Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A game we never win, we will win in the fall

vCash

A game we never win, we will win in the fall

And that would be Arkansas at Little Rock. They just had 4 players announce they were transferring (always happens w/new coach) including senior QB Brandon Mitchell. He moved to WR last year to get more PT and was a really good athlete. Not a great QB but a playmaker. The guy they are going with is soph Brandon Allen who had 1 td & 3 ints in mop up duty last year. Was also suspended 4 games for arrest. They have nothing at QB,WR, or RB. I think their defense will be better but what they have returning on offense paired with Bielema's offense= worst offense in the SEC next year. Rough year coming for the Hogs.

Banned
    vCash
    We will beat them, and one of LSU/Alabama. I think we beat Auburn and Ole Miss too. It's our year, book it.

vCash
    When I read this title I was thinking LSU. Beating both Arky and LSU would be really good for our W-L.

Banned
    vCash
    I say W vs TAM and ARK, L to Bama and LSU.

Coonasses always find a way.

vCash
    Doesn't that new Arky coach prefer a power running game? It will take a while to switch personnel to that.

Banned
    vCash
    We're not beating A&M at College Station. They may have lost some key guys, but they will still have their way with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Doesn't that new Arky coach prefer a power running game? It will take a while to switch personnel to that.
    True, but surely he's a smart enough guy to somewhat tailor his game to his players.

vCash
    I think we take down UPig as well. The Bielema love will subside as their season progresses
    Auburn is the big one to me- that's a toss-up and going to be one we really need to get.
    I wanna believe we can beat LSU and this is a year in which we will have a chance, especially with their schedule like it is. I just cant make myself believe it- yet.
    We aint beating Bammer and very unlikely we get A&M. A&M still has alot of talent on that team. Mike Sherman- helluva recruiter, terrible coach.
    We'll be in a good fight with SC- but that one will be hard to get also

8 wins is certainly attainable
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    True, but surely he's a smart enough guy to somewhat tailor his game to his players.
    They don't have any players. All their decent playmakers are gone, much like Auburn. I 100% believe that we have a better roster top to bottom than both of those teams.

Banned
    vCash
    How does AU look on offense this year? Didn't they lose their leading rusher from last season? I know Frazier is back. He will be better simply because Malzahn will know how to use him, but--let's be honest--he aint no Cam Newton. There isn't but one of those.

vCash
    LSU is a distinct possibility. First time in a log time that our offense has a chance to match up we'll against their defense. Tubby, RoJo, Perk, and Malcolm will have to play lights out, but I actually feel like we may be able to score on them this year.

Banned
    vCash
    And as far as OM goes, I think we not only beat the bears, I think we destroy them in a revenge game from last season. After three beatings in a row, Mullen got soft on OM. Every season but last year, he made them the emphasis. But I think what happened in Oxford has woken up the fire to embarrass them again.

And LSU......I would love to beat them, but won't be holding my breath. They lost a lot of seasoned talent on D, but will also be replacing that talent with 4 and 5 star guys........I waffle back and forth on this one.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    LSU is a distinct possibility. First time in a log time that our offense has a chance to match up we'll against their defense. Tubby, RoJo, Perk, and Malcolm will have to play lights out, but I actually feel like we may be able to score on them this year.
    We scored on them last year. Except for one bad pass, Tyler ate LSU up. The dude was 26-38 for 295 yards in BR. Bump had 140 yards all on his lonesome. Defense lost us that game. That long td bomb with 11 seconds before the half killed us. It would have only been 13-10 had we held on.

vCash
    True Pollo. Another reason I think we'll be able to score on them. I also think we'll have a good chance at confusing Met. This is his fourth OC while on college and the guy's bringing an NFL system in. I think they're going to have lots of problems early and then the fans will take over and Met will be boo'd out of BR before having a real chance to shine.

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    If the UPig prediction is correct, then it will be the first time we've ever beaten them up there. And it would keep alive the tradition of beating them under their coach's 1st year - Nutt '98, Petrino '08, and Smith '12....tied with Ford in '93 in Little Rock, which is the only time we have gone to Arkansas and not lost.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    True Pollo. Another reason I think we'll be able to score on them. I also think we'll have a good chance at confusing Met. This is his fourth OC while on college and the guy's bringing an NFL system in. I think they're going to have lots of problems early and then the fans will take over and Met will be boo'd out of BR before having a real chance to shine.
    I didn't realize that about the OC, but that's a good point. I tried to rep you, but it had been too soon. lol

vCash
    We beat Auburn, UM, UK, and UPig. Lose a close one to LSU, get whupped by Bama, aTm, USC.
    I'm not convinced Bo Wallace plays a lot next year, shoulder issue will be problematic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggityDawg View Post
    We're not beating A&M at College Station. They may have lost some key guys, but they will still have their way with us.
    I echo this, Kevin Sumlin is a hell of a coach and Manziel is a hell of a college QB. I certainly don't see us going out to College Station this year and having much of a chance to win. Even with our snake bitten luck against LSU I still see us, given their personnel losses, having a better chance to beat them in Starkville relatively early in the year than winning @A&M. And in regard to Arkansas this is one year I REALLY wish we had them early. They are really going to be just finding their way early on with all the transition so that would be the ideal time to play them but, of course, we have them toward the very end again.

vCash
    I like all the positive predictions but I will believe it when I see it. I'm always a pessimist though.

vCash

I don't know...

..if we will beat UPig this fall (I would say there is a 50/50 chance we will), but if you think UPig football sunk into the abyss last year, go look at their 2013 schedule.

If they win 4 games this fall, their coach should be anointed SEC COTY.