Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Uniform Picture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    BINGO!!! Our Athletic Department cares absolutely zero that a huge portion of our fan base wants that logo back. Doesn't have to be every game but using it never because they are obsessed with only using the MState logo is ridiculous.
    So you want the Athletic Department to spend some considerable amount of money (as noted, other schools are now using it) to buy back a logo, which they have shown they do not wish to do but more so you only want to use it occasional. First off that's ridiculous in itself but we are also trying to build and establish a brand with our current logos. No need throwing another one in the mix.

And the portion of the fans that truly care evidently aren't that loud. As you noted this has never been addressed publicly. Good luck on that ever happening.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    So you want the Athletic Department to spend some considerable amount of money (as noted, other schools are now using it) to buy back a logo, which they have shown they do not wish to do but more so you only want to use it occasional. First off that's ridiculous in itself but we are also trying to build and establish a brand with our current logos. No need throwing another one in the mix.

And the portion of the fans that truly care evidently aren't that loud. As you noted this has never been addressed publicly. Good luck on that ever happening.
    No I said I'd be ok with it only being used occasionally. Meaning a compromise. They ****ed up 12 years ago and need to get the damn logo back already. We have built and established our brand enough already with the damn MState logo. Does it have to be used 100% of the damn time? Don't throw the "build and establishing our brand" shit back in my face here either. They are being stubborn and refuse to use any other logo but the one they like. It's a total lie too. Nike would bend over backwards to help us if we just ASKED THEM. Same shit with the problem with our Adidas uniforms being so similar to aTm. Nobody is calling Adidas and ASKING THEM to send us different uniforms. Do we have people in our athletic department other than Stricklin? Doesn't seem like it sometimes.

vCash
    BINGO!!! Our Athletic Department cares absolutely zero that a huge portion of our fan base wants that logo back. Doesn't have to be every game but using it never because they are obsessed with only using the MState logo is ridiculous.
    It doesn't mean they don't care. It just means they've already made the decision that it isn't worth it, that they'd rather use the M-State logo. You can care about someone's opinion or input and still decide against them. Either way, it's a stinking logo. Nobody is going to ever lose their job over it.

vCash
    It's a total lie too. Nike would bend over backwards to help us if we just ASKED THEM.
    Wha?! Why in the world would Nike bend over backward to help us just because we ask?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post

Toying around with special use logos is a distraction and a waste of time. There may be an effort to give it nod in the future, but we are not rebranding right now, 5 or 6 years into the current branding. Everyone knew it stank when it came out, but this was LT's last screw up on the way out. It was all but done and we had to do our best with it.

It will come back up in 5-10 years. Don't worry.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It doesn't mean they don't care. It just means they've already made the decision that it isn't worth it, that they'd rather use the M-State logo. You can care about someone's opinion or input and still decide against them. Either way, it's a stinking logo. Nobody is going to ever lose their job over it.
    Dig further brother. You just at the surface. Get deeper and you'll see what I mean.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Wha?! Why in the world would Nike bend over backward to help us just because we ask?
    They are a business that's why. Nobody at Nike gives a flying **** about any perceived "beef" we have conjured up in our minds between Nike and MSU. It doesn't exist. It's just smoke to distract us from the real reason our Ath Dep refuses to use the old logo. Dropping the terrible Mississippi State legal banner is a fantastic start but I fear that hideous banner will be right back on our jersey game 2. If we can use something else besides the legal banner then we can also use something else besides the MState logo. Again I'm willing to compromise as is everyone else and have the MState logo used the majority of the time but along with that compromise I'd like it if our Ath Dep would give us the interlocking logo SOME of the time. Not none of the time for the last 10+ years. How much "establishing our brand and logo" do we need to do? Enough is enough. The dumbasses that can't figure out the difference between MSU and Ole Miss will always be dumbasses. Time to please the ones that really do care about MSU.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    They are a business that's why. Nobody at Nike gives a flying **** about any perceived "beef" we have conjured up in our minds between Nike and MSU. It doesn't exist. It's just smoke to distract us from the real reason our Ath Dep refuses to use the old logo. Dropping the terrible Mississippi State legal banner is a fantastic start but I fear that hideous banner will be right back on our jersey game 2. If we can use something else besides the legal banner then we can also use something else besides the MState logo. Again I'm willing to compromise as is everyone else and have the MState logo used the majority of the time but along with that compromise I'd like it if our Ath Dep would give us the interlocking logo SOME of the time. Not none of the time for the last 10+ years. How much "establishing our brand and logo" do we need to do? Enough is enough. The dumbasses that can't figure out the difference between MSU and Ole Miss will always be dumbasses. Time to please the ones that really do care about MSU.
    Let's be honest here, 61. What percentage of the fanbase has the same feeling as you? I'm fairly certain it's not as large as you or I believe it to be. Also, I consider myself someone who deeply cares about MSU. Could you disagree with me, certainly. You have a right to disagree. But I feel that the logo is just fine.