Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE SOCCER VERDICT IS IN

Denver Airport Director
    vCash

THE SOCCER VERDICT IS IN

We have reached a resolution. There will be no appeal and any arguing on one side or the other is futile and will be disregarded. The EPL soccer thread in question can stay on the main page. I think with the way the World Cup thread went as far as most all of the soccer posts staying in one thread it seemed to work and not clutter the board. I expect the EPL thread to stay the same way. Those of you who are absolutely against soccer and soccer threads should just ignore them. It is by far the simplest way to handle it and will be the expectation. Soccer folks talking soccer stay in soccer thread...soccer hating folks hating soccer ignore soccer thread.

I hate soccer just as much as anyone but I also hate the NBA and Nascar...that being said I ignore them and move on down the road to something that does pique my interest. I hope everybody else takes sort of the same attitude on the board. Not everybody can be happy and some may leave but our job is for the betterment of the entire board. Hopefully this clears things up and this can be laid to rest.

And I would suggest refraining from any celebratory dog piles if anyone on either side chooses to do so....
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 07-14-2014 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    everybody wins ... well maybe not 1 guy but you get the idea
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Glad we came to this conclusion, and as someone who will be very active in the soccer thread, it will definitely be kept to one thread to keep this as MSU- focused as we can. Thanks for allowing us the chance to do our thing.

vCash
    I applaud the decision as well. Didn't have a dog in the fight but thought it was silly for someone to complain when all they have to do is not click a link. I don't like the banner advertisement at the top of the board, so I just don't click on it on purpose. Pretty simple and I wodnt expect the board mods to remove it. Proper decision was made on this one.
    my cowbell is louder than yours

Banned
    vCash
    Thanks I seen it dawg

vCash
    It's crazy this even has to be stated. It's common sense to me

Banned
    vCash
    nice call

vCash
    I liked the idea of a separate pro sports sub-forum; seemed like a good way to take care of this issue plus the Grizz/Barves/Cardinals threads some people were complaining about. But this is just as well, since I doubt most people give a shit what's on the main board as long as it's not hard for them to find the topics they're looking for.

vCash
    Considering every other sports thread is on this board and not the BS board, I never understood why there was even a debate about it..thanks for making the right decision though.

vCash
    It's over move on.
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 07-14-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I don't understand why the pro-soccer crowd acts the way they do toward the anti-soccer crowd.

I made my case in public and in private with several posters. I defended it and I stand by it. I feel like my argument was heard and examined and I feel like the powers that be felt it had merit. But I also respect the decision of the board admins to allow this. You will not hear a peep from me in that thread.

Its over from my side.

vCash

I clicked on this faster than I ran to the TV for the OJ verdict

Go Everton!

vCash
    It's over move on.
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 07-14-2014 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    +1

Curmudgeon's hissy was ridiculous. Don't understand why the non-soccer crowd feels the need to antagonize the pro-soccer crowd. I don't particularly care for hoops or tennis, but I don't go around antagonizing those who do enjoy them. Seems to only happen with soccer. It shouldn't be that hard to look at the title of a thread, think "that interests me" or "that doesn't interest me," then click or not click.

Of course, I also suspect much of Curmudgeon's ridiculousness was to get attention, and he got that. But at the end of the day, common sense prevailed, as it should have.
    how does the old cliche go ... something about any publicity even bad = good publicity
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    how does the old cliche go ... something about any publicity even bad = good publicity
    I think it is something along the lines of, 'The only bad publicity is no publicity.'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I liked the idea of a separate pro sports sub-forum; seemed like a good way to take care of this issue plus the Grizz/Barves/Cardinals threads some people were complaining about. But this is just as well, since I doubt most people give a shit what's on the main board as long as it's not hard for them to find the topics they're looking for.
    All I'd ask is that they be labeled as such. Whenever msstate7 or someone like him posts something about a player with nothing in the title indicating it is a Braves thing, I click it and get disappointed that it isn't something like recruiting news on a prospect I've never heard of.

vCash

vCash
    It's really ****ing pathetic this has to be said. It's one thing to say you don't like a sport, it's another to call fans of a sport all a bunch of commie hitler-loving pussies that won't care about a sport in another week. I don't post in nascar or really nba threads because I don't like them, but I also don't go in there telling everyone what kinda person they are for liking said sport.

The Internet - where grown ass men turn into 10 year olds.

vCash
    Also this is a message board. I know the common thread amongst all of us is msu, but we all have our own other interests too, whether is golf, soccer, real estate, cooking, music, whatever. I prefer everything to be on one board, if the thread title sounds interesting I'll click it, if not, I'll scroll right by it and it took a millisecond of my life to scroll by it. But part of what's interesting in a MB, regardless of the common thread that brought everyone together, is the random shit you stumble into sometimes. To limit the main board to msu specific only threads really takes away from the board IMO. So you click on a thread that's not what you though...congrats, the back button is probably in the top left corner of your browser. If that's the only 2 seconds of your life you wasted today, you are still better off than literally pretty much every single person on earth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    It's really ****ing pathetic this has to be said. It's one thing to say you don't like a sport, it's another to call fans of a sport all a bunch of commie hitler-loving pussies that won't care about a sport in another week. I don't post in nascar or really nba threads because I don't like them, but I also don't go in there telling everyone what kinda person they are for liking said sport.

The Internet - where grown ass men turn into 10 year olds.
    It's over move on.
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 07-14-2014 at 02:21 PM.