Thread: Florida State and North Carolina shenanigans

Banned
    vCash

Florida State and North Carolina shenanigans

They are going to play against each other in a Non-Con game on May 20th..

UNC has already assured a National Seed so this won't hurt them. But if FSU goes up there and wins it is a very good ROAD victory.

This is ****ing bullshit in my opinion. Can we call up LSU and ask to come play a game? They've already assured a national seed too. If the ACC is looking out for it's own I say lets go to Alex Box and tell the Coonasses to pitch Mason Katz

vCash
    I think we played Ole Miss in a non-conf game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    I think we played Ole Miss in a non-conf game.
    That is always on the schedule. We didn't call them up near the end of the season and by a wink and a nod schedule a road game for RPI purposes. They just added this game today.

vCash
    So we're more institutionalized about that strategy.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    So we're more institutionalized about that strategy.
    Nowhere near the same. Not even in the same ballpark.

vCash
    Doesn't the ACC Tournament start that week?

vCash
    No way in the world LSU agrees to that. I sure as heck wouldn't if I were them.

UNC and FSU probably don't go head-to-head for recruits often, though I still don't see what UNC has to gain from this.

Could this actually make enough of a difference to give them a host? If we were to head to Tallahassee as a result I'd be pretty ticked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    They are going to play against each other in a Non-Con game on May 20th..

UNC has already assured a National Seed so this won't hurt them. But if FSU goes up there and wins it is a very good ROAD victory.

This is ****ing bullshit in my opinion. Can we call up LSU and ask to come play a game? They've already assured a national seed too. If the ACC is looking out for it's own I say lets go to Alex Box and tell the Coonasses to pitch Mason Katz
    I'm sure lsu wants to help us after throwing at their star. Does any sec team like Cohen? I hope not bc I like it like that

vCash

According to...

...Nolan UNC's RPI is #1 & FSU's RPI is #5.

I don't know why you are so pissed about this game, because the loser is not going to have their RPI affected at all.

And with a record of 40-9 & a RPI of 5, FSU is already a national seed, regardless of what happens vs. UNC.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    ...Nolan UNC's RPI is #1 & FSU's RPI is #5.

I don't know why you are so pissed about this game, because the loser is not going to have their RPI affected at all.

And with a record of 40-9 & a RPI of 5, FSU is already a national seed, regardless of what happens vs. UNC.
    FSU has two tough series' at NC State and vs Clemson. If it didn't matter they wouldn't have scheduled it.

vCash

Still don't see why you are angry...

Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    FSU has two tough series' at NC State and vs Clemson. If it didn't matter they wouldn't have scheduled it.
    FSU is 9-1 in their last 10 games. If they lose to UNC, it will mean nothing.

If FSU suddenly lose momentum & hits a brick wall against the likes of NC State (7 RPI ) & Clemson 12 RPI) , that will be some of the best loses college baseball has to offer this year.

Put it this way: If MSU was currently 40-9, about to play a 4th game vs. Vandy whose outcome would do nothing to affect MSU's RPI, then MSU was headed into a series with a team with a 7 RPI, then into a series with a team with a 12 RPI, I would already be popping the champagne cork.

Banned
    vCash
    So why are they doing this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    FSU is 9-1 in their last 10 games. If they lose to UNC, it will mean nothing.

If FSU suddenly lose momentum & hits a brick wall against the likes of NC State (7 RPI ) & Clemson 12 RPI) , that will be some of the best loses college baseball has to offer this year.

Put it this way: If MSU was currently 40-9, about to play a 4th game vs. Vandy whose outcome would do nothing to affect MSU's RPI, then MSU was headed into a series with a team with a 7 RPI, then into a series with a team with a 12 RPI, I would already be popping the champagne cork.
    I see what you are saying, but I understand Will's point too. And I think it's bull shit.

Florida State can't lose out and still be a guaranteed National Seed if that's what you're saying. RPI is important, but it isn't the only thing looked at.

But now, if FSU was to lose back to back series and be on the National Seed "bubble", it looks like they scheduled UNC to "take one for the team" for the ACC and let FSU get a high RPI road win to solidify their National Seed.

Is it a given that this is the reason for it? No. But it definitely looks like it. Why the hell else schedule a last second game against number 1 at their place when you are in the position FSU is in?

I understand both points.

vCash
    It would be awesome if we bought our Oral Roberts and got Vanderbilt to come in their place just to spite them. I bet Mike Slive could make that happen.

It would work too- as long as Vandy bought out their game with Belmont.