I enjoyed the one I prepared in the weekend cooking and drinking thread so much i decided to do the same method again but change up the ingredients a bit. Starting off I sauteed some finely chopped jalapeno in olive oil and also added in a few table spoons of liquid hickory smoke. First step in making smoke jalapeno butter.

Next I slowly melted some butter over low heat so it wouldn't break. Added the sauteed jalepenos with the smoke flavor and put in the cooler to harden back up.

Next I got my redfish and foil and seasoned both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Added a little granulated garlic, paprika, sliced yellow onion, and a squeeze of lemon. Cut the now hardened smoked jalapeno butter into a few pieces and placed on top of the filet.

Put the wrapped fish on the grill for a few minutes and got the finished product.

It was pretty good but needs a little more tweeking. It had a very smokey smell and you could catch hints of that flavor but it wasn't overpowering. The japs were perfect. Cooking them for a minute released some of the heat but left the flavor of the pepper. It had a nice smooth warmth in you mouth but not hot. The biggest thing I want to change is going heavier on the lemon. If I could have gone heavier, the first tasted to hit your mouth would have been a sweet citrus which would have made it perfect. I'll do that next time. I might even try to do it with pineapple. Also, if I wasn't just throwing this together, I'd love to puree the japs. Still a solid serving of redfish and lets me know what I need to do to make it really good.