Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MSU big four vs. Ole Miss big four- who would you rather have?

vCash

MSU big four vs. Ole Miss big four- who would you rather have?

Jamaal Clayborn vs. Tunsil

Bear Wilson vs. Treadwell

Chris Jones vs. Nkemdiche

Ashton Shumpert vs. Tony Conner

Clayborn- three star, but played as a freshman at guard. Likely starts this year at LG and has a very high upside.

Wilson- three star that was under the radar because he played basketball. Is 6'5" 225 ish and was one of our top go to WR's by the end of the year along with Jameon.

Jones- five star who blew up in the recruiting world. Very solid freshman year and looks to improve.

Shumpert- four star and I picked him to compare a top Mississippi recruit vs. a top Mississippi recruit in Conner. Had a solid start as the number three guy and is poised to be number two with Robinson. Scored a few TD's in blow outs, but very high upside.

And then...

Tunsil- Three year type talent at the premium position on the o-line, and was very solid but battled injuries.

Treadwell- Put up good numbers- but mostly on screens. Some questions about his ability to catch passes downfield at this point in time.

Nkemdiche- Very similar numbers to Jones, but also has had some disciplinary issues.

Conner- Very solid season as a freshman and will be a solid four year starter and potential all-SEC player.

vCash
    Tunsil, Treadwell, Jones, and at least for the moment Conner, but that could easily change this year.

vCash
    I'm gonna go with Clayborn over Tunsil- Tunsil got hurt twice last year and then banged up in the Spring game. He has played very well at times- but Clayborn is going to show out these next 3 years. He was solid as a true freshman- and has had a great Spring going against Jones day after day.

Treadwell over Wilson. Treadwell is more polished. Wilson is going to get better and better and will be a force- possibly even a better NFL player overall, but Treadwell is the better player RIGHT NOW.

Jones over Kimchee. Not even real close

Conner over Shump. Conner is a 3 year guy on defense and then NFL. I think Shump chose wrong. Shump will be a solid to good SEC RB, but he could have been a great LB/SS on defense.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Treadwell had a great year. I wasn't as impressed with his numbers as I was with his effort. He is in my opinion the best recruit ole miss has ever had. Other than that I take state players hands down. Jones and Wilson are going to the gems of that class. Both will break a lot of records here

vCash
    Tunsil, Conner, Jones, Treadwell.

Problem for Ole Miss is that, other than kicker, those may be the only positions on their entire team that are better than our corresponding position.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Clayborn over Tunsil- Tunsil got hurt twice last year and then banged up in the Spring game. He has played very well at times- but Clayborn is going to show out these next 3 years. He was solid as a true freshman- and has had a great Spring going against Jones day after day.

Treadwell over Wilson. Treadwell is more polished. Wilson is going to get better and better and will be a force- possibly even a better NFL player overall, but Treadwell is the better player RIGHT NOW.

Jones over Kimchee. Not even real close

Conner over Shump. Conner is a 3 year guy on defense and then NFL. I think Shump chose wrong. Shump will be a solid to good SEC RB, but he could have been a great LB/SS on defense.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. If this is by college production, Clayborne will likely be great here for three more full years, and Tunsil will only be there for two more years (and he probably won't be healthy for that entire two years).

vCash
    I agree.. An argument could be made for Cody Prewitt. Maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    I agree.. An argument could be made for Cody Prewitt. Maybe.
    I would take prewitt in a heartbeat. Love his physical play

vCash
    Guys, he's talking about 4 guys that are all going into their soph year. Thus the comparison.

vCash
    I take the work ethic and overall attitude and commitment of our guys on all choices given...and those things mean a whole heckuva lot when trying to build a winning team

Based solely on talent: tunsil, treadwell, jones, and the last one is close but based on on field production gotta take Conner.

vCash
    Tunsil, Wilson, Jones, Conner

vCash
    Can someone find OM's whole depth chart?

Here is a poster from Rant who said this is the "All-Mississippi" team. As you can tell, he has no clue what he's talking about.

