Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hitting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    How bad does Rea skew those numbers?
    +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer Dawg View Post
    As Hump and Garner wasted away this year and Nick Flair TORE IT UP elsewhere
    Why is garner continuously brought up? He had chances. He couldn't recognizes pitches and struggled. He shouldn't have played during the league and it showed. Damn he is like a backup qb, always better than the starter. Mind boggling.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Why is garner continuously brought up? He had chances. He couldn't recognizes pitches and struggled. He shouldn't have played during the league and it showed. Damn he is like a backup qb, always better than the starter. Mind boggling.
    I assume he could do better than .110 the last month

vCash
    That's a hell of an assumption considering when he faced sec pitchers he was taking a left turn back to the dugout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well, if you understood baseball and hitting it would probably help you understand that better. Cohen adjusting to the changes in the game offensively are a big reason why we had our run last year.

Ole Miss was not a good hitting team last year. They're good now because they have a ton of experience. They have basically the same team as they had last year.

ULL has the type of team that I would like to have- they can hit home runs and they can play small ball and use speed. They also bunt- so I find it pretty funny that you are using them as an example. Good to see you finally come around though.

We can not ask a guy like Seth Heck, Pirtle, CT to be home run hitters in a big ballpark and expect to have good results. That's what happened to Alex Detz- he stopped hitting line drives and using the whole field, and while his home runs went up a little bit, he wasn't nearly as productive overall.
    Pretty insulting to start by saying "if you understood baseball . . ." Haven't read the rest of the thread but wouldn't be surprised if it started a fight.

vCash
    Yea, I can see the argument for Hump needing more ab's...but Garner did nothing except swinging really hard on his strikeouts. Garner CAN be good, but he didn't deserve anyone's spot this year. Hump on the other hand, should have DHed more

vCash
    In sec games he had a k percentage of .750. Now that's what I'm looking for in a guy who "should be" playing or got screwed. 9 k's in 12 ab's. Nice. But on the bright side his Babip was .333

Banned
    vCash
    In sec games he had a k percentage of .750. Now that's what I'm looking for in a guy who "should be" playing or got screwed. 9 k's in 12 ab's. Nice. But on the bright side his Babip was .333
    Not arguing that. But he mashed like a demon all offseason and was never given any chance to get in a groove. He has a 3 game strech where he goes 7-12 with 2 doubles and only 2 K's then its back to getting a PH appearance here or there.

vCash
    It's ok, his strategy is to talk up guys and then bash Cohen when they actually play and aren't as good as he made up in his mind. His strategy is also to bash freshmen who don't tear it up, but then downplay the coaching/development when a guy who struggled as a freshman ends up being a good player.

So if a guy doesn't start his career on fire, our recruiting isn't good because that guys isn't as good as everyone said he was. But then if that guy finishes his career as a 1st round pick, well then it isn't coaching because guys always get better from experience and he was a stud recruit anyway.

vCash
    I would have liked to have seen Hump with more AB's. I figure for us to be better next year, he needs to be a big part of it and I would have liked to seen him get more experience this year.

Rea, I would probably just as well see him go. He was a very solid first basemen, but just seemed like a buzz kill for most of the year. He did have a few moments but not many. I was expecting big things from him this year, and for every swing he made at a ball in the dirt just made it worse for me.