Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Game 3 Thread sponsored by the Will James Bunting Academy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Just another tease before the choke for this team. All season it's been loading bases before choking. This weekend it was getting in position to win west and choking. This team doesn't have killer instinct and I feel our season is gonna end quickly now. If you blame one player, it has to be rea. What a joke of a season he's had
    Yea well that's just it you don't blame one player!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgSaint View Post
    Yea well that's just it you don't blame one player!
    I know it isn't just his fault, but we were counting on him big time this year and he's been terrible. Many of us thought he would be an all American candidate and now he's platooning at 1st. Rea has been the biggest factor in our offensive disaster

vCash
    I know it isn't just his fault, but we were counting on him big time this year and he's been terrible. Many of us thought he would be an all American candidate and now he's platooning at 1st. Rea has been the biggest factor in our offensive disaster
    I'm a Rea fan and have said that many times, but the fact is, he cannot get the bat around on a good inside fastball. I don't think it takes a very smart baseball mind to figure that out. To think that's going to change is setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment. On a side note....based on what I just said I very seriously doubt he will be drafted that high. So, does he come back is the question. My answer is why in the world would he want to?? He has been battered all year on every message board and by every fool with a Twitter account. I've said it all freakin year! There is not one person in our lineup any opposing pitcher should fear....Period!

vCash
    Anyone know how many we left on base?
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Anyone know how many we left on base?
    11 I think
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgSaint View Post
    I'm a Rea fan and have said that many times, but the fact is, he cannot get the bat around on a good inside fastball. I don't think it takes a very smart baseball mind to figure that out. To think that's going to change is setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment. On a side note....based on what I just said I very seriously doubt he will be drafted that high. So, does he come back is the question. My answer is why in the world would he want to?? He has been battered all year on every message board and by every fool with a Twitter account. I've said it all freakin year! There is not one person in our lineup any opposing pitcher should fear....Period!
    If rea comes back, good. If he leaves, good. Ive come to realize he got hot last year at the right time and he's been very average the rest of his career. Hopefully he gets hot again this post season

vCash
    If I'm Cohen I tell him it's in his best interest to leave and try football for a year. Or if he wants to try to and play minor league baseball. His biggest problem is any pitcher that has a fast ball above 87 can jam him inside. Scouts have commented numerous times he has the slowest swing in the sec. By all accounts he is a great guy and was a huge reason why we went to the ship last year. But as a program I see us better off Humphrey's playing first next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    If I'm Cohen I tell him it's in his best interest to leave and try football for a year. Or if he wants to try to and play minor league baseball. His biggest problem is any pitcher that has a fast ball above 87 can jam him inside. Scouts have commented numerous times he has the slowest swing in the sec. By all accounts he is a great guy and was a huge reason why we went to the ship last year. But as a program I see us better off Humphrey's playing first next year.
    I tell him come back for his senior year and work to fix his stance. If he doesn't crowd the plate like he does, he would fix a lot of his ills. He needs one more good year so he can be drafted high next year. Since he is so big and has a heck if a reach, he would be wise to move back a couple of steps from the plate. Then they couldn't jam him with a fastball.

vCash
    It's this whole team not just Rea. You can't blame Rea for the losses against LSU and losing the series against A&M and we were in position to sweep Tennessee as well for that matter. This is the season of what could of been and it's not all on Rea. Imagine if we don't start Brown today or if we don't start him against A&M. You could claim Brown is also a reason for our ills. It's a team effort on why we are where we are.

vCash
    Rea has had a disappointing season no question about it. He didn't get the job done today. However, I think some people are being too hard on him. We don't beat Tennessee last week if he doesn't hit that home run. He was the MVP of the Governor's Cup and he had a clutch two out double against Ole Miss on SBW that tied the game.

If I'm Cohen, I would want him back next year. A fifth year senior who has been through a lot of both good and bad times. He's a power threat- and next year if he comes back, he actually gets to hit with the new baseball with the lowered seams which will help him out too. I don't think he could be anything but an asset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    It's this whole team not just Rea. You can't blame Rea for the losses against LSU and losing the series against A&M and we were in position to sweep Tennessee as well for that matter. This is the season of what could of been and it's not all on Rea. Imagine if we don't start Brown today or if we don't start him against A&M. You could claim Brown is also a reason for our ills. It's a team effort on why we are where we are.
    Exactly. Woodruff has been a disappointment. Detz has been just as much of a disappointment as Rea if not even moreso. Brown getting hurt is a disappointment. Our catchers have been awful as a unit and have cost us a couple of games being very generous and conservative- Memphis and Jacksonville State immediately come to mind.

There is plenty of blame to pass around.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    And yet we finish 18-12 in league play and gonna be a sonofabitch 2 seed for somebody in a regional. For all the disappointment we are still a damn tough out and hard to beat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    And yet we finish 18-12 in league play and gonna be a sonofabitch 2 seed for somebody in a regional. For all the disappointment we are still a damn tough out and hard to beat.
    While I agree we're gonna be a tough out, we're 12-12 against the sec tourney field. 6-0 vs auburn and mizzou inflated our sec record. Of course, this can probably be said for most the sec tourney field

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Yeah the 2/3 against Vandy and Bama inflated it as well. I get that we could be better but as Todd said it was a HUGE learning yr on many levels. A wake up call so to speak on many things. We handled our business in league except for the rough patch vs OM, LSU, and AM. We have snapped out of it. We don't have the ammo to win the whole thing I don't think but we will gain some good experience. Don't apologize for Aub and Mizzou...nobody else will.

vCash
    While I agree we're gonna be a tough out, we're 12-12 against the sec tourney field. 6-0 vs auburn and mizzou inflated our sec record. Of course, this can probably be said for most the sec tourney field
    Exactly, its a double edged sword. Yes, our pitching has stepped up, and we only gave up 6 total runs this weekend against Bama (2 of those coming after the first game was over) and yet we still had to struggle to win 2 of 3 because our offense SUCKS. No team should fear us much when a decent pitching effort is almost assured to keep us at 3 runs or below. Yes, we have a pretty good team as a whole but our margin for error is razor thin because we have so much trouble scoring runs. To me the only way we win a regional is to go through the winner's bracket, if we lose one of the first 2 games we don't have enough depth in our pitching staff to come back with an offense as bad as ours. I'm thinking we may actually have a better chance of winning a SR than a regional if we somehow survive a regional because of only having to play 3 games. Cohen HAS to do something to fix our offense for next year. We were fortunate to win a LOT of low scoring close games this year including 6-0 in extra innings. If we split those 6 games none of us we be even slightly happy right now. I thought Cohen had a reputation as a great hitting coach but he sure isn't showing it right now.