he's going with 'em. Ticks me off really... It's like he says to himself, "oooh, that sounds cool, let's stir things up with this offshoot. I'll find some way to tie it in later...and if not, oh well, I'll have a dragon burn them crispy (cough), I mean, have someone put a sword through their head. Hahah! Fooled you. That was only a minor character who now sports the ax-in-the-face look trending in Westeros right now! Bwahahahah! Suckers."

Really starting get impatient for the next book so hopefully I can confirm or debunk 1/3 of my theories and move on.

On Stoneheart's Frey hunt: I guess they're just gonna a keep Beric around now and they can still go with the retribution role for the BWoB. Frey Pie anyone???
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!