Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones?

vCash
    Well, episode 4.4 was certainly weird, rampant with departures from the book. I wonder where they're going with Bran, Hodor, Meera, and HOWLAND at Craster's Keep and Jon and the gang on the way.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    The only *big* departure from the books is The Others turning the babies into Others. Although just because GRRM hasn't talked about it in the books doesn't mean he won't in the future or that he didn't ok the change. Honestly though, that twisted my mind. And it looks like there's a hierarchy amongst The Others. Notice the Priest who changed the baby looked different than any Other we've seen previously, including the one who took the baby and put it on the altar. I have no idea where they're going with it or when we'll get the payoff from that teaser, but I gotta a feeling it'll be epic whenever it finally happens.

I don't think the change with Bran's story is a big deal. My guess is they're going to use it to introduce Coldhands, who will rescue them from the mutineers. Then Jon & crew show up to a bunch of frosted dead guys and will be worried that Mance has his info. And of course, that will set up the big Battle at the Wall in episode 9.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    WMD, you're right it may not be a huge departure about the babies. Many people, myself included, have suspected this already.

On Bran's part, that's what I mean. Kind of looking forward to see what they do. You may be right. I don't think Jon is going to meet up with Brand and crew. Something else is going to happen first.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Bear..,you think benjen...I mean coldhands is gonna show up before Jon?

vCash
    I don't think Benjen is Coldhands. Coldhands has been a Walker longer than Benjen has been dead, according to the books. Unless GRRM is swerving us.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    WMD, you're right it may not be a huge departure about the babies. Many people, myself included, have suspected this already.

On Bran's part, that's what I mean. Kind of looking forward to see what they do. You may be right. I don't think Jon is going to meet up with Brand and crew. Something else is going to happen first.
    I won't lie, that end sequence twisted my mind. I always assumed the babies ended up a snack for whatever Other was preying on the area around Craster's. Simplest explanation is usually the correct one......unless it's a GRRM series.

vCash
    Is benjen even dead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post
    Is benjen even dead?
    Exactly. Another good reason I don't think he's Coldhands. The characters assume Benjen is dead, but we all know that you can't completely rely on each character's descriptions and assumptions.

vCash
    I think Coldhands is the Night King.

Could Benjen possibly be the hooded man that recognizes Theon at Winterfell and has been murdering Frey and Bolton men? Maybe but I kind of think it's Harwin and the Brotherhood has infiltrated Winterfell.

vCash
    I think Coldhands is the Night King.

Could Benjen possibly be the hooded man that recognizes Theon at Winterfell and has been murdering Frey and Bolton men? Maybe but I kind of think it's Harwin and the Brotherhood has infiltrated Winterfell.
    That would be epic. I keep expecting Benjen to pop up eventually or finally get confirmation he's dead. But if it IS Benjen offing the Freys & Boltons at Winterfell, why the hell wouldn't he have returned to the Wall with everything happening there? By involving himself in the war for the Iron Throne, he's breaking his vows, a crime punishable by death. For me, Benjen's whereabouts and fate are the most unguessable mystery of the entire series to date. A Stark with a blink-and-you-miss-it appearance. Furthermore, why did Benjen take the Black in the first place? Just a whole lot of questions and nothing even resembling a hint as to any form of answer with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    That would be epic. I keep expecting Benjen to pop up eventually or finally get confirmation he's dead. But if it IS Benjen offing the Freys & Boltons at Winterfell, why the hell wouldn't he have returned to the Wall with everything happening there? By involving himself in the war for the Iron Throne, he's breaking his vows, a crime punishable by death. For me, Benjen's whereabouts and fate are the most unguessable mystery of the entire series to date. A Stark with a blink-and-you-miss-it appearance. Furthermore, why did Benjen take the Black in the first place? Just a whole lot of questions and nothing even resembling a hint as to any form of answer with him.
    Because "there has always been a stark on the wall"...it's going to be interesting when GRRM throws benjen back into the story...I hope he is the hooded man...that would be awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I think Benjen was helping Lyanna abscond with Rhaegar somehow. Personally I believe R&L were married with his 1st wife's consent. She had a lot of trouble with first two kids, but the dragon had to have 3 legit heads. So, I believe Jon is the legitimate son of R&L rather than bastard. Bran has a wierwood vision of how close Lyanna and Benjen were. Also, in northern weddings someone has to give away the bride. Remember Theon having to give away fake Arya? Benjen gave Lyanna to Rhaegar and went to the Wall to avoid the possible consequences or it may have been because of his terrible guilt at what happened after. I don't believe it was because he was a 3rd son. Brandon is dead, Robb is a babe and Ned, now Lord of Winterfell, has no other heir. Going to the Wall because you are a lesser son doesn't make sense in this case.

