Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee is having trouble hiring a basketball coach

vCash

Tennessee is having trouble hiring a basketball coach

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...bulldogs-coach

White is supposedly the 3rd or 4th guy they have targeted. Just goes to show you that in today's CBB world, if the cupboard looks bare, it's hard to make a good hire.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Clay Travis

@ClayTravisBGID 21m
    If Louisiana Tech's basketball coach turns down Tennessee, I give up. This search = total mess. RT @GoodmanESPN: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10811829/tennessee-volunteers-target-mike-white-louisiana-tech-bulldogs-coach …

vCash
    Have they reached out to Tyndall yet? I would assume he would be next if they already haven't contacted him

vCash
    Stands may luck into this job yet.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Yeah....I bet Bury would take it.

vCash
    Or Ray.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...bulldogs-coach

White is supposedly the 3rd or 4th guy they have targeted. Just goes to show you that in today's CBB world, if the cupboard looks bare, it's hard to make a good hire.
    Looks like White will be named the next head coach at Tennessee and all you guys thinking that he will end up at Ole Miss were wrong. I don't think he will ever coach at Ole Miss now that he is at Tennessee.

vCash
    Rick Ray to La Tech?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    Looks like White will be named the next head coach at Tennessee and all you guys thinking that he will end up at Ole Miss were wrong. I don't think he will ever coach at Ole Miss now that he is at Tennessee.
    Andy Kennedy breathes a sigh of relief...

vCash
    Why would they try to hire another coach from La Tech? How'd that work out for them last time?

vCash
    Annddd the Rebs' former HCIW is the new Tennessee basketball coach. Underwhelming hire for them on paper -- but I think White is a good coach...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Annddd the Rebs' former HCIW is the new Tennessee basketball coach. Underwhelming hire for them on paper -- but I think White is a good coach...
    I think he's a better coach than Martin. That's just my opinion until White has coached ~3 years at UT, but I think White's ceiling is much much higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by esplanade91 View Post
    I think he's a better coach than Martin. That's just my opinion until White has coached ~3 years at UT, but I think White's ceiling is much much higher.
    So Michael White turned Tennessee down. What an idiot. He could have made some real money. I guess he could be holding out for the Mizzou job which is better then Tennessee. Both the Tennessee and Mizzou jobs are better then Ole Miss and La Tech. If he is holding out for the Ole Miss job, he will not do well there. Andy Kennedy is their ceiling in basketball. No history, facilities suck, fan support sucks at Ole Miss. I am surprised Kennedy hasn't left for a "lesser" job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully01 View Post
    So Michael White turned Tennessee down. What an idiot. He could have made some real money. I guess he could be holding out for the Mizzou job which is better then Tennessee. Both the Tennessee and Mizzou jobs are better then Ole Miss and La Tech. If he is holding out for the Ole Miss job, he will not do well there. Andy Kennedy is their ceiling in basketball. No history, facilities suck, fan support sucks at Ole Miss. I am surprised Kennedy hasn't left for a "lesser" job.
    Michael White is ten times the coach Andy Kennedy is. I'm not claiming Ole Miss would become a ten times better program, but I will take my chances as an MSU fan with any coach we ever have against Kennedy as long as they will have him.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like it's USM coach Donnie Tyndall according to ESPN.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Donnie Tyndall was the guy I was hoping would replace Ray. Really good hire for Tennessee.

vCash
    Good hire for Tennessee. Does this make USM the landing zone for Stansbury?

vCash
    Tennessee got turned down 4-5 times....that should put our search in perspective for Strick ...I'm not saying he did a good job, but I am saying there was an extreme level of difficulty

Stands to Southern might be a good fit. Good landing spot for him

vCash
    they've had constant trouble with football and basketball coaches and money seems to be a bit more of an issue for them than it ever has before. Also, and I don't know if this is playing a part or not, but I have to wonder if some racial tensions found their way into the booster & coach relationship. If so, that could really leave a terrible scar there.

vCash
    Stands to USM would screw us.