Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones?

vCash
    Yes. Azor Ahai may be a "bad" guy.

I also think the word "hodor" is actually a bastardization of the word "other" or vice versa. I lean toward the latter. As in the great other who's name must not be spoken. The name is Hod'r in my opinion, the "opposite" of R'llor. The "Others" (or The "Hodors") are minions of that "god" and perhaps somehow the name got associated with them as in the are Hod'r's. They belong to him. Something traumatized Walder and that is why all he says is "Hodor." Say "hodor" with a Old English accent and drop the "H" as many dialects do...see if it doesn't sound something like "other." There are some parallels in this story to the Ragnarok. Is it only a coincedence that the Norse god of winter was "Hod" or "Hodr?" We'll know if we ever get a scene in which Hodor says "Hodor" in Melissandre's presence and she goes apesh#t, turns ghost white, and/or passes out!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Yes. Azor Ahai may be a "bad" guy.

I also think the word "hodor" is actually a bastardization of the word "other" or vice versa. I lean toward the latter. As in the great other who's name must not be spoken. The name is Hod'r in my opinion, the "opposite" of R'llor. The "Others" (or The "Hodors") are minions of that "god" and perhaps somehow the name got associated with them as in the are Hod'r's. They belong to him. Something traumatized Walder and that is why all he says is "Hodor." Say "hodor" with a Old English accent and drop the "H" as many dialects do...see if it doesn't sound something like "other." There are some parallels in this story to the Ragnarok. Is it only a coincedence that the Norse god of winter was "Hod" or "Hodr?" We'll know if we ever get a scene in which Hodor says "Hodor" in Melissandre's presence and she goes apesh#t, turns ghost white, and/or passes out!
    Damn man.......can you pass me whatever it is you're on when you read these books!! Haha jk...but honestly that is why I like the books so much...trying to interpret or predict the outcome for these characters makes it that much more enjoyable to read...that is until you flip to the next page and that son of a bitch GRRM says "f it,..everyone really likes this character by now, let's kill him...

But damn man...that is a crazy theory you have there...I work nightshifts in the ICU so there isn't usually too much going on for my 12 hour shift...I've came up with some pretty off the wall theories but none as detailed as that

vCash
    I can't get there, Bear. The prophecy seems pretty clear that AA is supposed to save everyone from the Others. But with that crazy bastard GRMM, who the hell knows?
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I can't get there, Bear. The prophecy seems pretty clear that AA is supposed to save everyone from the Others. But with that crazy bastard GRMM, who the hell knows?
    Nothing's ever as it seems!! I think Mel may be a pawn and not realize it. I think we'll be really surprised to see who the "hero" and "villain" of this story when it all plays out. With GRRM it's probably more accurate to say protagonist and antagonist. Or the one who in the end will be trying to save humanity and who will be trying to destroy it... and I think they were both introduced early in book 1 and in the series in episode 1. But, I won't blow your mind with that yet!!!!!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Won't lie, that was awesome. I'm sure many will disagree, but I don't think she's the hottest GoT chick. I think Melisandre, Ygritte, Sansa, and Margaery are all hotter.
    What about old Nan?***

Gilly could be hot if you get her out from under all the sweaty animal skins!

vCash
    Well, season premier was all right, but you really don't expect it to move quickly because it's the setup episode. I do think episode 2 could be VERY special. If not the episode 3. I like the Red Viper being here now, but he is not bi in the books. Just gives the impression he has quite the appetite. Oh well, it's HBO. Maybe he was just showing his power.

vCash
    Well, season premier was all right, but you really don't expect it to move quickly because it's the setup episode. I do think episode 2 could be VERY special. If not the episode 3. I like the Red Viper being here now, but he is not bi in the books. Just gives the impression he has quite the appetite. Oh well, it's HBO. Maybe he was just showing his power.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed the series. I haven't pulled the trigger on reading the books, but am leaning that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgInMemphis View Post
    I've thoroughly enjoyed the series. I haven't pulled the trigger on reading the books, but am leaning that way.

Then this is for you!

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...136#post160136

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgInMemphis View Post
    You should do it. The books are awesome, and GRRM does some neat storytelling tricks that just can't be replicated on TV.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    First episode was like every first episode thus far, just a place setting, not bad not great.

And for the guy hesitation on reading the books, read them.

vCash
    I'm with both of you. I think R+L=J. Too much happening with the TOJ to be a red Herring.

Great Start to the season. I'm ready for Twitter to explode a couple of times this season again.

vCash
    Won't lie, that was awesome. I'm sure many will disagree, but I don't think she's the hottest GoT chick. I think Melisandre, Ygritte, Sansa, and Margaery are all hotter.
    They're all super, super hot. Margaery and Sansa may be co-1s for me, followed closely by Khaleesi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    They're all super, super hot. Margaery and Sansa may be co-1s for me, followed closely by Khaleesi.

I am looking forward to see who they cast as Arianne Martell in future seasons

vCash
    I am looking forward to see who they cast as Arianne Martell in future seasons
    No doubt. Although I'm still pissed at how they managed to **** up the casting of Asha/Yara. Hopefully they won't make that mistake with Arianne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    You really can't go wrong with almost any of the main female cast members. Hell, even Ros was a smoke show. But I'm a little bit of a ginger addict, so it's hard for me to go with anyone over the 3 gingers.

vCash
    You really can't go wrong with almost any of the main female cast members. Hell, even Ros was a smoke show. But I'm a little bit of a ginger addict, so it's hard for me to go with anyone over the 3 gingers.
    Although Ros's show role was much larger than her book one I was sorry she got on the receiving end of King Prick "shooting his load." So, no more Ros for you unless they write in unRos. You're down to 2 and well, soon.... well, I'll hush now but you know.

