vCash

Looks like the JSU coach apologized

Good for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Good for him.
    Happen to have a link to that?

vCash
    What happened? Something happen at our game last night or something today?

vCash
    Well I say either a public apology or no more jsu in football. We can give our 500k to Alcorn or valley. That makes their year every 2/3 years. Even w that I'm almost to the point of who cares. Let them sleep in the bed this dude made.

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKq...be&app=desktop

Says that ESPN edited and twisted the interview. I don't know that I believe that, but I'm happy he at least acknowledged it.

vCash
    Did his post game last night get edited and twisted? Full of shit.

Banned
    vCash
    Look. You guys need to open your eyes and maybe you'll see.

Nobody likes to be treated like a charity case. His team was in a regional, and that's how the media treats me? Yeah, I'm probably coming back with a smart ass response too. That shit puts you on the defensive. And I have no doubt ESPN twisted up the interview to make it sound worse than it really was. Reality TV makes a business of it. Could he have handled it better? Sure. But I, like him, have zero patience with the media. They don't know shit about shit, and live to try and make drama stories about men who are actually DOING and accomplishing shit. You pro-media guys kill me. I will always side with the interviewee until proven otherwise.

vCash
    The problem with your argument Goat is that he was given a 2nd opportunity in the post game as well. Dude came off like a prick twice and then backed off today.

vCash
    17 him for a lifetime. His words mean nothing to me. 17 him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Did his post game last night get edited and twisted? Full of shit.
    That's why I'm not buying the edited and twisted part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's why I'm not buying the edited and twisted part.
    Me either. He's full of it.

vCash
    Damage Control.

So, I suppose ESPN edited/deleted the tweets by JSU players thanking MState for the equipment***
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    Wasn't it a live interview?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer Dawg View Post
    tHAT'S WHAT i THOUGHT

grrr....capslock
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer Dawg View Post
    ^^This^^. It was the regular in game interview they have with each coach. No editing at all.

vCash
    The JSU players who tweeted a thank you tweet got deleted too right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    Nobody likes to be treated like a charity case. His team was in a regional, and that's how the media treats me? Yeah, I'm probably coming back with a smart ass response too. That shit puts you on the defensive.
    That's true and understandable, but the reality is, when you are a charity case, you need to swallow your pride and act grateful. If you don't like being a charity case, the answer is to not be a charity case. It sucks for him and JSU that there's no way for him to do that other than by leaving JSU. Even if he built a dominate program that people in the JSU alumni base and jackson community were willing to support, Title IX would prevent them from being self sufficient.

That said, I have no problem as a State fan with what he said. He just made his university look bad. Comegy's (sp?) comment, however, was more of an attack on State, acting like we weren't giving them a fair share of the proceeds (despite the fact that it was their biggest payout ever). Their should have been a threat behind the scene telling them that if anything came out of JSU's camp ever again that was anything other than how great MSU was to give JSU a SEC game and payout and how grateful they were that MSU was helping JSU out, that they would be left out of the rotation in the future.

vCash
    Nobody ever really apologizes anymore. They just come out with some statement that kind of sounds like an apology without apologizing, but really just blame someone else for "twisting" or "skewing" what they said, even though that's what they said.

vCash
    I would cut them out of the rotation. there are plenty of universities who will appreciate the pay day/equipment/donations more than them.

Trade them in for Jacksonville State. They remind me a lot of State anyway... whipping OM's ass on the footba field all the time and stuff. They'd probably like wearing our colors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I would cut them out of the rotation. there are plenty of universities who will appreciate the pay day/equipment/donations more than them.

Trade them in for Jacksonville State. They remind me a lot of State anyway... whipping OM's ass on the footba field all the time and stuff. They'd probably like wearing our colors.
    Completely agree. And it's not like this is JSU's first infraction. They bitched about their payday the first time we played them. I say F them, and let 'em go find a money game & equipment from someone else. Screw this "we're in the same state and should help each other BS." Sounds like a bunch of BearSharks when they lose to us.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22