Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Uniform Picture

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Nike actually does use that logo for at least one team. It's some D2 or D3 school, maybe Montana State, but they do use it. I'm guessing it would cost a lot to get it back, and we've already made the decision to run with the M-State. It is what it is, there's really no point in rehashing it.

Dawg61, if you think someone needs to be fired over every little thing you don't like, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Whether or not we use the M-S-U or M-State really just is not that big of a deal.
    Problem is we've been asking for it back for over ten ****ing years now. And it ain't just a few of us. It's like the ENTIRE fan base. So at some point it stops being just not a big deal and it changes into the fact the Athletic Department refuses to listen to the fan base. That is a big deal. I'm tired of asking for it back. WE are tired of asking for it back. I'll ask nicely the first 1,000 times. That ain't working. DEMAND the ****ing logo back from Nike or BUY IT BACK.

vCash

SDS uni pic

The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Problem is we've been asking for it back for over ten ****ing years now. And it ain't just a few of us. It's like the ENTIRE fan base. So at some point it stops being just not a big deal and it changes into the fact the Athletic Department refuses to listen to the fan base. That is a big deal. I'm tired of asking for it back. WE are tired of asking for it back. I'll ask nicely the first 1,000 times. That ain't working. DEMAND the ****ing logo back from Nike or BUY IT BACK.
    OR LET IT GO. We have moved on from that logo if you haven't noticed and we are NOT going back to it.
    Moving to M-State was one of the last things Ole Lar did before getting kicked out by Doc. Obviously he decided it wasn't worth the money (what a surprise).

"Demand" all you want. Shot Scott a letter with that Demand and see where it gets you. (you might want to include a big check check...)

vCash
    You have to ignore the comments. Bunch of Rammer Jammers that think everybody wants to be Alabama. It has a 100 year DWS patch on it, though I think it should be 100 year Scott Field. It's misleading, but I'm a traditionalist.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

I'm with you Ref... #hailstate

Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Sorry, slight tangent and rant. All of these people saying that "Hail State" is silly because it's just a catch-phrase are starting to get on my nerve. It may have recently become a "catchphrase" or "marketing ploy" but it is also our Fight song. So I don't necessarily mind the Hail State on our unis. Is it what I would really like? No. Will I live with it? You bet. Sorry, I just wanted to get that off of my chest before I went stir crazy and went on a massive rant.
    It's ours. It's been ours. It's the best way to set ourselves apart from the other MSU's and other State schools. I just told the story last week of an older man yelling Hail State at my in a restaurant because he saw my pullover. I have problems with Stricklin but branding hail state has been a great move and thus I understand why it's on the uniforms. Auburn has a possible alternate helmet that says War Eagle on it. I'd hate to see what would happen if we had a helmet that said Hail State.

The uniforms are a massive upgrade but reading this thread makes me feel sorry for Addidas. They literally can't please some of you no matter what they do.

And for those that think Nike won't care if we use their legally trademarked logos, you're clueless. Call any intellectual property attorney you can find and ask them if Nike would LOVE the chance to sue a school like us for ANY type of IP issues.

Good grief people....

vCash
    Yes we have. Germans or something. Merged

vCash
    Look I'm glad we came up with Hail state. Dont get me wrong. I think it is good for social media and a good phrase to use for fans to identify with . I don't think it belongs on the front of our football uniform . Can you imagine someone from New Jersey or Oregon watching one of our games on natl TV wondering who the hell is Hail State? Can you imagine Alabama playing football with Roll Tide printed on the front of their jerseys?

vCash
    I am not a fan of #HailState on stuff but as a "brand" I really don't see the issue with Hail State. Why not have a something we can obnoxiously cry out to each other?

vCash

But that's the whole point of branding...

Quote Originally Posted by HailState39110 View Post
    Look I'm glad we came up with Hail state. Dont get me wrong. I think it is good for social media and a good phrase to use for fans to identify with . I don't think it belongs on the front of our football uniform . Can you imagine someone from New Jersey or Oregon watching one of our games on natl TV wondering who the hell is Hail State? Can you imagine Alabama playing football with Roll Tide printed on the front of their jerseys?
    Creating top of mind awareness. When someone up north sees hail state for the 10th time they start to make a mental connection that hail state = mississippi state (NOT Ole Miss). Just like Roll Tide = Alabama. Like War Eagle = Auburn. Like Boomer Sooner = Oklahoma. It's jut those schools have branded those for 70 years, or whatever it is.

In ten years if I walk around NYC I can yell out Hail State at a bar and JUST MAYBE people will know I mean Mississippi State. If I yell out Go State or Go Dawgs I'm going to get alot of blank stares or at least which State or which Dawgs (or probably "Oh, Georgia")

Branding is not easy and it takes time and HAS to be repetitive to accomplish this goal.

vCash
    Be cool if it was a throw back uniform from the last time we played them.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    OR LET IT GO. We have moved on from that logo if you haven't noticed and we are NOT going back to it.
    Moving to M-State was one of the last things Ole Lar did before getting kicked out by Doc. Obviously he decided it wasn't worth the money (what a surprise).

"Demand" all you want. Shot Scott a letter with that Demand and see where it gets you. (you might want to include a big check check...)
    Letting it go means Nike and the small shit school using the logo win. It also means our Ath Dep. went spineless again and refuses to fight for our damn logo back. This is ****ing pathetic. What do you think would happen if suddenly the University of Alabama could no longer use that stupid Atlanta Braves A with gay flair on it anymore? People and farm animals would die. Fight fight fight Mississippi State you're DAMN RIGHT!!! Not "forget about it and get over it we'll just let them have it Mississippi State we ain't right".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Creating top of mind awareness. When someone up north sees hail state for the 10th time they start to make a mental connection that hail state = mississippi state (NOT Ole Miss). Just like Roll Tide = Alabama. Like War Eagle = Auburn. Like Boomer Sooner = Oklahoma. It's jut those schools have branded those for 70 years, or whatever it is.