I've actually seen some folks say some negative things about expanding her character but the screen is such a different animal from print. It's easier to keep a character around or combine minor characters into one. It's even true from a $$$ point of view I imagine. Why play 4 actors to play 4 minor parts when you can pay 1 and give him or her all the lines?

vCash
    Although Ros's show role was much larger than her book one I was sorry she got on the receiving end of King Prick "shooting his load." So, no more Ros for you unless they write in unRos. You're down to 2 and well, soon.... well, I'll hush now but you know.

I've actually seen some folks say some negative things about expanding her character but the screen is such a different animal from print. It's easier to keep a character around or combine minor characters into one. It's even true from a $$$ point of view I imagine. Why play 4 actors to play 4 minor parts when you can pay 1 and give him or her all the lines?
    Actually, Ros was created solely for the TV show and was never mentioned at all in the books. There was one other character created specifically for TV, too, but I'm drawing a blank on who it is. Still kinda aggravated at the way she went out, but it fits with King Sociopath. Plus, you know Littlefinger wasn't going to let a spy for Varys hang around his operation. And yes, I know what's coming.

You're spot on about the cost savings in combining several minor characters into one. It happens all the time. ASOIAF is so damn big, you'd never be able to get in all the little minor characters mentioned here and there. It's much better off to just roll them into one character with a middling role.

How does everyone feel about the re-casting of Daario for this season? Also, how much longer can we go before they're forced to re-cast Arya? Won't be long before her role becomes more...adult, shall we say. Like, they could run into issues next season, depending on how quickly they move. Dammit, GRRM, hurry your fat ass up and get the next book out! We need the series finished before your old ass croaks.

vCash
    i know, we've only seen the new Daario once, but he seems to be a much better actor. Plus he doesn't have that "I really want to punch this guy in the face"...face. I just don't see them re-casting Arya, she did a good job of acting more adult in the first episode. Hell they may change up the story with her, like the hound..I could be wrong though, but I could've swore that the fight at the Inn was where Arya leaves the hound without giving him a merciful death.

Side note/question: concerning the show; Is the Hound anyone else's new favorite character? That last scene was the tits. "I understand that if anymore words come pouring out of your **** mouth, I'm going to have to eat every ****ing chicken in this room"..

vCash
    Actually, Ros was created solely for the TV show and was never mentioned at all in the books. There was one other character created specifically for TV, too, but I'm drawing a blank on who it is. Still kinda aggravated at the way she went out, but it fits with King Sociopath. Plus, you know Littlefinger wasn't going to let a spy for Varys hang around his operation. And yes, I know what's coming.

You're spot on about the cost savings in combining several minor characters into one. It happens all the time. ASOIAF is so damn big, you'd never be able to get in all the little minor characters mentioned here and there. It's much better off to just roll them into one character with a middling role.

How does everyone feel about the re-casting of Daario for this season? Also, how much longer can we go before they're forced to re-cast Arya? Won't be long before her role becomes more...adult, shall we say. Like, they could run into issues next season, depending on how quickly they move. Dammit, GRRM, hurry your fat ass up and get the next book out! We need the series finished before your old ass croaks.
    Looked that up in "A Game of Thrones." I guess I mean, the character is there in Winterfell in the books but is not given a name. There is mention of red headed whore. But as book readers know in the show she is also an amalgamation of other characters including Chataya and Alaya. She could also be seen as a minor foil for Littlefinger and perhaps Shea, Ros being more sensitive and Shea already showing signs of selfishness. Tyrion tries very hard to get her to understand the way things have to work but she doesn't get it, perhaps due to cultural difference since she is from Essos...which of course she is not in the book, making her more "selfish," but then Ros is not in the book and not her foil for the book..... ack, confusing!!!

As for Daario, until he has blue hair he's not quite right. This season's Daario has more of the rakish look, cutting more of the handsome rogue figure he is supposed to rather than the 80s rocker stud look the other guy had. So, the new Daario looks more the part, but with that said, I CANNOT STAND THE RECASTING OF MAJOR CHARACTERS.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 04-10-2014 at 11:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post
    "I understand that if anymore words come pouring out of your **** mouth, I'm going to have to eat every ****ing chicken in this room
    LOVED IT!!! He has grown on me a lot from reading the books, though it's hard for me to say favorite. It's more like I have a top six in no particular order:

(1) The Hound
    (1) Jaime -his tale has grown in the telling as JRRT might say
    (1) Tyrion -though less and less as I read ADWD
    (1) Berrick Dondarrion
    (1) Barristan Selmy -that old man will kick your 17ing butt
    (1) Jojen Reed -because there is no Jojen Reed...he's really Howland Reed and that's why no one know where the 17 he is or what the 17 he's doing and why the 17 he's supposedly sitting on his butt doing nothing when all the world is in chaos. If anyone's interested I'll put all the clues to that together in a thread or post sometime. I think we'll find that out for sure in TWOW