Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

Happy Father's Day weekend to you dad's. I don't have anything planned right now. Sure I eat something this weekend though 😎

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    20 oz. cowboy ribeye. Roasted corn. Fogdog Pinot noir by Joseph Phelps. That's it for tonite. I haven't had a steak in 3 weeks I may consume all the fat and the bone.

vCash
    Deer sausage, deer wrapped in bacon w/cream cheese & jalape?os and elk backstrap.

Sweetwater 420 & I forgot about veggies or sides...oh well

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Shit I don't know how to do pics. I'm having Phelps cab with the side of beef

vCash
    as far as eating, we did some local bbq, and had blue bell for dessert.. I have no clue for the rest of the weekend.

I found a sweet All Star rod on sale at Academy in Tusk town. 7' medium, moderate action like I've been looking for.. they are on sale for 49 bucks.. should have bought a couple for my fathers day gift..

vCash
    Miller lite white can. Nice find in that asc rod Barking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Miller lite white can. Nice find in that asc rod Barking
    We'll see how she drives after this muddy mess subsides...

Team All Star, supposed to be technique specific, as it's labeled for a swim jig. I've been looking for a 7' medium moderate for a while to match up to my original (vintage) carrot stick. I'll be using it for what else? cranks... lol anybody that knows me, knows I throw one about 75% of the time.
    Last edited by Barking 13; 06-13-2014 at 10:04 PM.

vCash
    My dad loves the asc 7 foot spinner bait for redfish/trout

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    2 homemade green egg pizzas...I think I've mastered it..

1 white Alfredo bacon sauce with grilled chicken, raw red onion, saut?ed garlic, peppadew peppers, bacon, lots of cheese

1 marinara sauce, pepperoni, balsamic saut?ed red onion, balsamic saut?ed Bella mushrooms, saut?ed garlic, bacon, lots o cheese

New Belgium Trippel a perfect pairing.

vCash
    I'm on my 2nd vodka w/lime and I think we're ordering pizza. Low key is what I needed tonight

vCash
    A bbq sandwich, ribs, and baked beans for supper.. Southern Pecan for desert.

vCash
    Mil cooked chicken dumplings and salad

vCash
    started with margarita's and finished with some Morangie 18. Had a little shrimp linguine in the middle.

About to do it over again.

vCash
    Going for redfish on the grill tonight prior to the CWS game. Just can't decide how to prepare yet. Beastman, any ideas for a quick, simple preparation prior to going in foil over the charcoal? I'm not too much of a fish chef when it comes to the grill. I like to catch, not cook. Have not broken the seal yet, but bought meself a bottle of Four Roses Single Batch yesterday for Father's Day. Looking forward to a taste test later.

vCash
    Is it already fileted or half shell 82?

vCash
    Is it already fileted or half shell 82?
    Fileted

vCash
    If you're wrapping in foil, just throw some of your favorite ingredients in there. Salt, pepper, butter, and lemon is the holy foursome. Worceshire, chopped onions, garlic, paprika, etc... are also staples. If you have any already mixed spices like McCormick grill seasoning, you can just do it with butter and lemon. If your grill is 350ish degrees, check after 10 mins and if it flakes, you're good. Lemme know if this is helping at all

vCash
    If you're wrapping in foil, just throw some of your favorite ingredients in there. Salt, pepper, butter, and lemon is the holy foursome. Worceshire, chopped onions, garlic, paprika, etc... are also staples. If you have any already mixed spices like McCormick grill seasoning, you can just do it with butter and lemon. If your grill is 350ish degrees, check after 10 mins and if it flakes, you're good. Lemme know if this is helping at all
    Muchas gracias. About to start now. Just what I needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Muchas gracias. About to start now. Just what I needed.
    No problem. Hope it turns out good. Post pics so we can be envious

vCash
    I made some beef stroganoff and it was off the chain.. probably one of my favorite dishes of all time.. my wife won't let me make it but every so often. She says I would make it at least once a week if I could.... used top sirloin for the beef this time instead of bottom round, and fresh mushrooms instead of the canned ones I usually use.