In ten years if I walk around NYC I can yell out Hail State at a bar and JUST MAYBE people will know I mean Mississippi State. If I yell out Go State or Go Dawgs I'm going to get alot of blank stares or at least which State or which Dawgs (or probably "Oh, Georgia")

Branding is not easy and it takes time and HAS to be repetitive to accomplish this goal.
    I get that. As I said put it on signage around the stadium . Put it on T shirts. Put it on stickers, pens, Huggies (or coozies) . Don't put it on the front of my teams football jersey. If Ole Miss put Hoddy Totty on the front of their jersey you don't think we would laughing our asses off at them? I'm sorry I just think it's corny

vCash
    Letting it go means Nike and the small shit school using the logo win. It also means our Ath Dep. went spineless again and refuses to fight for our damn logo back. This is ****ing pathetic. What do you think would happen if suddenly the University of Alabama could no longer use that stupid Atlanta Braves A with gay flair on it anymore? People and farm animals would die. Fight fight fight Mississippi State you're DAMN RIGHT!!! Not "forget about it and get over it we'll just let them have it Mississippi State we ain't right".
    You're going insane over this. The mistake we made was allowing Nike to own the logo to begin with. That could have been worked out when they created it, but we allowed them to own it, so they now own it. In order to get it back, we can't just say, 'Give it back to us' loudly. We have to pay them, and I'm assuming they would want quite a bit for it. The administration has shown it isn't going to spend the money to get it back. So you can either continue to get angrier and angrier and claim people need to be fired, or you can accept that and move on.

Just because parts of the fanbase want it back doesn't mean the administration should do it or they're 'not listening'. Maybe they've listened and decided it isn't a good decision. That's what they're there for; they aren't there just to take polls; they make decisions. They've decided it's in the best interest of our athletic department not to buy it back and to stick with the M-State. I'm sure if enough people were so upset over it they threatened pulling money, they may re-think that.

But I'm pretty sure most just think, 'Yeah, I liked that logo, I wish we could get it back' and not, 'THIS IS INSANE! THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT CAN DO!' like you evidently do.

Not getting a logo we used for 8 years back is just not a fireable offense. If you think it is, you're crazy. And we can still use the other interlocking MSU logos we used (I assume); the fact that we're not tells you our AD doesn't want to use it. Period.

vCash
    You're going insane over this. The mistake we made was allowing Nike to own the logo to begin with. That could have been worked out when they created it, but we allowed them to own it, so they now own it. In order to get it back, we can't just say, 'Give it back to us' loudly. We have to pay them, and I'm assuming they would want quite a bit for it. The administration has shown it isn't going to spend the money to get it back. So you can either continue to get angrier and angrier and claim people need to be fired, or you can accept that and move on.

Just because parts of the fanbase want it back doesn't mean the administration should do it or they're 'not listening'. Maybe they've listened and decided it isn't a good decision. That's what they're there for; they aren't there just to take polls; they make decisions. They've decided it's in the best interest of our athletic department not to buy it back and to stick with the M-State. I'm sure if enough people were so upset over it they threatened pulling money, they may re-think that.

But I'm pretty sure most just think, 'Yeah, I liked that logo, I wish we could get it back' and not, 'THIS IS INSANE! THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT CAN DO!' like you evidently do.

Not getting a logo we used for 8 years back is just not a fireable offense. If you think it is, you're crazy. And we can still use the other interlocking MSU logos we used (I assume); the fact that we're not tells you our AD doesn't want to use it. Period.
    Don't waste your time; you are engaging a fool.

Banned
    vCash

I don't sit up at night scheming on how to get the old logo back. It's more just an annoyance that pops up for me a few times a year. This discussion is really what annoys me most. These questions never get answered. I want our AD to answer these questions. Why don't we ever use the interlocking logo anymore? How much would it cost to buy it back? Why haven't we done that yet? What would you think smootness if those questions have never been asked to Nike by our Ath Dep.? I suspect they haven't even asked about it. Ever.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SignalToNoise View Post
    Don't waste your time; you are engaging a fool.
    Second name calling post from you directed to me in the last half hour. Keep it civil.

vCash
    What would you think smootness if those questions have never been asked to Nike by our Ath Dep.? I suspect they haven't even asked about it. Ever.
    I would think that they have decided they don't want to use that logo anymore, even if we could get it back.

vCash
    I don't sit up at night scheming on how to get the old logo back. It's more just an annoyance that pops up for me a few times a year. This discussion is really what annoys me most. These questions never get answered. I want our AD to answer these questions. Why don't we ever use the interlocking logo anymore? How much would it cost to buy it back? Why haven't we done that yet? What would you think smootness if those questions have never been asked to Nike by our Ath Dep.? I suspect they haven't even asked about it. Ever.
    If the question has never been asked then they AD didn't want it. Do I need to point out again that Larry changed us to M-State (some whispers have claimed he has a interest in the logos)
    Ninja had no interest in going back but he did change the M-State and now scott has done the same.

vCash
    Second name calling post from you directed to me in the last half hour. Keep it civil.
    If you are offended be being called a fool don't act foolish. Goodness.

Banned
    vCash
    I would think that they have decided they don't want to use that logo anymore, even if we could get it back.
    BINGO!!! Our Athletic Department cares absolutely zero that a huge portion of our fan base wants that logo back. Doesn't have to be every game but using it never because they are obsessed with only using the MState logo is ridiculous.