Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Uniform Picture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Look I'm glad we came up with Hail state. Dont get me wrong. I think it is good for social media and a good phrase to use for fans to identify with . I don't think it belongs on the front of our football uniform . Can you imagine someone from New Jersey or Oregon watching one of our games on natl TV wondering who the hell is Hail State? Can you imagine Alabama playing football with Roll Tide printed on the front of their jerseys?

vCash

But that's the whole point of branding...

Quote Originally Posted by HailState39110 View Post
    Look I'm glad we came up with Hail state. Dont get me wrong. I think it is good for social media and a good phrase to use for fans to identify with . I don't think it belongs on the front of our football uniform . Can you imagine someone from New Jersey or Oregon watching one of our games on natl TV wondering who the hell is Hail State? Can you imagine Alabama playing football with Roll Tide printed on the front of their jerseys?
    Creating top of mind awareness. When someone up north sees hail state for the 10th time they start to make a mental connection that hail state = mississippi state (NOT Ole Miss). Just like Roll Tide = Alabama. Like War Eagle = Auburn. Like Boomer Sooner = Oklahoma. It's jut those schools have branded those for 70 years, or whatever it is.

In ten years if I walk around NYC I can yell out Hail State at a bar and JUST MAYBE people will know I mean Mississippi State. If I yell out Go State or Go Dawgs I'm going to get alot of blank stares or at least which State or which Dawgs (or probably "Oh, Georgia")

Branding is not easy and it takes time and HAS to be repetitive to accomplish this goal.

vCash
    I am not a fan of #HailState on stuff but as a "brand" I really don't see the issue with Hail State. Why not have a something we can obnoxiously cry out to each other?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Be cool if it was a throw back uniform from the last time we played them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Creating top of mind awareness. When someone up north sees hail state for the 10th time they start to make a mental connection that hail state = mississippi state (NOT Ole Miss). Just like Roll Tide = Alabama. Like War Eagle = Auburn. Like Boomer Sooner = Oklahoma. It's jut those schools have branded those for 70 years, or whatever it is.

In ten years if I walk around NYC I can yell out Hail State at a bar and JUST MAYBE people will know I mean Mississippi State. If I yell out Go State or Go Dawgs I'm going to get alot of blank stares or at least which State or which Dawgs (or probably "Oh, Georgia")

Branding is not easy and it takes time and HAS to be repetitive to accomplish this goal.
    I get that. As I said put it on signage around the stadium . Put it on T shirts. Put it on stickers, pens, Huggies (or coozies) . Don't put it on the front of my teams football jersey. If Ole Miss put Hoddy Totty on the front of their jersey you don't think we would laughing our asses off at them? I'm sorry I just think it's corny

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    They are a business that's why. Nobody at Nike gives a flying **** about any perceived "beef" we have conjured up in our minds between Nike and MSU. It doesn't exist. It's just smoke to distract us from the real reason our Ath Dep refuses to use the old logo. Dropping the terrible Mississippi State legal banner is a fantastic start but I fear that hideous banner will be right back on our jersey game 2. If we can use something else besides the legal banner then we can also use something else besides the MState logo. Again I'm willing to compromise as is everyone else and have the MState logo used the majority of the time but along with that compromise I'd like it if our Ath Dep would give us the interlocking logo SOME of the time. Not none of the time for the last 10+ years. How much "establishing our brand and logo" do we need to do? Enough is enough. The dumbasses that can't figure out the difference between MSU and Ole Miss will always be dumbasses. Time to please the ones that really do care about MSU.
    Let's be honest here, 61. What percentage of the fanbase has the same feeling as you? I'm fairly certain it's not as large as you or I believe it to be. Also, I consider myself someone who deeply cares about MSU. Could you disagree with me, certainly. You have a right to disagree. But I feel that the logo is just fine.