Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Mizzu Game 1

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Meh. Welcome to the SEC. You can go 15-15 in the SEC and still have a very legit chance to win the National Championship. Winning a NC is really all I care about. We're actually built pretty well for the postseason. Deep pitching staff, play good defense. That will keep in games and at the very least give you a chance.
    I think everyone should realize that as nice as it would be to win an SEC championship, all that matters is the post season, kind of like basketball. Granted that it makes your chances much greater at getting to Omaha if you are a national seed and host. Like I said earlier we were 16-14 last year. Were we a bit fortunate? Probably. I agree we SHOULD be expecting better than just north of .500 in SEC every year but let's not melt down when we are f we are still making the tourney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    I think everyone should realize that as nice as it would be to win an SEC championship, all that matters is the post season, kind of like basketball. Granted that it makes your chances much greater at getting to Omaha if you are a national seed and host. Like I said earlier we were 16-14 last year. Were we a bit fortunate? Probably. I agree we SHOULD be expecting better than just north of .500 in SEC every year but let's not melt down when we are f we are still making the tourney.
    You nailed it. Winning in SEC play simply makes our path easier.

My hope right now is that we pull a 2007. Win on the road somewhere and then hopefully host a SR because another 2 seed won in the opposite bracket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    I disagree. Post-season matters the most but its not all that matters. SEC titles in baseball are still great achievements especially with the strength of the conference. I would certainly take an SEC regular season championship over anything other than being among the last 8 standing in Omaha.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    We not be a great team but we just gutted out a win on the road in extra innings so props to our guys tonight.
    Missouri is ****ing horrible. Period. If we were worth a **** we could beat them on the road or on the god damn moon, but we barely did. Let that sink in. All of you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Missouri is ****ing horrible. Period. If we were worth a **** we could beat them on the road or on the god damn moon, but we barely did. Let that sink in. All of you.
    Missouri won their series with #24 ranked Kentucky last weekend. Let that sink in
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think I'll wait and see what happens today and tomorrow before I let it sink in.

vCash
    Overreact much? Lol

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    mizzou is not a very good baseball team, arguing that they are would make one look dumb. With that said, the bottom line is we are just simply not that good of a baseball team either. Many of us have been saying that since the Holy Cross series. Our only hope is that somehow we get on a hot streak and start hitting the ball better situationally.

vCash
    Each year plenty of freaking awesome teams (which we're not) still have several close wins over "crap" teams. Baseball is a game where W-L is a lot more indicative than margin of victory.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Nobody is saying Missouri is good- but as evidenced by them beating Kentucky last weekend and Auburn in another series- they are capable.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Each year plenty of freaking awesome teams (which we're not) still have several close wins over "crap" teams. Baseball is a game where W-L is a lot more indicative than margin of victory.
    Run differential actually tells a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Run differential actually tells a lot.
    In certain circumstances, yes, but for example:

I'm just making up some typical opponents for a fortnight period here:

USM (trustmark) W9-4
    @Arkansas L2-4
    @Arkansas W12-3
    @Arkansas W10-2
    South Alabama L3-5
    Valley W19-1
    Tennessee W7-0
    Tennessee W14-4
    Tennessee L1-3

Record for period: 6-3, 4-2 SEC (This is decent team with some good offense)

But this is a better team:

USM (trustmark) W8-6
    @Arkansas W4-2
    @Arkansas W9-8
    @Arkansas W5-4 (12)
    South Alabama L1-2 (11)
    Valley W12-6
    Tennessee W6-5
    Tennessee W4-3
    Tennessee W7-5

Record for period: 8-1, 6-0 SEC (I'll take this any day over the above regardless of run differential AND SO WILL THE SELECTION COMMITTEE)
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    You've done it now bulldogbear.

vCash
    Team 2 had a better week, but Team 1 is probably going to be better going forward. Run differential has more predictive power than W-L record.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Team 2 had a better week, but Team 1 is probably going to be better going forward. Run differential has more predictive power than W-L record.
    Especially when looking at just the SEC games. Here's the current run differentials entering this weekend. This will be way more relevant at the end of the year

Team RS R R+-
    Ole Miss 84 50 34
    Kentucky 95 77 18
    Alabama 72 58 14
    Texas A&M 76 68 8
    Arkansas 57 51 6
    LSU 64 60 4
    Georgia 51 48 3
    USCe 61 60 1
    Tennessee 62 69 -7
    MSU 59 70 -11
    Florida 68 80 -12