"Mississippi

OFFENSE
    Quarterback: Tough...Bo Wallace for the experience alone, but I'm not 100%. A solid full season of starts by Dak may prove his worth to me.
    Running Back: I'Tavius Mathers
    Wide Receiver: Laquon Treadwell
    Wide Receiver: Quincy Adeboyejo
    Wide Receiver: Jameon Lewis
    Tight End: Evan Engram
    Left Tackle: Laremy Tunsil
    Left Guard: Aaron Morris
    Center: Dillon Day
    Right Guard: I dunno...With Gabe Jackson gone who does State have now? We don't really have another no-brainer pick to go here.
    Right Tackle: Austin Golson

DEFENSE
    Defensive End: CJ Johnson
    Defensive Tackle: Chris Jones
    Defensive Tackles: Robert Nkemdiche
    Defensive End: Fadol Brown...or if State has some beastly DE that I don't know about get them.
    Outside Linebacker: Cody Prewitt
    Middle Linebacker: Benardrick McKinney
    Outside Linebacker: Serdarius Bryant
    Cornerback: Derrick Jones
    Safety: Kendrick Market
    Safety: Tony Conner
    Cornerback: Senquez Golson

SPECIAL TEAMS
    Punt Returner: Jameon Lewis
    Kick Returner: Jaylen Walton/Jameon Lewis
    Punter: Will Gleeson
    Kicker: Gary Wunderlich

Moved an All-American Safety, Cody Prewitt, to OLB because I think that's his position at the next level. Replaced him with Market, who I think is a solid Safety.

I'll admit, I only really know the stars from MSU. Chris Jones, McKinney and Lewis are obvious takes. They're ballers. Dillon Day is a great center with experience."

Banned
    vCash
    Tunsil
    Conner
    Jones
    Treadwell

Jones is the best of the group though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post

C34 say:

OFFENSE
    Quarterback: Dakota Prescott
    Running Back: Josh Robinson
    Wide Receiver: Bear Wilson
    Wide Receiver: Jameon Lewis or Adebayo- solid 4 top WR's
    Tight End: Push on Johnson and Engram
    Left Tackle: Blaine Clausell (he will stay healthy and is a 4 yr starter)
    Left Guard: ​Push on Clayborn and Morris
    Right Guard: Push

DEFENSE
    Defensive End: Preston Smith
    Outside Linebacker: Matthew Wells
    Cornerback: Taveze Calhoun
    Safety: Cody Prewitt
    Cornerback: Will Redmond

My picks were based on what I think their performance will be in 2014- not anything else.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Maybe someone should tell that guy about our beastly DE named Preston Smith who was the defensive MVP in the Liberty Bowl.

vCash
    Wallace should never be picked over Prescott, even in a hypothetical. He does nothing better than Dak, except look and act like a girl.

vCash

Here is a poster from Rant who said this is the "All-Mississippi" team. As you can tell, he has no clue what he's talking about.

"Mississippi

OFFENSE
    Quarterback: Tough...Bo Wallace for the experience alone, but I'm not 100%. A solid full season of starts by Dak may prove his worth to me.
    Right Guard: I dunno...With Gabe Jackson gone who does State have now? We don't really have another no-brainer pick to go here.

DEFENSE
    Defensive End: Fadol Brown...or if State has some beastly DE that I don't know about get them.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Moved an All-American Safety, Cody Prewitt, to OLB because I think that's his position at the next level. Replaced him with Market, who I think is a solid Safety.

I'll admit, I only really know the stars from MSU. Chris Jones, McKinney and Lewis are obvious takes. They're ballers. Dillon Day is a great center with experience."
    Delete

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash

"Mississippi

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

SPECIAL TEAMS

I stopped at I'Tavius Mathers.

ETA: Holy shit, he chose those corners? What a joke. We have 3-4 corners on our roster better than Golson and Jones.
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 04-07-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Dak's arm is every bit as good as Bo's and his legs are way, way better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Dak's arm is every bit as good as Bo's and his legs are way, way better.
    Understatement. The other thing about Dak is he can create and move in the pocket.