Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New Uniform Picture

vCash
    Clark is that you?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 04-09-2014 at 10:19 AM.

vCash
    Quite simply, this is the best we could have asked for. This is basically an upgraded version of the late 90s uniforms with a different logo and a different apparel company.

Don't mind the "Hail State" - it gives us something different.

9.5/10 in my book. The white ones will look awesome.

Banned
    vCash
    How does this look like the Croom unis? And this is the best uniform combo that we've had since the JWS years. I hope these are the permanents and not a one game deal.

vCash
    The more I think about it, the more the lighter shade of maroon combined with the 100-yr anniversary patch tells me these are just going to be for one game.

However, if we can make it be known loud enough how much we love the uniforms, we may get something similar when they actually do change the jersey.

Banned
    vCash
    I liked the old unis ok, but I will be pissed if this is just for one game. Those look slick as hell. I got all pumped up there for a second.

vCash
    If it's just for one game then they should have gone all the way and done the old interlocking MSU decal on the helmet.

I hope it's for the whole season though

Banned
    vCash
    What's wrong with just putting MSU in very small letters on the front of the jersey like FSU does? Why is MSU so damn worried about the viewer being able to read what school they are watching? There's dozens and dozens of schools not concerned one bit about this with their football uniforms and they do just fine in distinguishing their own brand. QUIT BEING CONCERNED WITH THE IDIOTS THAT CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MISSISSIPPI STATE AND OLE MISS! You're ruining it for the rest of us

vCash
    The only time I've truly been unhappy with our unis was Merlot & White Croom era with the shitty white helmet.

I think these are sharp as hell and hope we keep them for the season.

vCash
    Love the look, but PLEASE take the stupid "Hail State" off the front, it is just so corny. Would much rather see one of the following across the front:

1. Bulldogs
    2. MSU
    3. Miss St/State
    4. State
    5. Anything but Hail State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbagdawg View Post
    If you don't like these, well **** you! These are sweet and if you disagree
    You're probably the type Of person who is never happy about anything. ****ing awesome
    Simmer down newbie. Your opinion is not the only one that matters and if you don't like that well...take your own advice.

I'm not a big fan of the double half stripe that high up. Give me a number on the shoulder pad instead with the stripe lower. I think a lot of people are liking them because they are similar to the late 90s, which I used to like simply because that was related to winning in my mind. Now they just look dated and not in a traditional way that could last for a long time.

DO NOT Like the HAIL STATE as the school name. I get the "branding" but you might as well put Henry Mize U on there in my eyes. Put either Miss. State, Mississippi and State under the numbers or SIMPLY just M S U.

and Scott has to be pretty unhappy this got leaked out. obviously they were going to do a big reveal like they like to do thus the tweet with the teaser and a date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamDawg View Post
    5. Anything but Hail State
    Not that stupid legal banner. Hail State is far better than that. But again, assuming the NCAA is consistent, they're not going to let us use that, so we'll have to change it. I'm fine with State, MSU, Mississippi State, just about anything but that legal banner.

And I think Hail State is better than Miss. State personally.

vCash
    It's needs to say STATE or MSU . Hail State is not a name people call our university . It's a catch phrase that was developed by our athletic department so our fan base could identify with each other such as Roll Tide, War Eagle , Hotty Toddy, Anchor Down, Gig Em, etc. This phrase does not belong on a uniform or end zone. Please quit forcing it down our throats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    If it's just for one game then they should have gone all the way and done the old interlocking MSU decal on the helmet.

I hope it's for the whole season though
    That Decal will never be on another MSU uniform as long as Nike owns the rights to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    That Decal will never be on another MSU uniform as long as Nike owns the rights to it.
    Makes sense.

In other news, TSUN fans are trying their best to talk shit about these uniforms on twitter. Not surprising but just wow...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    No way Nike will give a shit if we use it. Buy the damn rights from Nike. How many billions of times does the MSU fan base have to ask for the interlocking logo back? Seriously? We've all been asking for it back ever since it got taken away. Some people need to start losing their jobs. Over a logo. Not even joking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState39110 View Post
    It's needs to say STATE or MSU . Hail State is not a name people call our university . It's a catch phrase that was developed by our athletic department so our fan base could identify with each other such as Roll Tide, War Eagle , Hotty Toddy, Anchor Down, Gig Em, etc. This phrase does not belong on a uniform or end zone. Please quit forcing it down our throats
    It must've caught on with you..have you forgotten your name is hailstate?

Just like most everyone else I don't like hail state on a uniform but it beats the hell out of that legal banner. As far as using it as our battle cry I think it's great and it has definitely caught on. I'm about 4 years removed from graduating at state and all of my friends use that as do the athletes, coaches, admin. There is still a small contingent that don't like it but pretty much everyone uses it...especially on social media. Sure there is still room for a generic go dawgs every now then but I think hail state is here to stay and I approve bc it's unique to us.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    No way Nike will give a shit if we use it. Buy the damn rights from Nike. How many billions of times does the MSU fan base have to ask for the interlocking logo back? Seriously? We've all been asking for it back ever since it got taken away. Some people need to start losing their jobs. Over a logo. Not even joking.

Agreed. And why would Nike give a shit about selling it to us anyway? It's not like they care or are really doing anything else with it.

vCash
    I would really prefer the Baseball Logo. and Just STATE across the front. Hail State is kinda silly. It is Ok for a catch phrase, just not on Unis. White face mask are they way to go.

vCash
    Nike actually does use that logo for at least one team. It's some D2 or D3 school, maybe Montana State, but they do use it. I'm guessing it would cost a lot to get it back, and we've already made the decision to run with the M-State. It is what it is, there's really no point in rehashing it.

Dawg61, if you think someone needs to be fired over every little thing you don't like, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Whether or not we use the M-S-U or M-State really just is not that big of a deal.

HailState39110 is one of the funniest posts I've seen on this board. Don't know if it was intentional or not, but it was freaking funny.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Sorry, slight tangent and rant. All of these people saying that "Hail State" is silly because it's just a catch-phrase are starting to get on my nerve. It may have recently become a "catchphrase" or "marketing ploy" but it is also our Fight song. So I don't necessarily mind the Hail State on our unis. Is it what I would really like? No. Will I live with it? You bet. Sorry, I just wanted to get that off of my chest before I went stir crazy and went on a massive rant.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner