Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Weekend C&D thread

vCash

Easter Weekend C&D thread

First off, happy Good Friday and I hope every has a great Easter weekend with their families. I know my family is doing a seafood boil Saturday and we're doing a cookout w/ribs and chicken with my inlaws Sunday after church (I'll post pics). What do the OD guys have on deck?

ps- it looks like the Easter bunny dropped off a 2014 22 foot bulls bay center console bay boat with a 4-stroke yammy 150.

vCash

Weekend Cooking Drink Drank Drunk Thread

Whatever single malt I happen to pull and Special K with strawberries.

vCash
    Got the pork butt marinating for 24hrs. Getting ready for a 12hr smoke, killians on deck
    News Report, "Mississippi State Quarterback Michael Hening Tried To Throw Himself Off Of Davis-Wade Stadium But He Was Intercepted And Ran Back For A Touchdown"

vCash
    Haha I see we have competing threads!

Since it's Good Friday I went with seafood

vCash
    change of plans... Cigar City Brewing Jai Alai IPA and tacos, although I would've much preferred Beast's fried seafood platter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    change of plans... Cigar City Brewing Jai Alai IPA and tacos, although I would've much preferred Beast's fried seafood platter.
    Wish I could get my hands on some Jai Alai. One of my favorites. Hopefully I'll make a trip to Florida soon so I can bootleg some back to Mississippi.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Grilled lamb rib chops with honey-balsamic glaze, bacon braised Brussels sprouts, bacon wrapped blue-cheese stuffed dates. Paired with a Caldwell cab
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 04-18-2014 at 06:14 PM.

vCash
    tha Jai Alai is nice. I'm a huge IPA fan and it's one of the best made for sure. I could actually see it overtaking Dogfishhead as the leading commercial IPA.

vCash
    wife got old soul Pinot noir. Extremely fruity and rich to be a Pinot but still light enough as well. I was surprised how bold it was for a Pinot though. Of course I tried it after I was into an IPA, so that may impact things a lot. Either way, worth trying for the price. very inexpensive, especially considering it's a Pinot.

vCash
    I'm drinking Abita's Spring IPA, which isn't bad, while grilling some shrimp kabobs and listening to the baseball game. Great grilling weather.

vCash
    There is so much win in this thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    There is so much win in this thread
    and they think they're winning the party.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Grilled lamb rib chops with honey-balsamic glaze, bacon braised Brussels sprouts, bacon wrapped blue-cheese stuffed dates. Paired with a Caldwell cab
    Damn. That is up my alley. Im going to have to go to the butcher and whole foods this morning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    and they think they're winning the party.
    Haha +1

Did some breakfast experimenting today. Fried egg, jalapeno deer sausage, fried green tomato, and cheese on a hoagie roll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Haha +1

Did some breakfast experimenting today. Fried egg, jalapeno deer sausage, fried green tomato, and cheese on a hoagie roll

Now that's top notch there!

vCash
    Beast, we need to tailgate together this fall. I think we would get along well.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Ennis I want to hear about the peppers and meatsickle

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Grilled lamb rib chops with honey-balsamic glaze, bacon braised Brussels sprouts, bacon wrapped blue-cheese stuffed dates. Paired with a Martin Estate cab
    Reboot due to some beers at lunch Friday and long mid-afternoon nap. This dinner going today. Pre dinner starting with some Chimay Premiere Ale

vCash
    Ennis I want to hear about the peppers and meatsickle
    Prep work is done. Poblanos stuffed with cream cheese, boudain, jalapeno and wrapped in bacon.

Brussel sprouts with garlic, onions and bacon.

Random but main is lamb shanks.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Shit we are rolling almost same thing. I'm just splitting the Brussels in half and cooking them in the bacon fat with the garlic and onions. Throwing the bacon in at the end and dropping a couple of teaspoons of maple syrup at the last couple of minutes.

What's the beverages? I'm going with a large cab

With some smooth Jack Johnson and Amos Lee with all the doors and windows open. Ready to crank the egg but holding off a bit.
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 04-19-2014 at 04:24 PM.