Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James Meredith Statue

vCash
    How ****ing stupid do you have to be to post that shit on Facebook or Twitter?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    https://twitter.com/Seven_Ohs

Emmanuel McCray with some pretty profound thoughts on the way out...

vCash
    Just for clarification......the kid only posted the picture on Twitter, and at some point deleted it, but not before someone copied it. It was being posted on Facebook in an attempt to "out" the kid, which is where I saw it, posted by one of my friends. I actually know one of his friends that he tagged with it on twitter.....This picture will follow this kid the rest of his life.

vCash
    "As many black friends as I got y'all really think I'm racist" -@ltillman95 he's pretty stupid

vCash
    "I dont really voice my opinion on touchy subjects. But the ppl who did that are the same guys shaking our hands at the walk of champions."

Yeah, that's pretty profound. *******.

vCash
    Yeah- the guy that did it is not justin Moore. He was a Sr at Grenada and got expelled over it "per sources"

vCash
    Justin Moore is a news reporter that has picked it up.

vCash
    This kid and the Ole Miss thing seem like unrelated incidents, no?

vCash
    Only related in that Oxford and Grenada are basically the same town- one has a lake, the other a University that gives the State a black eye repeatedly

vCash
    If Ole Miss people aren't involved, it's their old south culture that is a lightening rod for this shit. Ole Miss is toxic for the state of Mississippi.

I wish we could kick them out. At the very least, they should completely re-brand to stop embarrassing the whole state.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    If Ole Miss people aren't involved, it's their old south culture that is a lightening rod for this shit. Ole Miss is toxic for the state of Mississippi.

I wish we could kick them out. At the very least, they should completely re-brand to stop embarrassing the whole state.
    THIS and all of this. Can we have that be our new marketing campaign. "We aren't Ole Miss." and have photos of all the embarrassing crap they've done?
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash

Probably this "Ole Miss Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordawg View Post
    Was found with a noose around the neck and draped in a old Georgia flag on OM campus. 2 people dressed in camo pants fleeing the scene
    [IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    What's sickening is all the white folk responding on his twitter account acting like they are so innocent. Same ole bitches who probably gave him a blo n go on recruiting weekend. I can't believe "knees" Yancy hasn't chimed in by now. Hughs just looking for a story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    There is really nothing funny about this shit, guys. This WILL get national news, and the average person outside of Mississippi, will not see this as an Ole Miss issue, it will be a Mississippi issue, which impacts all of us.

Thanks assholes, for ****in' us again.
    Unfortunately so. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of the people who ask where I went to school say "Oh, that's Ole Miss right?"

Part of me laughs because they think they're elite, yet people don't know the difference between at least 15% of the SEC schools. The other part of me cringes because 1/2 of their fame is for horrible, horrible things, with the other 1/2 being the NFL's kind of int-o's went there.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    And all these minority athletes just flock to this place because of the environment and atmosphere? Seriously how ****ing long does the Triple AAA (Ascot Association of America) think people and cruits will continue to bite on this bullshit?

Recruiting aside, one particular university continues to be a Black Eye for the state of Mississippi, when the rest of the state has been past this issue for decades. It is beyond me how they can keep that place open with repeated shit like this. I don't care who did this, but it's very ignorant either way. Nothing good comes of it. I hope they catch them, but it will not stop the next asshat up there from doing something similar. It's sad that these types of thoughts are introduced to the OM students once on campus in Lafayette Co.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    THIS and all of this. Can we have that be our new marketing campaign. "We aren't Ole Miss." and have photos of all the embarrassing crap they've done?
    This is a hilarious idea. Anytime there fans chant "first down Oleeee Missss" we should all yell "we aren't Oleeee Misssss". Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    And I forgot to add: **** this guy. I hope he get everything coming to him.
    I don't. The kid is obviously some combination of stupid and snot nosed. I don't have a problem with the fact that his world is about to be turned upside down now, but stupid/terrible young people often grow up to be if not world beaters, at least not stupid and not terrible. Not sure this kid is going to get that chance when this pops up in google everytime a potential employer googles him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I don't. The kid is obviously some combination of stupid and snot nosed. I don't have a problem with the fact that his world is about to be turned upside down now, but stupid/terrible young people often grow up to be if not world beaters, at least not stupid and not terrible. Not sure this kid is going to get that chance when this pops up in google everytime a potential employer googles him.
    I totally agree. If our world were as unforgiving when I was younger as it is now, I'd be with Mose Allison, "Sittin' down here on Parchman Farm. What our system must do is not let politics be the overwhelming influence in the way the case is disposed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Wow. They can't stop stepping on their own dicks. It's just getting sad now

#GrenadaWithoutTheLake
    I think you are giving them too much credit. You know how big it would have to be in order for them to step on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    I totally agree. If our world were as unforgiving when I was younger as it is now, I'd be with Mose Allison, "Sittin' down here on Parchman Farm. What our system must do is not let politics be the overwhelming influence in the way the case is disposed.
    I don't know that we were ever more forgiving, but at least we were more 'forgetting'. I'm quite sure there would be a lot of pictures I would be very embarassed of had camera phones with an internet connection been omnipresent when I was in high school and college. I don't think there'd be anything that damning, but who knows what stupid shit we did while sitting around that would look terrible in the light of day.

I remember at least one time in college I saw a guy walking to the shower that had been cat-faced with all the usual things, plus a big swastika. I'm guessing his 'friends' were doing it to embarrass him and were not actually neonazis, but I'm not sure that would matter if they had taken pictures of it and put it online.