vCash
    For fans of R+L=J here's a link to a youtube video featuring ASOIAF artwork of them and Robert. At 2:54 is the only glimpse of young Robert we get without helm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syAx4CCSiM4

There are also several other montages of artwork set to music that just get me pumped for the next book. It's interesting to use your book knowledge to try to guess who each picture is if you've never seen that particular piece of artwork before. Here's a couple that are set to songs by Loreena McKennitt with her haunting voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKLQmPskgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdZwiVrd50Y (only pic I've ever seen of UnCat at 1:26)

ETA: ^Also a smokin' hot painting of Cersei at 3:45

vCash
    And BOOM!!! Bear drops another one on us WMD...sounds legit though

vCash
    Among the unlikelier and weirder theories I've heard Cabo is this one:

Benjen + Lyanna = Jon = instant trip to Wall for Benjen Sisterbanger

vCash
    Nah...that would be way to screwed up, even for GRRM

vCash
    For fans of R+L=J here's a link to a youtube video featuring ASOIAF artwork of them and Robert. At 2:54 is the only glimpse of young Robert we get without helm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syAx4CCSiM4

There are also several other montages of artwork set to music that just get me pumped for the next book. It's interesting to use your book knowledge to try to guess who each picture is if you've never seen that particular piece of artwork before. Here's a couple that are set to songs by Loreena McKennitt with her haunting voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKLQmPskgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdZwiVrd50Y (only pic I've ever seen of UnCat at 1:26)

ETA: ^Also a smokin' hot painting of Cersei at 3:45
    Really dissappointed that 3rd video above is no longer available. Enjoyed watching the other two again though. I've compiled a list of the artwork in the 2nd one. It was the best one anyway of the final 2 I think. I'm not sure about all the characters and places. Where unsure I've put ???

If anybody can figure the questionable ones out let me know:

