Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welp, Bama is renovating Sewell Thomas to the tune of $30 mil...

vCash

Welp, Bama is renovating Sewell Thomas to the tune of $30 mil...

That's their baseball facility. This is $10 mil more than the Swayze Field renovation -- and $8mil less than the brand new Alex Box price tag. Needless to say, it is going to be a palace...

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...9801?p=1&tc=pg

Time to get real damn serious about Dudy Noble boys...

Banned
    vCash
    Eh, that's in the early stages. Chances are they still won't have more capacity than us. Big crowds, a little tradition and LFL is what our advantage is, not the niceness of the stadium.

And just an FYI, we already are serious about Dudy Noble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    Eh, that's in the early stages. Chances are they still won't have more capacity than us. Big crowds, a little tradition and LFL is what our advantage is, not the niceness of the stadium.

And just an FYI, we already are serious about Dudy Noble.
    No we arent

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    No we arent
    I obviously am more in the know than you.

vCash
    No we arent
    We'll be serious about it when we drop $20-30mil just like the rest of the west(outside of Auburn, who built Plainsman in 96) has done in the past couple of years. We're getting LEFT BEHIND in the facilities race in baseball -- and it's nearing time that we correct it. Hopefully, Stricklin is mindful of this -- and he's letting Janet Marie Smith design us a palace to put us back at our rightful place at the head of the college baseball table...

Found this interview with her fascinating really...http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.p...d=44&Itemid=35
    Last edited by engie; 05-09-2013 at 12:13 PM.

vCash
    I hope you are. Got any more details on just how "serious" we are?

vCash

They are doing this...

...out of pure necessity:

Sewell-Thomas Stadium was recently ranked the 11th best stadium out of 12 in a poll of former Southeastern Conference baseball players conducted by The Tuscaloosa News. The poll did not consider SEC newcomers Texas A&M and Missouri, as former players have not played in their stadiums.

In other words, they play in a craphole & have finally become so embarrassed about it, they are going to use some of their football money to improve their baseball facility.

I don't care if they re-create the freakin' Taj Mahal, Alabama baseball will never come close to drawing as many fans as MSU, LSU, University of Mississippi & Upig.

vCash
    Ok bud

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    ...out of pure necessity:

In other words, they play in a craphole & have finally become so embarrassed about it, they are going to use some of their football money to improve their baseball facility.

I don't care if they re-create the freakin' Taj Mahal, Alabama baseball will never come close to drawing as many fans as MSU, LSU, University of Mississippi & Upig.
    This. Bama baseball will never be anything to write home about. I can put Gucci loafers on a pig, and it's still just a pig.

vCash
    hahahaha....stop there Goat...you arent more than Ennis- I can assure you of that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    We'll be serious about it when we drop $20-30mil just like the rest of the west(outside of Auburn, who built Plainsman in 96) has done in the past couple of years. We're getting LEFT BEHIND in the facilities race in baseball -- and it's nearing time that we correct it. Hopefully, Stricklin is mindful of this -- and he's letting Janet Marie Smith design us a palace to put us back at our rightful place at the head of the college baseball table...
    Bo Bounds points out that the glutony of SEC money will have diminishing returns at a Bama because you can't put 4 upper decks on a football stadium

I disagree and Sewell Thomas is why. After the Bamas have more money than they can spend on football, they'll built new stuff everywhere else.

vCash
    We need back to back cws and then something will happen. It is on the table but not serious, as there are other priorities. That on top of...nobody knows wtf to do with dnf

Id tear the whole thing down.

That 25 mill we just spent on the practice facility so we can finish 10th in the sec in football every year could have bought us something in baseball that we have a shot at a nc. I understand revenue though....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    You saying that is simply not based in reality. There was a time not all that long ago that they drew very, very well for baseball games. There is a PROUD baseball history and tradition over there -- it just gets buried beneath all the football stuff. From 99 - 04, they never dropped out of the top 5 in baseball attendance -- and they are still generally close to a top 10 attendance despite not being very good in a number of years.

No one has beaten us more in baseball over the years than they have unfortunately... to the tune of 210-172-3

vCash
    Alabama is the all time winningest sec baseball team

Banned
    vCash
    Alabama is the all time winningest sec baseball team
    Yeah I remember as a kid them and LSU were the dominant force. Seems like in the late 90's when I began to follow these things they were very good.

vCash
    Are you old enough to remember the K lady from lsu? Traveled everywhere they went. Stood on top of their dugout

Banned
    vCash
    Are you old enough to remember the K lady from lsu? Traveled everywhere they went. Stood on top of their dugout
    Ha no don't recall her.

Just saw some videos of her on youtube. Crazy corndog coonass
    Last edited by Will James; 05-09-2013 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    I don't remember her either. Is she related to rally Pat?

vCash
    She would ramble very loudly and go ooooooooooooooo. When they struck someone out, she would hold up a giant K.

I havent seen her here or at the box since prob 98

Guess a lot if them just stop coming. Msu had the odd regulars. The thou shalt not steal / come on sexy rexy guy. The guys on the right base side that got wasted and brought brooms and led the cheers. Knock it out john. I sat over there a while until the guy that wears welder glasses moved in front and the 2 loud fat bitches moved in behind. Basically ran me out of my seats of 20 years.

A bunch more but we seem to lose some every year
    Last edited by Esmerelda Villalobos; 05-09-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Banned
    vCash

A bunch more but we seem to lose some every year
    But then a new crop comes in.