Thread: Weekend fishing report (Sunday only)

vCash

Weekend fishing report (Sunday only)

We decides to do a Sunday morning trip after checking out the weather on Friday night. Forecast called for less than 1 ft seas.

Got down about 7 on Saturday night. Front beach was nice as usual and I waded out at sunset to see what was going on. Got 2 bumps before the sun went down but no takers

Woke up early Sunday morning and got to the Marina before light. Locked and loaded

We ended up finding some tough fishing. First stop was Isle au Pitre, next was door point lagoon, then Brush Island, and live oak was as far south as we went. Water at Pitre was pretty dirty but got much better as we went. We worked oyster reefs, points, and cuts and it was slow everywhere. We worked some birds but the trout were moving so fast you'd only get a few minutes on them when you found them. The next issue was size. We'd find them for a second and catch 8 real quick and 1 was legal. The other interesting thing was artificial out fished live bait. I went artificial exclusively and my dad used live shrimp. When we got under birds, they'd blow up my electric chicken swim bait cast after cast. Also got a few on Vudu. Gaftops destroyed Vudu and live shrimp at every stop. Probably caught 25 gaftops. Redfish were also elusive. We worked banks and cuts and only got 1 bull and 1 slot. Had 1 get off. Had a great time on the water though. Glad to put more fish in the freezer.

vCash
    That's a good pile of fish. Should keep you busy in the food/drink threads for a while. Any fish in the conditions we've had is a positive. Unfortunately, with even more rain now, I don't know when it will clear up.

vCash
    Thanks speck. It has been some interesting conditions so far this year. We've had to work hard for fish but for an out of town guy, I think we've done pretty good. Forgot to mention, I did have 1 first ever, I caught a legal trout and a bird at once. 12.5 trout on the electric chicken and bird tangled in the braid and both made it to the boat. The bird was released safely.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BeastMan;195685]Thanks speck. It has been some interesting conditions so far this year. We've had to work hard for fish but for an out of town guy, I think we've done pretty good.

I know about the "out of town" approach ... working on that one now, I interview with a company out of Ocean Springs tomorrow and hopefully make the move from Atlanta to Longbeach ... might even have to get a kayak ...... nice catch btw
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.