0:22 - Fist of the First Men
    0:24 - Castle Black
    0:27 - The Wall
    0:32 - Benjen Stark???
    0:35 - Castle Black
    0:37 - Sparring in courtyard at Castle Black
    0:39 - The Wall
    0:41 - ????
    0:45 - Winterfell
    0:48 - Ned, Bran, Theon, Rob, Jon and dead direwolf
    0:50 - Winterfell
    0:58 - The Eyrie
    1:03 - Pyke with overlay of Aeron Damphair (Greyjoy)
    1:11 - ??? Honestly it looks like the Dome of the Rock LOL
    1:12 - ??? Obviously a Sand Sister. I'm leaning toward Nymeria
    1:15 - Tower at Oldtown (Home of deceased Gerold Hightower)
    1:18 - Harrenhal
    1:21 - ???
    1:25 - King's Landing???
    1:27 - Iron Throne
    1:29 - Mance's attack on the Wall
    1:31 - Jon finds Ygritte's body in aftermath of attempt on Castle Black from the South
    1:32 - Ironborn raid on Tohren's Square
    1:34 - Khal Drogo
    1:36 - ??? I truly don't know who this is
    1:38 - Gregor Clegane (The Mountain)
    1:39 - Gendry
    1:42 - Arya and Jaqen H'ghar
    1:45 - Bolton men with Banner
    1:47 - Beric Dondarrion fighting Sandor Clegane (The Hound)
    1:48 - Brynden Tully (The Blackfish) ...perhaps my favorite of all these paintings
    1:50 - Petyr Baelish (Littlefinger)
    1:53 - Roose Bolton
    1:57 - Danaerys Targaryean
    1:59 - Tyrion Lannister and his mountain clansmen
    2:03 - Eddard (Ned) Stark + Bran??? or Rickon???
    2:06 - Ned
    2:07 - Ned + Catelyn Stark
    2:09 - Ned
    2:11 - Ned
    2:14 - Stannis Baratheon + Melisandre + Davos Seaworth???
    2:16 - Stannis + ???
    2:18 - Stannis + Melisandre
    2:21 - Melisandre
    2:23 - Brandon Stark (Bran)
    2:25 - Bran + Hodor
    2:29 - Bran + Summer
    2:33 - Danaerys
    2:35 - Danaerys
    2:37 - Danaerys + Drogo
    2:43 - Victarion Greyjoy???
    2:47 - Theon Greyjoy
    2:52 - Reek (Theon)
    2:55 - Wight attacking in the night at Castle Black
    2:57 - Jon Snow + Ghost
    3:00 - Jon + Ghost
    3:07 - Jon with scars from Orell's eagle
    3:09 - Jon + Ygritte
    3:11 - Ygritte
    3:13 - Jon + Quoran Halfhand
    3:16 - Jon + Ghost (my personal favorite of the pair)
    3:18 - Rhaegar Targaryean
    3:23 - Davos
    3:27 - Aeron Damphair
    3:29 - Aeron Damphair
    3:32 - Aeron Damphair???
    3:33 - Coldhands???
    3:36 - Waymar Royce
    3:37 - Jeor Mormont (The Old Bear)
    3:38 - Maester Aemon (Targaryean)
    3:39 - Samwell Tarley (Sam)
    3:40-3:42 - Alliser Thorne???, Delorous Edd???, Donal Noye???, Pypar, Quoran Halfhand, ??? (all in very quick successsion)
    3:43 - Sept at Baelor. Note that you can see Ned and Ser Illyn Payne
    3:47-3:54 - Several versions of Oberyn Martell (The Red Viper) vs. The Mountain
    3:55 - Cersei Lannister Baratheon
    3:56 - Tywin Lannister
    3:58 - Joffrey Baratheon (Lannister)
    4:02 - Brienne of Tarth
    4:05 - Jaime Lannister
    4:08 - Illyn Payne
    4:10 - Rorge
    4:12 - Prince Rhaegar vs. Robert Baratheon
    4:14 - The Hound
    4:20 - Bran + Summer
    4:22 - Arya
    4:25 - Sansa Stark
    4:27 - Sansa
    4:29 - Dragonstone with Melisandre overlay
    4:32 - The Field of Fire
    4:39 - Beric Dondarrion
    4:41 - Catelyn
    4:44 - Sansa
    4:45 - Sansa
    4:48 - Funeral of Hoster Tully
    4:52 - Catelyn
    4:57 - Asha Greyjoy
    4:59 - Wildfire at Blackwater Bay
    5:01 - Wildfire at Blackwater Bay
    5:02 - ???
    5:05 - Euron Crow's Eye (Greyjoy)
    5:08 - Bran + Summer
    5:14 - Sansa + snow castle
    5:17 - Sansa
    5:19 - Ned
    5:23 - Robb Stark + Grey Wind
    5:26 - Jeyne Westerling Stark (Mrs. Robb)
    5:29 - ???
    5:32 - Brienne??? or Ser Arthur Dayne???
    5:37 - Bran + Summer
    5:41 - Arya
    5:44 - Tyrion
    5:48 - Meera Reed + Howland Reed (Jojen)
    5:52 - Myrcella Baratheon + Tommen Baratheon
    5:55 - Loras Tyrell
    6:00 - Margaery Tyrell
    6:08 - Danaerys

Here are two more good ones. The first one is the Targaryean Succession, but also includes some sisters and Blackfyres as well as Prince Baelor from the tales of Dunk and Egg and Maester Aemon. Has great music from LOTR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdWa2A4TVeY

The second is another of general ASOIAF artwork with very very few repeat paintings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psiySIy32yw

^ Love the paintings of Ser Barristan Selmy at 1:27

ETA: The references to the two videos immediately above are backwards. The first one is the montage of ASOIAF artwork. The second is the Targaryean Succession.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 06-26-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: backwards

vCash

vCash
    Just saw the last episode but a bit confused. Where is Jon snow headed at the end?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post
    Bear..,you think benjen...I mean coldhands is gonna show up before Jon?
    There is also a plausible theory that Benjen is in Esteros and is in fact incognito as Daario Naharis. Could be one reason his hair and beard are colored. The thing to remember about the books is that often times, the POV hasn't seen certain characters before and would not know any different. It's harder to pull off in a TV show. That's why the Whitebeard/Selmy dynamic was more immediate in the show. He couldn't hang around several episodes pretending to be Whitebeard because we would recognize the actor.

On that note, I am thinking this could be why we've never seen Euron Crow's Eye in the show. There are also theories that he is Daario Naharis.

Things like the above aren't so obviously plausible at first glance until one tries to wrap their mind around the timeline and realize there are a lot of holes that allow for longer periods of travel than are immediately obvious.