Thread: Vikings: Please No

vCash

Vikings: Please No

don't make me hate Ragnar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I'm intrigued. But my wife and I usually don't watch Vikings till Friday or Saturday night on the DVR. This time it won't be till Saturday. Wondering what he's done now...
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I won't spoil it for you...

vCash
    Watched it. Not sure how the "gods" were the ones who "saved" Ivar though. Was relieved Raggy didn't do it, although he walked off.

Still not understanding how Athelstan "betrayed" Ragnar.

First piece of bad writing in this series IMHP. I know man has always been sinful and there are all types of people, but somehow I'm just not buying "progressive, liberated, hippy chick" in dark ages Britain.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LAST THURSDAY'S EPISODE

Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Hack, are you referring to what is to become of his newest disabled son?

just an fyi... ragnar's character is based on history. he was the guy who would not mutilate british children. remember the scene during a raid where he covered up a child so other vikings wouldn't find the child?

other than that, not sure what you are talking about

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Watched it. Not sure how the "gods" were the ones who "saved" Ivar though. Was relieved Raggy didn't do it, although he walked off.

First piece of bad writing in this series IMHP. I know man has always been sinful and there are all types of people, but somehow I'm just not buying "progressive, liberated, hippy chick" in dark ages Britain.
    hey Bulldogbear, can you explain in more detail what you are talking about? "saved igar" what's that about? whose this "progressive , liberated hippy chick" ? the new princess who complains about a 60 yr old who has PME? that shit was pretty funny I thought.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post

or maybe you are referring to ragnar's scoping things out with the english king before consulting with his comrades?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    hey Bulldogbear, can you explain in more detail what you are talking about? "saved igar" what's that about? whose this "progressive , liberated hippy chick" ? the new princess who complains about a 60 yr old who has PME? that shit was pretty funny I thought.
    I was funny!! I'm just not buying into the character for this time period and social position in that time period.

As far as saving Ivar.... that's crippled boy's name, Ivar the Boneless. Toward the end of the episode Ragnar and Aslaug are cuddling the babe just before the raiders are about to sail for England and he or she (can't remember which) says something about the gods having saved their son.

I remember Ragnar covering up the little girl.

It would seem historically that Bjoern is headed for as great or greater deeds than Ragnar.

Banned
    vCash
    please forgive me for not remembering the names as I move along with this series.. "Bjoern" would be ragnar's first born, correct? if so, I could not agree with you more. I like his "slave girl" new love too. please forgive me if I've not gotten the names right. ragnar's 1st born is bound for destiny though. regardless of my lack of memory on the names.

vCash
    Finally watched the episode....Damn. I thought Ragnar was going to do it. Kinda surprised he didn't. Don't know how the kid will survive, though. If he can't walk, he can't fight. And if he can't fight as a male in Viking society, he's worthless. Hell, he can't even be a slave if he can't walk. He isn't headed for a pretty life.

Interested to see where they're heading with Bjorn. You know he and Ragnar are going to butt heads eventually, as Ragnar can't stand the thought of anyone, even his son(s), being greater than him. Bjorn's interest in the slave chick can't end well. He's son of the eventual King of the Vikings. No way Ragnar lets him marry a slave girl when his marriage could secure a key alliance later down the road. Probably another reason he'll have to go head-to-head with Ragnar. Rollo will figure into this somewhere, too.

Loved the new princess chick. She's hot, devious, and hilarious. Definitely got the cray in her.

Ragnar's decision to not consult Horik & Lagertha is going to cause huge problems. Of course, if you know much about the legend of Ragnar Lothbrok, you'll know he eventually unites the Vikings. This may be a good way for him to rid himself of Horik without having to actually do it himself. Regardless, shit has gotten real in Wessex.

Lagertha is badass. As tough as almost any of the men and uses her brain. Sexy as hell. I'm fully expecting she & Ragnar to hook up again. Why couldn't this show have been on HBO, Starz, etc.?!
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Finally watched the episode....Damn. I thought Ragnar was going to do it. Kinda surprised he didn't. Don't know how the kid will survive, though. If he can't walk, he can't fight. And if he can't fight as a male in Viking society, he's worthless. Hell, he can't even be a slave if he can't walk. He isn't headed for a pretty life.

Interested to see where they're heading with Bjorn. You know he and Ragnar are going to butt heads eventually, as Ragnar can't stand the thought of anyone, even his son(s), being greater than him. Bjorn's interest in the slave chick can't end well. He's son of the eventual King of the Vikings. No way Ragnar lets him marry a slave girl when his marriage could secure a key alliance later down the road. Probably another reason he'll have to go head-to-head with Ragnar. Rollo will figure into this somewhere, too.

Loved the new princess chick. She's hot, devious, and hilarious. Definitely got the cray in her.

Ragnar's decision to not consult Horik & Lagertha is going to cause huge problems. Of course, if you know much about the legend of Ragnar Lothbrok, you'll know he eventually unites the Vikings. This may be a good way for him to rid himself of Horik without having to actually do it himself. Regardless, shit has gotten real in Wessex.

Lagertha is badass. As tough as almost any of the men and uses her brain. Sexy as hell. I'm fully expecting she & Ragnar to hook up again. Why couldn't this show have been on HBO, Starz, etc.?!
    Historically, Horic will still be around a while, but obviously so will Ragnar. For the show, I bet you're spot on about the slave girl being part of the coming drama between Ragnar and Bjoern Ragnarsson. Ragnar did elude to the historical reasons though when he had his farewell monologue to his deceased daughter. He said fathers can become jealous of their sons.

vCash
    I think bjoern is rollos son

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    I think bjoern is rollos son
    Well, the actor does have the same build as Rollo rather than Ragnar. Of course that could mean nothing, but an interesting thought. But it is generally historically accepted that his mother was actually Aslaug; Raggy and Lagertha had no children. So, it if true they already changed that for drama. They could possibly go with the Rollo thing as well and that could partly also lead to Raggy and Bjoern falling out.

vCash
    I say that because rollo spends a lot of time with him teaching him things. There has also been several times when rollo admits to being in love with latherga many years ago before ragnar.

They wouldnt just drop that in for nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    I say that because rollo spends a lot of time with him teaching him things. There has also been several times when rollo admits to being in love with latherga many years ago before ragnar.

They wouldnt just drop that in for nothing.
    You probably right. My wife is convinced of it. Still waiting to watch season finale on DVR.