Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's amazing looking back at recruiting and how just one player affects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Didn't Polk also have jay bell committed but he went pro outta high school??
    Yes. And Greg litton.

vCash
    Bender? Now he had a stellar career in the nba. Bet he wishes he had outlaws bank account. And no I'm not saying outlaw was a world beater.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Bender? Now he had a stellar career in the nba. Bet he wishes he had outlaws bank account. And no I'm not saying outlaw was a world beater.
    Doubt it. Bender is a successful inventor.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...203412912.html

vCash
    Yes Litton and Bell and Jay Tibbs and Todd Ritchie among others who played in the bigs all signed with Polk. From the mid eighties to the early nineties, Polk lost so many players to the draft, he changed his recruiting philosophy and started signing kids who would come to school. But McDonald and Olson went to college and Polk didn't get either.

vCash
    Well if bender made over 60 mil w this device then great, which I doubt at this point. But u basically said he was superior to outlaw and his short nba career doesn't prove it.

Banned
    vCash
    Well if bender made over 60 mil w this device then great, which I doubt at this point. But u basically said he was superior to outlaw and his short nba career doesn't prove it.
    At the time they signed Einstein. We'd get 1 year with that player. I'm taking the one that set the scoring record in the McDonald's AA game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You lost me at Travis Outlaw. Don't be fooled by his twelve year NBA career. He blows. I have no idea how he's lasted longer than a day in the NBA. It's a miracle actually. Now replace Outlaw with Bender and you're on to something.
    Considering Outlaw shouldn't have gone to the draft straight out of high school and lasted as long as he has, I'll assume he was better than the average college basketball player and could have helped out.

vCash
    At the time they signed Einstein. We'd get 1 year with that player. I'm taking the one that set the scoring record in the McDonald's AA game.
    Well just because he set a record in a damn exhibition where they play no defense really doesn't make a damn.......Einstein. What proves your an idiot is saying a guy who has had a 12 yr career blows. Is he a star? Nope. But he must've fooled several teams since he sucks so bad.

Banned
    vCash
    But he must've fooled several teams since he sucks so bad.
    Yup. He's an absolute freak athlete with longer arms than Kevin Durant probably. He jumps out the ****ing roof and his arms wrap around your body twice. Physically NBA gifted yes.

vCash
    Yup. He's an absolute freak athlete with longer arms than Kevin Durant probably. He jumps out the ****ing roof and his arms wrap around your body twice. Physically NBA gifted yes.
    But guys, he blows. We would rather have Bernard Rimmer **

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    Imagine if today's CBB rules were in place and Monta Ellis and Travis Outlaw would have played at State for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Stevens View Post
    But guys, he blows. We would rather have Bernard Rimmer **
    Who said anything about Bernard Rimmer other than you? I said I'd rather have freshman in college Jonathan Bender over freshman in college Travis Outlaw. You'd rather have Outlaw Brad?

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Esplanade I am absolutely shocked that you of all people don't know the Outlaw family. You know literally every single athlete in Starkville. Or I thought you did. Call it a "family decision" for Jr. to be the caretaker and Travis the money maker. If Jr. was 6'9 you'd know who he is.
    Possibly the dumbest thing I have heard on this board to date. If big brother...

OK I will play. If Tyler Threadgill had been 6'5" and 25 pounds heavier and ran a 4.1-40 he would be playing on Sundays. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Travis was no NBA legend or anything, but the guy has been solid for over a decade. I can name you a load of college stars who cant match that resume. I saw Travis dunk a basketball when he was 11, too.

Banned
    vCash
    Travis Outlaw has been rated one of the worst NBA players for awhile now.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/0...s-outlaw-kings

vCash

That's great. He's played 12 years. Twelve freakin years in the nba. So pull what ever site you want,but the avg nba guy doesn't last 5 years much less 12! You point is ignorant. And guess what? If they cut him next year he still gets 7 MORE million dollars.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash

Know what would make him better? IF he had Lebron's strength and speed and Durant's jumper. Hes totally better than both of everybody if he had those. Outlaw is the greatest NBA player of all time if he had those ****

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Know what would make him better? IF he had Lebron's strength and speed and Durant's jumper. Hes totally better than both of everybody if he had those. Outlaw is the greatest NBA player of all time if he had those ****
    Haha take notes Brad this is how you reply. Point taken. Nope John Outlaw Jr. is not 6'9 with arms longer than a giraffe's neck. He was/is the better SKILLED basketball player between the two. Something I despise about the NBA is showing in this thread. Same reason players like Walter Sharpe get drafted and the Chris Lofton's of the world don't. Ask Travis whose better and he'll say Jr.. Ask daddy whose better and he'll say Jr.. Have Travis and Jr. play 10 games of 1v1 and Jr. would win 10 out of 10 times. Yet Travis lands the NBA job and keeps one for 12+ years because he's 6'9, jumps out the ****ing gym and has arms longer than a Stansbury vs Ray thread.

vCash
    Renardo Sidney was definitely a game changer. **

Michael Oyfesobi and Khalil Nash too. ***

vCash
    I know nothing about Travis Outlaw or much about the NBA anymore. Lost interest a long time ago. But there is no way this guy hangs on for 12 years making millions of dollars if he has no talent. Any player good enough to do that would have been more than welcome to play for MSU.

vCash
    Boy this thread quickly went to shit from the OP

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    Boy this thread quickly went to shit from the OP
    Yea next time I'll we aware of the Travis Outlaw love. My bad.