Thread: Biggest Football screw jobs against MSU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    I was at the Dick Pace game. Easily the worst screw job ever.

Another that sticks out to me is versus Houston on 2009. Used their refs, who allowed them to hold blatantly all day long, and only called a couple of meaningless penalties against UH in the last minute or two, as I recall. They attempted 52 passes and didn't get called for holding once. They also got away with defensive pass-interference, one that resulted in an INT for them. But the worst call was the one on us for passing beyond the LOS. It wasn't remotely close to being over. I am still pissed at Mullen for not challenging that call, as it would have set us up with a first down inside their 10, I believe. Instead, we gave the ball back on downs, as I recall.
    Tyson Lee was 2-1/2 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he threw that pass. That was a huge WTF moment in MSU sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Tyson Lee was 2-1/2 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he threw that pass. That was a huge WTF moment in MSU sports.
    What made that call bad, was it was compounded by all the other shitty calls we were on the wrong side of; i.e., Bump's TD return against Bama called back; Brandon McRae stripping the ball after Tyson's INT against Florida non-call, which would have given us a touch back.

Are there any more during that stretch I'm forgetting?

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What made that call bad, was it was compounded by all the other shitty calls we were on the wrong side of; i.e., Bump's TD return against Bama called back; Brandon McRae stripping the ball after Tyson's INT against Florida non-call, which would have given us a touch back.

Are there any more during that stretch I'm forgetting?
    Touchdown against LSU in 2009 that would have won the game and put us in a bowl