Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More News from Oxford reguarding arrest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancleave View Post
    Guy's I know this is good fodder to make fun of the Bears but this is nothing more than a collage frat party that got a little out of control. LOL, I am sure there is nobody on this board who has ever rode to the pokey after getting busted for public drunk in collage.
    While I agree with point....it's the atmosphere that they are pushing plus the other thing that can't be talked about.
    Different topic but what was the name of that movie with Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLGDawg View Post
    While I agree with point....it's the atmosphere that they are pushing plus the other thing that can't be talked about.
    Different topic but what was the name of that movie with Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds ?
    I obviously did not have enough fun in college.

vCash
    Best Little Prosthesis in Texas
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Must have been bad for the two players to get suspended, but Freeze's suspension I'm sure will be handled "in house"-which seems to be his favorite term these days.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancleave View Post
    Guy's I know this is good fodder to make fun of the Bears but this is nothing more than a collage frat party that got a little out of control. LOL, I am sure there is nobody on this board who has ever rode to the pokey after getting busted for public drunk in collage.
    An arrest or two may be overlooked, but numerous arrests from drunken disorderly conduct and DUI to rape indicates an alarming trend of the culture up there to anyone with half a brain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    An arrest or two may be overlooked, but numerous arrests from drunken disorderly conduct and DUI to rape indicates an alarming trend of the culture up there to anyone with half a brain.
    There definitely is a theme of over-indulgence around their program. That usually doesn't end well. It hasn't for us in the past or other programs.

vCash
    An announed suspension for disorderly conduct after multiple bad things get out publicly.

Back up to the Ward's DUI where lives are endangered...no announced suspension there. Because when it happened, there hadn't been multiple recent bad things that got out publicly.

vCash
    The fact that Little K tweeted God Got Me speaks volumes about this program. It's like Freeze tells the players to quickly say something about God if they get in trouble because it will be easier to spin later.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    The fact that Little K tweeted God Got Me speaks volumes about this program. It's like Freeze tells the players to quickly say something about God if they get in trouble because it will be easier to spin later.
    The Hypocrite of all Hypocrites teaching his followers how to use the smoke and mirrors tactic. Have I missed something lately. Did someone start a new denomination of the Christian Religion where Rape, drug/alcohol abuse, disorderly conduct, theft, and DWI are all accepted and righteous acts?

It this simple fact of the Beav basicly spews bullshit daily (something I've been saying since day 1 he was hired) starting to show on the recruiting front. We seem to have every bit of momentum now on the field and recruiting trail. OM's class they just signed was mostly impacted by their surprise 12 season and steal of a class after that. In the last 12 months there have been numerous incidents and articles from recruiting improprieties and dissent amongst the program to rape and alcohol/drug arrests. One would assume, and hope, that most high school players with aspirations of SEC ball, would be well aware of all of these incidents, thus steering clear. End result, we are pulling in who we want with the 2015 class. Am I reading too much into everything, or do others seem to think this is starting to affect them? I know we have a lot going for us the next 2 seasons, but I don't remember it ever being this lopsided, especially this early in the recruiting year.

vCash
    The Hypocrite of all Hypocrites teaching his followers how to use the smoke and mirrors tactic. Have I missed something lately. Did someone start a new denomination of the Christian Religion where Rape, drug/alcohol abuse, disorderly conduct, theft, and DWI are all accepted and righteous acts?

It this simple fact of the Beav basicly spews bullshit daily (something I've been saying since day 1 he was hired) starting to show on the recruiting front. We seem to have every bit of momentum now on the field and recruiting trail. OM's class they just signed was mostly impacted by their surprise 12 season and steal of a class after that. In the last 12 months there have been numerous incidents and articles from recruiting improprieties and dissent amongst the program to rape and alcohol/drug arrests. One would assume, and hope, that most high school players with aspirations of SEC ball, would be well aware of all of these incidents, thus steering clear. End result, we are pulling in who we want with the 2015 class. Am I reading too much into everything, or do others seem to think this is starting to affect them? I know we have a lot going for us the next 2 seasons, but I don't remember it ever being this lopsided, especially this early in the recruiting year.
    The kids might not know any better because they all go for the parties and girls. My question is when are the parents going to realize this and not allow their child to go to a school that is constantly in this kind of trouble. I would never allow my daughter in that city much less that campus.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RossDawg82 View Post
    The kids might not know any better because they all go for the parties and girls. My question is when are the parents going to realize this and not allow their child to go to a school that is constantly in this kind of trouble. I would never allow my daughter in that city much less that campus.
    It won't matter with some parents as long as they have what THEY need. Hell, some elementary kids are "encouraged" to struggle in school for the good of the family. In the end, the kids are a reflection of those that raised them.

vCash
    Am I reading too much into everything, or do others seem to think this is starting to affect them? I know we have a lot going for us the next 2 seasons, but I don't remember it ever being this lopsided, especially this early in the recruiting year.
    Call me a skeptic, but I just figure the OM money machine has not gotten rolling yet. I'm afraid that even with us hitting the top prospects early, there's still plenty of time for poachers to come along and "convince" some in our '15 'crootin class to reconsider.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgHouseUnited View Post
    Call me a skeptic, but I just figure the OM money machine has not gotten rolling yet. I'm afraid that even with us hitting the top prospects early, there's still plenty of time for poachers to come along and "convince" some in our '15 'crootin class to reconsider.
    Oh, no doubt the machine will get rolling, but will continued instances like the above mentioned be too much to overcome. Has our staff finally caught on to the correct way to use these events to our advantage is more of what I was getting at. You can bet they will be trying to break the bank again, around October, once the slush funds are replenished.

vCash
    I was in the frat with the biggest rep for partying. No doubt I could have been popped for DUI back then, though I never was. However, if I'd have been an SEC football player, knowing damn full well what was expected and at risk, and knowing all the advantages I'd have, I just can;t see myself being stupid or immature enough to get in that situation. And regardless of any situation, there is NO WAY I would have talked back to cops or resisted arrest.