Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: James Meredith Statue

vCash
    Don't make this a "liberal media" thing, man - any response they get for this situation is about human decency, not politics.

vCash
    They just never stop either over there. Tx Muddawg could make an Ole Miss Tradition Part II
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It's an absolutely despicable action. People need to grow up and stop fanning the racist's flames of one dismal part of our great state's history. I mean, anybody who thinks he's better than someone else because of his race either has a two-inch dick or an IQ of about 90. I'm shocked that the Harvard of the South would allow such characters into its vicinity. Somebody has obviously cheated on his ACT.

vCash
    The horrible thing is that the US justice department will probably charge it as a hate crime. I'm too much a softie and feel sorry for these trapped idiots. They've got some serious epiphanies about to take place.

vCash
    1. a statue can't be killed or beaten for the color of it's skin
    2. a person can
    3. there are such things as "hate crimes"
    4. this isn't rocket science

vCash
    That place is unraveling fast!!!

vCash
    The truly do not forget the old times. I agree that the University of Mississippi and the Lost Cause symbols it continues to propagate are a huge embarrassment to OUR state. Mississippi State University has a history that all Mississippians can celebrate. Case in point, the Loyola v MSU game. They have a very nice exhibit about the game at the library right now. Y'all go see it.

Ole Miss will NEVER drop those Lost Cause symbols that celebrate the systematic violent oppression of humans. For that reason, they will continue to suffer from a bad image. I will never send or pay for my children to attend that university.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Grant View Post
    The truly do not forget the old times. I agree that the University of Mississippi and the Lost Cause symbols it continues to propagate are a huge embarrassment to OUR state. Mississippi State University has a history that all Mississippians can celebrate. Case in point, the Loyola v MSU game. They have a very nice exhibit about the game at the library right now. Y'all go see it.

Ole Miss will NEVER drop those Lost Cause symbols that celebrate the systematic violent oppression of humans. For that reason, they will continue to suffer from a bad image. I will never send or pay for my children to attend that university.
    Well said, General.

vCash
    This statement has to be a lie. "Assistant to the Chancellor for Multicultural Affairs Don Cole reiterated the creed that the university stands by. "This is particularly painful because the James Meredith statue has become a gathering place for students to discuss many things, including the tenets of our creed, which calls for dignity and respect for all people."

vCash
    In addition to the ongoing UPD investigation, the Ole Miss Alumni Association has offered a $25,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest of the two individuals involved in the incident.
    Who will the recruit be, who turns in the perps on an official visit?

You know... For the "Reward"... [/WINK]

vCash
    I don't know how to post a pic, and really don't want to post this one, but here's a really strange thing..... Earlier today, before Ole Miss's announcement of the Meredith statue thing, someone posted a picture on Facebook of a young guy in camo with a noose around a black statue. A reporter over in the Delta has picked it up and is trying to get the kid to talk. Search twitter for justinmooreontv and you can see the picture. If you visit the kid's page, his background is Ole Miss, and he is from the Grenada area. Coincidence?

vCash
    Yup. Here it is. His twitter account is deleted.

edit: his twitter is not deleted.

https://twitter.com/ltillman95

Last edited by BeardoMSU; 02-17-2014 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    And I forgot to add: **** this guy. I hope he get everything coming to him.

Banned
    vCash
    If he's from Grenada, C34 will have somehting to say about this...God help us all. just damn... how disgusting..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    There is really nothing funny about this shit, guys. This WILL get national news, and the average person outside of Mississippi, will not see this as an Ole Miss issue, it will be a Mississippi issue, which impacts all of us.

Thanks assholes, for ****in' us again.

EXACTLY. This is another reason why I will not call them by there racist nickname. Furthermore when I tell any person why I will not call them by that name, I tell them the story of what it means and how it used to have that exact story on their school website. I want anyone I meet in DFW to know the difference between UM and MSU and what WE, THE MISSISSIPPI STATE University stand for and the people of the state stand for.

This will be another easy target for any non-southern news show and newspaper to say how racist the people of Mississippi are. Sadly they all love to jump on something like this rather than point to any racist stories in their own communities.

vCash
    Yup. Here it is. His twitter account is deleted.

No his Twitter account is not deleted....

vCash
    See "edit", bells.

vCash
    See "edit", bells.
    Yeah sorry, saw that after I posted mine.

vCash
    That university is despicable

vCash
    no worries.