Thread: How can we upgrade the OC and DC spots?

vCash

How can we upgrade the OC and DC spots?

I want us to have not good, but great coordinators. We should be able to easily afford Top 20 talent. How do you do that?

Can't just pay the current guys big money. Can't go hire one big time coordinator for big time money and leave the other existing coordinator sitting there for 1/3 the money.

I guess we'd have to clean house all at once.

Who would you hire?

vCash
    Give them this $$$$$$$$$.

It's not different than the head coach- when we didn't pay, we had to settle for guys like Croom. Now that we are paying, we have a good head football coach. I actually like Collins as a DC.

If Collins didn't work out, I'd go after Lance Thompson, Alabama's LB coach.

For OC- John Donovan from Vanderbilt.

vCash
    You will have to change head coaches to get a better OC
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I may be in the minority here but i think this is the best staff top to bottom that Mullen has had since he has been here..
    I know everyone had a man crush on Brewster for good reason but Gonzo is by far a better WR coach..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    I may be in the minority here but i think this is the best staff top to bottom that Mullen has had since he has been here..
    I know everyone had a man crush on Brewster for good reason but Gonzo is by far a better WR coach..
    I'm with you mic. I don't understand wanting to blow it up and start over at this point...

Would I be great with Sallach and Koenning being replaced? You bet. At this point, I want to keep all the rest of them though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    I'm with you mic. I don't understand wanting to blow it up and start over at this point...

Would I be great with Sallach and Koenning being replaced? You bet. At this point, I want to keep all the rest of them though...
    Gonzo > Brewster
    Turner > Wilson
    Collins > Wilson
    DT > Melvin
    Sallach back to office job ASAP and Les Qb coach only and make him co recruting cord . looks like he can recruit very well since he pulled or at least helped to pull Ross..

vCash
    Agreed with your full assessment there, Mic...

Certainly seems Koenning has had a fire lit under him in recruiting beginning late last year...and I'm fine with him as QB coach...

vCash
    Absolutely Mic, agree on all of that. Since TE coach doesn't really mean much, I'd like us to hire an ace recruiter. I'd live a you g energetic guy. Look at what Dameyune Criag is doing recruiting for Auburn right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Absolutely Mic, agree on all of that. Since TE coach doesn't really mean much, I'd like us to hire an ace recruiter. I'd live a you g energetic guy. Look at what Dameyune Criag is doing recruiting for Auburn right now.
    Isn't Gonzalez our ace recruiter?

vCash
    Everybody liked Wilson in the off season prior to him being the DC.

I like what we saw from Collins in the bowl game. But I think you guys are false starting on the Collins love. I'm not ready to fire Collins. I'm just cautiously pessimistic. He's got to earn my approval and Mullen has hasn't had a DC yet to do that except for Mad Manny's one season.

What about pouching a proven DC from some team not blessed with SEC gravy?

And on the offensive side...if Mullen is really the OC, I think he needs a bigger OC role. Who was Spurrier's OC earlier in Spurrier's career. And Mike Leach? These are hands on offensive head coaches who surely called their own plays and didn't let a figurehead OC slow the progress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Everybody liked Wilson in the off season prior to him being the DC.

I like what we saw from Collins in the bowl game. But I think you guys are false starting on the Collins love. I'm not ready to fire Collins. I'm just cautiously pessimistic. He's got to earn my approval and Mullen has hasn't had a DC yet to do that except for Mad Manny's one season.

What about pouching a proven DC from some team not blessed with SEC gravy?

And on the offensive side...if Mullen is really the OC, I think he needs a bigger OC role. Who was Spurrier's OC earlier in Spurrier's career. And Mike Leach? These are hands on offensive head coaches who surely called their own plays and didn't let a figurehead OC slow the progress.
    Wasn't Collins a successful dc at fiu?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    Wasn't Collins a successful dc at fiu?
    He was a Broyles finalist for the nation's top assistant as a DC, so yes, he has the resume for it.

Collins = Diaz had we not made Manny the immediate playcalling DC.

vCash
    Well good maybe Collins is our guy. And if that is the case we are going to have to show him the money sooner or later. Or lose him to another school.