Thread: Something to make you feel better about the Ok State game

vCash

Something to make you feel better about the Ok State game

They were 110th in pass defense last season. They lost 3 of their 4 DE's on the two deep, as well as 2 of their 4 CB's

Offensively, they lost 4 Sr starters on the OL- and 6 of their 10 on the 2-deep this year are Freshmen and Soph's...
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They were 110th in pass defense last season. They lost 3 of their 4 DE's on the two deep, as well as 2 of their 4 CB's

Offensively, they lost 4 Sr starters on the OL- and 6 of their 10 on the 2-deep this year are Freshmen and Soph's...
    Autry and Preston smith come on down. If they can't beat a reworked Osu ol, it might be another year with qb's having all day against us. I'd blitz the crap out of them too

Banned
    vCash
    Actually does make me feel good.

How many promising upperclass QBs have we ruined over the years due to this very problem?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    Actually does make me feel good.

How many promising upperclass QBs have we ruined over the years due to this very problem?
    Kevin Fant is and always will be the poster boy for what could have been had he gotten any protection

vCash
    How am I supposed to feel good that we could beat a reputable team that goes on to have a crappy season? Is OSU this year's Tennessee?

vCash
    They also have a new DC and OC. Will probably still be some rust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    How am I supposed to feel good that we could beat a reputable team that goes on to have a crappy season? Is OSU this year's Tennessee?
    I would be happy for OSU to be this year's TN. Heck, TN still was absolutely one of our best wins last year.

vCash
    I was kidding.

But I'm not kidding when I insist that Tennessee was a good team when we played them. That was a quality win IMO.

vCash

Actually..

..the CBS bowl predictions made me feel good about OSU:

CBS bowl prediction for OSU:

Buffalo Wild Wings

Dec. 28 Tempe, Ariz.

Big 12 vs. Big Ten

Oklahoma State vs. Northwestern

I didn't know there was such a thing as a Buffalo Wild Wings bowl.

If OSU is headed for a Buffalo Wild Wings-type season, then we definitely will match up with them in Dallas.

vCash
    I'm with Goat, this actually made me feel a shit ton better about that game. Last year has left a bad taste in my mouth about our effort. I feel like we will be much improved, but it's kind of one of those things that I'm going to need to see before I take the bait again.

At the same time, I'm not one of those delusional fools that doesn't think 8-5 was a good year. I was happy with the record, but not with the effort and give a damn the team showed. Any disappointment in the Mullen era is a completely different type of disappointment in my opinion, than the shitastic disappointment of the Crxxms era. Never thought I would be frustrated or disappointed in the effort of a 8-5 MSU squad in my lifetime, but that is a testament to what Mullen has done so far in his tenure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    How am I supposed to feel good that we could beat a reputable team
    nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Never thought I would be frustrated or disappointed in the effort of a 8-5 MSU squad in my lifetime, but that is a testament to what Mullen has done so far in his tenure.

Mullen was quoted today saying 8 wins is the new baseline and that we need to work up to 10-11 wins and competing for championships. I couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    nm
    Ouch.