Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey Coach question and request O.T. the Zeppelin tribute and what I think were their

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Y'all should check out some of Sabbath's early records with Iommi, Butler, Ward, and Osbourne. Truly pioneers of their time.
    It may be hard to find, but get the DVD of the making of Pink Floyds Dark Side Of The Moon, it is impressive. Floyd was way ahead their time when it comes to recording in studio. I found a copy in a local DVD rental store. It is great to watch with a couple of beers and surround sound. And you may shoot me for saying this but, David Gilmore is the best guitarist. By the way, which one is Pink?

vCash
    I don't see how anybody wouldn't declare Hendrix the best guitarist- and I worship Page. But there is no other one like Jimi
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We could be arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, guys! I don't see how anybody can argue about who is THE best guitarist. There are just too many great ones. I consider them all A best. Clapton, Paige, Beck, Hendrix, Gilmore, and all the others mentioned here. How do say one was the best? Each did some things better than the others, but all were excellent mechanics. I knew and watched a lot of club band guitar players in those days and they would praise all these guys. They also liked a lot of others not mentioned here, in particular the original lead player for CTA, Terry Kath. If you listen to all his work on their first two albums, it's easy to see why. A group called Wishbone Ash also had a pair of tandem leads who were strong. Their Argus album had some fine work.

vCash
    Not to get in a pissing match but many people in the industry consider eric clapton to be the most overrated musician in rock history.

vCash
    Many people in the industry are jealous and harbor resentment. Clapton came on the scene when there was no one in the rock genre who could compare and blazed the trail. His reputation as THE best was earned very early during his stints with the Yardbirds and the Blues Breakers- before he started with Cream. All one need do is listen to his work on the live recording of "Crossroads" to see that he would be a distant second to nobody.