Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So will Stans head to USM...

vCash

So will Stans head to USM...

You would think that would be a good fit for him and the Buzzards...
    If he can't get that job he will never coach again..

Banned
    vCash
    Honestly we don't want Stansbury at USM. He will own Jackson, the coast and New Orleans recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Honestly we don't want Stansbury at USM. He will own Jackson, the coast and New Orleans recruiting.
    agreed.

vCash
    Best chance Stands has at getting another decent job.

I disagree on recruiting. The Nasty Bunch doesn't have the system in place to recruit like he did at State. Plus, he is not going to get any big time recruits to go to Southern Miss even if they do pony up. We're talking about a guy that went to 2 NCAA Tourneys in his last 7 seasons at State- and that was with his network in full damn force.

And when you get a sub-par floor coach with average talent- you will see him languish at Southern and collect a check for 5 years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    You would think that would be a good fit for him and the Buzzards...
    If he can't get that job he will never coach again..
    I don't know it Stans will end up at USM or not. It might not be the right situation for him and they may not be interested. But it is the right level of a program for Stansbury to get back into coaching.

vCash
    It speaks volumes - Tennessee had a chance to hire a guy that recruits their state well, is from Kentucky, has SEC coaching experience, and he wasn't in their top 5.

vCash
    It would be interesting to watch for sure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Best chance Stands has at getting another decent job.

I disagree on recruiting. The Nasty Bunch doesn't have the system in place to recruit like he did at State. Plus, he is not going to get any big time recruits to go to Southern Miss even if they do pony up. We're talking about a guy that went to 2 NCAA Tourneys in his last 7 seasons at State- and that was with his network in full damn force.

And when you get a sub-par floor coach with average talent- you will see him languish at Southern and collect a check for 5 years
    Agree. Not much to fear really. Our performance will be 100x more affected by Ray and our fans/boosters than anything Rick does at USM.

vCash
    What's going to be funny is the spin put on it if/when he doesn't get that job. It's already started with a couple of loyal Stans followers questioning whether he would have interest in that job...

Dawgbreeze on SPS yesterday:
    I would continue to support MSU
    But rest assured, he would kick our ass in recruiting. I think it is a moot point. Can't see him wanting to go to the Buzzards.
    Fact is -- there are still bigger name coaches out there that are currently considered "toxic" -- just like the last 2 that USM has hired and allowed to rehab their image...
    Last edited by engie; 04-23-2014 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    That's hilarious from Dawggeezer

Stands hired a firm to help market his name and get him a job- hell, he even went overseas recruiting- and so far- no takers.

vCash
    I hope he goes to Southern. Would be a good move for him. And as far as him owning the Jackson and coast - is that a problem? Outside Newman this next year, who has come out of those areas that Stansbury has signed that has been successfull since Monta Ellis? All of our best players the last ten years or so have been out of state guys -- with Stansbury AND Ray. Zimmerman, Roberts, Power, Frazier, Gordon, Varnado, Stewart, Bost, Sword, etc. The exception (and only one) is Timmy Bowers who was many years ago and seems to be a statistical anamoly. But good thing we got Sidney from the Jackson-area **

vCash
    Kind of in the back of my mind as well. I don't know about "owning" but I believe if would be felt in Oxford and Starkville.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Geezer
    vCash
    You are a lying s o b. I never said that once and as far as I know he hasn't applied for any job. He has more money than any of us and doesn't sit on a computer all day acting like a coach.

That's hilarious from Dawggeezer

Stands hired a firm to help market his name and get him a job- hell, he even went overseas recruiting- and so far- no takers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastdoglover View Post
    You are a lying s o b. I never said that once and as far as I know he hasn't applied for any job. He has more money than any of us and doesn't sit on a computer all day acting like a coach.
    No one "applies" for a job like that. Your agent throws your name out and either there are takers and interest or there isn't. I have no clue if rs wants that job or not. However, he won't be applying for anything, doesn't work that way.

vCash

hammer meet nail

vCash
    what? What am I lying about?

and while he may not have actually filled out a job app- he has damn sure tried to get in the running for some jobs. He damn near jerked off Jacobs trying to get in the mix for Auburn. I know he had dinner with Jacobs and I know who was at the table that night. So don't come here with that bullshit. You and I both know he wants a coaching job so bad he can't stand it- and it has nothing to do with needing money.

vCash
    Your dinners must be pretty interesting if it includes jerking somebody off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    How do you think he got into coaching in the first place?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    Well, when you deal with surgeons to get business....

Geezer
    vCash
    Okay, Barrack, Jr. Sexton is his agent and I have no idea what he has been doing but you are so damn ate up with Stansbury and your hatred toward him that you continue to make up shit to discredit him. Let the damn guy enjoy his retirement and I have about as much faith in your source having dinner with Rick and Jacobs as I did when you said you knew who the next basketball coach at MSU would be ,and then Scott went out and hired a guy nobody had ever heard of to come to MSU. I do know some folks from Auburn put feelers out about their job but that happens all the time. Get over yourself, it is your board but you try and stir more shit than you get accurate info. I am sure this coming season we will hear every excuse from you if we fail again in basketball and most of us remember your absolute paranoia with Stansbury for over 6 to 8 years. And while I am at it, the only jerking off that is being done is you acting like an expert. some of us are smart enough to see through you. Prozac is real cheap these days, try it, maybe you will enjoy life for once.

what? What am I lying about?

and while he may not have actually filled out a job app- he has damn sure tried to get in the running for some jobs. He damn near jerked off Jacobs trying to get in the mix for Auburn. I know he had dinner with Jacobs and I know who was at the table that night. So don't come here with that bullshit. You and I both know he wants a coaching job so bad he can't stand it- and it has nothing to do with needing money.