Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uniform Picture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Grant View Post
    I agree, they look boxy, clunky, outdated, and they have too much 90s in them. Not a fan, but I don't care as long as they win.
    Ditto.

vCash
    Edited to add: I don't like Hail State in the end zone either . Another place besides a uniform it doesn't belong. It would be ok on some signage around the stadium/ arena or on T Shirts worn by fans but to put a manufactured catch phrase by our athletic department on our football uniform seems forced and out of place.
    Last edited by HailState39110; 04-09-2014 at 07:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I like this uniform overall. I can live with this- because it looks like Mississippi State "should" look.

I like the Hail State across the chest because it brings attention to our fight song.

I would like to see a throwback helmet with the interlocking MSU. I'm going to put these uniforms at number two behind the NIKE late 90's ones for this reason alone.

I'm looking forward to seeing the special Egg Bowl one in a couple of years.
    Which interlocking MSU do you like better?

<THIS one from the later Sherrill years OR

the one from the earlier JWS years
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 04-09-2014 at 07:37 AM. Reason: reformat
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    HOLY ****ING SHIT THEY DONT HAVE THE HIDEOUS MISSISSIPPI STATE LEGAL BANNER ON THE FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SPARTA
    Haha, I'm pretty much in agreement with this. That was the one main change I wanted to see. I actually liked our previous uniforms and thought we looked sick in them on the field, but the one thing I hated was the stupid legal banner. I don't care if it's 'Hail State' or 'State, yay!' as long as it isn't that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    Did you read the article he linked? It has nothing to do with a hashtag. The NCAA told Baylor they couldn't have "Sic'em" on the front of the jersey and that only the school name or mascot could be on the front. Another stupid NCAA rule.
    Yep, they'll probably make us change them, so everyone hoping for just 'State' will probably get their wish. Pretty dumb, though, for Adidas to unveil these after they unveiled Baylor's before getting permission and having to scrap them for the same reason.

vCash
    By the way, it's obvious the administration listened to everyone who loved the late 90s uniforms, because those are essentially the exact same thing with 'Hail State' instead of 'Miss. State' and the different logo (but that won't ever change), and the stripes are how higher up on the shoulder. Aside from that, they're essentially identical.

I really hope we keep the darker shade of maroon, though. That is one thing I liked about our current uniforms over those from the 90s. I won't hate them, though, if they're the lighter shade. It's hard to tell from the lighting, but it looks like these may be a lighter shade.

ETA: I really hope these are not just a one-time thing and the reason they look so much like the 90s-era unis is because it's as a 'throwback' for Scott Field's 100-yr anniversary. They have the patch, which could mean we'll wear that patch all year or because the unveil will have them, it could mean it's just a one-time thing.

Although, if we were going throwback for that, why not go completely throwback, to the 50s or 60s or earlier?
    Last edited by smootness; 04-09-2014 at 08:10 AM.

vCash
    I think Stricklin is trying to change our "brand" and is in love with his idea of Hail State . Exactly where can you go with the Hail State? Its fine for a website or twitter, but Miss State is our brand and it needs to be on the uniform.

Other than that I like the majority of this board think its wrong, like the uniform.

But that been said, if we winning we could have bright Yellow and I would be in the market for a whole new set of MSU gear...

vCash
    eh. they're not great but they're not terrible. as most people said I don't like Hail State across the chest.

I saw some speculation on twitter that these might only be for the spring game/SBW since the baseball team is also getting new unis. I find it hard to believe that we'd get a uniform just for the spring game, but I guess we'll know more tomorrow.

vCash
    It definitely won't be just for the spring game, but it could be just for the Southern Miss game. They did a similar unveiling for the Egg Bowl unis one year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    Please tell me you're not serious? When did/have we in our history,"when not trying to look like someone else" had a stipe on our headgear?
    I don't care when we've had a helmet stripe. I thought it looked good on those helmets. And how were we trying to look like someone else? A lot of teams have helmet stripes, and a lot don't.

vCash
    I'm still trying to find that diagonal-interlocking MSU on the side of that helmet. Man, those were the days.

This is the best combo I've seen so far. I'd rather it just say "State" or "Mississippi State" or "bulldogs" on the front though. Nobody else really plasters their slogan on front of their uniforms. Could you imagine is Oklahoma put "Boomer Sooner" on the front of their jerseys?
    Last edited by ghostofjackie; 04-09-2014 at 08:29 AM.

vCash
    Pretty good. I personally prefer "Hail State" on the jersey to "Miss. State." Just not a big fan of an abbreviated version on our stuff. If anything, it should just say "State."

vCash

Ny question on new unis picture

Can somebody explain the white circle on the top front of the helmet.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    It's just the glare/shine from the overhead light...

vCash
    Better, but chillybilly's mockups still kick this one's ass. Also a fan of black shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbagdawg View Post
    If you don't like these, well **** you! These are sweet and if you disagree
    You're probably the type Of person who is never happy about anything. ****ing awesome

Couldn't agree more!!!!!

vCash
    Chillybilly is great in graphics work and is good at knowing which colors work well together, but he doesn't exactly come up with innovative designs. He basically has the same generic template with the triple stripe and just makes slight tweaks to it.

vCash
    unfortunately I'm pretty sure these are just for the USM game. I hope I was told wrong. I like them a lot more than the ones were wear now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonDog View Post
    unfortunately I'm pretty sure these are just for the USM game. I hope I was told wrong. I like them a lot more than the ones were wear now.
    Oh geez, that would be dumb.

vCash
    The white faskmask makes all the difference to me. Sets off the uniform.